Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan on "Late Night"

Teheheman

Reaction score
Personally, I think that they should have shifted everybody up a spot. Conan to the Tonight Show, and Carson Daly to the Late Night spot. THEN probably put Jimmy Fallon in the Last Call spot, and then maybe you'll have a good line-up, but every person that has done a late night show has to have a couple years before you get to really judge them.

Daniel

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I really don't favor Daly or Fallon. Both had minimal entertainment value to me that expired long ago. I think NBC should have started fresh and picked a new talent.

I find it Leno's hanging on and bumping an hour off NBC's prime time to be cheap and tacky. This cuts the legs out from under Conan's show and I hope it bombs so NBC will actually fill that hour with dramatic programming. Trust me; they're not cutting off a sitcom or reality show for that spot. NBC will likely be mostly disposable TV once this happens.

I’m a Letterman guy anyway. The only real issue that I have is also liking Conan (especially with Richter). :cool:

Teheheman

Reaction score
First off, they haven't really HAD and quality programming on NBC at 10 for a while. I mean, yeah some of it is ok, but with ER going and some of the shows getting bumped, that would give some of the quality 10pm shows some real time to get a better audience. Leno would be interesting to see, and Fallon would be interesting to see how he does ya know? I can't wait to see how things turn out.

Daniel

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First off, they haven't really HAD and quality programming on NBC at 10 for a while. I mean, yeah some of it is ok, but with ER going and some of the shows getting bumped, that would give some of the quality 10pm shows some real time to get a better audience. Leno would be interesting to see, and Fallon would be interesting to see how he does ya know? I can't wait to see how things turn out.

Daniel
I like my Law & Orders (formulaic, yet comforting and well produced), but ER has been skipped by me for nearly a decade (too many implausible character combinations/situations for my taste). It's that 10 pm hour of television where the interesting things would happen. Now we'll have Jay Leno shtick. :rolleyes: Still jazzed about Conan and Richter! :super:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Personally, I think that they should have shifted everybody up a spot. Conan to the Tonight Show, and Carson Daly to the Late Night spot. THEN probably put Jimmy Fallon in the Last Call spot, and then maybe you'll have a good line-up, but every person that has done a late night show has to have a couple years before you get to really judge them.

Daniel
Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing not too long ago.

I really don't favor Daly or Fallon. Both had minimal entertainment value to me that expired long ago.
Yeah! I definitely agree with you there. I've always viewed Carson as just a tool to me. But he is kind of funny on his show.

I It's that 10 pm hour of television where the interesting things would happen. Now we'll have Jay Leno shtick. :rolleyes: Still jazzed about Conan and Richter! :super:
kind of suprised They didn't replace the local news with him.:stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Conan said in his last late night show that he was not going to chasnge who he was. He said he had heard people saying it was time for him to grow up for the Tonight Show, and that it wasn't going to happen. Most people who watch late night or the tonight show or even the late show watch it not for the guest stars but for the host. If Conan was to be something totlay diffrenet he would losse many fans who have fell in love with the Conan of the late show.

I'm also going to give Jimmy Fallon a chance, and I think we alll should. He does have some preety big shoes to feel, but if he makes it his own as Conan did I think he will do fine.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's really the only reason NBC agreed to it. Plus they know that crabby, older Jay Fans would have actually tuned in to Fox's Jay show if that ever did happen.... I still think it was very unprofessional of Jay to whine about something he was previously okay with, and a 10 PM show is just caving in to avoid any competition/law suits that could have materialized. Jay's okay... I mean, he is the Crimson Chin, after all...

But ER's finally getting put down, and NBC can easily move half the Law and orders to other 9 PM slots where they had no hits. As long as it doesn't effect Heroes or NBC's Thursday comedy line up (Except for Kath and Kim... for the love of Mike, that show is TERRIBLE), I could care less, since that's basically the only things I care about on their network.

And somehow, even if it is a flop, I'd think that there's some contractual obligation that would let it on the air as long as the contract says so....

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well for someone who has been an ER fan for a long time, I really think that after this season people will want it back. This season they really have gone back to the basics of what made the show work, and it has been one of the best seasons we have had in a few years.
As for there comodys i think NBC is doing preety good right now they have 30 Rock and the Office that are doing very well right now. They also have one coming out soon that looks funny called Parks and Recreation, so I think that whoever is coming up with the comofy is finaly getting it.
Then there is Celberty Apprentece, which was a shocker of a rateings hit. It's coming back, and this season looks better then the first.
So NBC even though they have had a tuff few years seem to really be trying to but some good things out. I just hope that Jay will be a good fit for the time slot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Then there is Celberty Apprentece, which was a shocker of a rateings hit. It's coming back, and this season looks better then the first.
I frankly hope that show flops. I want to see that era of programming come to a rightful end at once.