Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan on "Late Night"

vaati64

Reaction score
I can't wait to watch parsk and recreation, mostly because it's by the same creators of the office. I don't think I am gonna watch Late Night starting on Monday, though. I just don't like Jimmy Fallon. He's not as funny as Conan

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Jimmy Fallon myself, and from what it seems a lot of people don't really dig this idea.

But who knows what will happen, if he does well, good for him, that's all I can really say.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well look what they did when Conan started here was a no name TV writer, with no on air TV experiance, and gave him a huge chance. So at first this may seem like a bad idea but look at the past.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Fallon starts on Monday who is going to watch! I think i will just to see Tina Fay. Who really seems to be becoming a big star as of late!

Teheheman

Reaction score
I'll watch just to see how he does. I mean, he's not gonna be Conan but then again, it took him a few years to kinda get the feel of it. To get the flow, so give him a while, and we'll see.

Daniel

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well look what they did when Conan started here was a no name TV writer, with no on air TV experiance, and gave him a huge chance. So at first this may seem like a bad idea but look at the past.
Well that's just it. I mean Jimmy in a way had his chance to prove in self in the public eye before, and he just didn't prove to be all that great. Maybe there is something I'm just not seeing in him and Loren Michaels donws? Who knows?

Conan didn't have that same judge ment as Jimmy does for the fact that people didn't know him... So that could judge himand that at least had to give him a chance. We know what Jimmy is like, so we have always rady mae judgements on him besed on what we have seen and known for years. Plus, there is a possibility that they could have made a big mistake and over looked Loren's beter judgemenat because he has been right before.

But I will say this. I do have to give evrything at least one chance before I decsied if it's any good or not. Of course ther are going to be people who say that it's not as god as Conan's late night... That is to be expected. Imean the same things happend woith Conan afer all where they said that Dave's late nihgt was the best/better and will always be that way.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I honsetly don't think I'll brother wacthing it, I'm just not a Jimmy Fallon fan. But I'll be a nice guy and wish him good luck in his new late night gig, :big_grin:.

Though truth be told I don't really wacth a lot of late night talk shows anyway

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I don't care for his movies but I kind of thougt he was funny when on SNL. Of corse when he was on he was having to kind of compet with Will Ferrel, and Tina Fay. So there may have been things he could have done diffrently.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well I don't care for his movies but I kind of thougt he was funny when on SNL. Of corse when he was on he was having to kind of compet with Will Ferrel, and Tina Fay. So there may have been things he could have done diffrently.
I guess you're right, but for me there was no competition there, because Will Farrel and Tiny Fay are funny to me.

He has said some funny things, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But then again, his Simpsons episodes were some of the best there have ever been. Fallon has never made me laugh at all... even Will Ferrel made me laugh on occassion before his onslaught of hit or miss films.... I did really enjoy Anchorman, and I didn't even think I would.

There inlies the problem... while Conan had no experience, Fallon had experience, but let's not forget that a lot of people don't find him funny at all. The writers are gonna have to work hard to get him to that level.

I'm just concerned Conan won't be able to do any of his schtick, since people want Jay's show in that time slot....