Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan on "Late Night"

Teheheman

Reaction score
What about ALF? He had HIS own talk show for a little bit. Sucked in the ratings, but it wasn't HORRIBLE. Might be kinda cool to see him do another show like that.

Daniel

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
here's the shame. We'll probably never see that, but we will see Jimmy Fallon trying to keep people awake for a late night show. I bet even fans of his SNL bits would be disappointed in how he'll come across.
You called it right on the money. I mean him trying to keep people awake and amused?:sleep:

But yeah! Having ALF would seem like it were some kind of gimmick, he could co host. Again, funnier and more entertaining then Fallon.:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But yeah! Having ALF would seem like it were some kind of gimmick, he could co host. Again, funnier and more entertaining then Fallon.:big_grin:

..even with no one puppettering the guy, ALF has more talent. So, about his talk show... what was that, like on some odd cable network at some random time late at night? You can't blame it for having terrible ratings. Too bad the only resurgance of the character was that one talk show and the old 1010 220 commercials. Such a waste of the character.

Teheheman

Reaction score
It was on TVLand, and I can't remember what time it was on, but it was really cool to see ALF on TV again. You're right. Even without a puppeteer, he would probably do better than Fallon, although, I say give him a chance on the show before you say he sucks.

Daniel

travellingpat

Reaction score
i think you guys are underestimating jimmy fallon, i always thought he did a good job on weekend update and i think that this will help him on here....i think he'll do just fine...and i dont remember who it was but someone called craig ferguson a "jerk" um dude have you ever watched his show? hilarious! i dont know how you cant like him, oh well everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion

Drtooth

Reaction score
and i dont remember who it was but someone called craig ferguson a "jerk" um dude have you ever watched his show? hilarious! i dont know how you cant like him, oh well everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion
I'm not sure he's a fan of anything that stemmed out of the Drew Carey show... and as Craig played Mr. Wick, I could see what he's getting at.

But I really do like Craig. I've seen bits of his show, and I thought it was really hillarious.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ouch! I hope the rating do not just plummet and I truly hope that he is just a hold over until they can get a real funny host.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Eh, I wouldn't worry about it, I mean, I do think that they may take a little hit, but it's like with any show. SNL for example, once the big names leave, and a whole new cast comes, the ratings drop and the show suffers because of it. Conan's first few years were bad as far as ratings go, but they were really good shows.....that I hear, I didn't stay up that late to watch em.

Daniel