Jim Lewis and Steve Whitmire start interactive Youtube/Discord channel CAVE-IN

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Reading those articles about Steve's departure raised a few questions for me. For starters if this whole brinkman ship thing was happening prior to the Muppets being sold to Disney, why wasn't he let go then?

Grumpo

Reaction score
...Steve's departure raised a few questions...
Folks, we had a whole thread discussing Steve's departure.
I think everyone had a chance to form their opinion, and time to express their thoughts there.

Let's just keep this thread for what Steve is doing from now on -- i think it will make things much calmer, and will benefit everybody -- in a sense that we all have a chance to post and discuss the news about this (undoubtedly) talented puppeteer, and what he's doing, without having any second thoughts about it, here on MC. =)

Last edited:

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Steve. I'm glad he decided to do something new and exciting post-Muppets. I also like Age of Resistance, too, don't get me wrong. I'm really getting into that show. But as I said before, even if Steve was no longer working with the Muppets, he could always do his own projects and if he wants to parody his previous exploits, well, he has every right to do it. As long as it doesn't beat a dead horse, I'm fine with it.

Grumpo

Reaction score
Yes, Jim produces the whole thing.

NEXT one is today, 9/27 at 9:27 EST here.

Like Weldon keeps reminding, don't forget to actually download Discord App if you want to participate live -- like I found to my dismay last time, using browser-only access will give you audio-only on discord.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
However, the Dark Crystal bit is just full of venom towards a project he himself worked on and was incredibly important to Jim Henson. He rips into it because he was not invited back to work on the Netflix show. It's sad.
Parodying something isn't the same thing as disrespecting it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly I’m just glad to see Steve all bounced up again with work. And discord out of all things! 🤣