Jim Lewis and Steve Whitmire start interactive Youtube/Discord channel CAVE-IN

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
He is bitter and blacklisted from the 3 major puppetry companies he use to work for.
The thing with Sesame Workshop was that he was let go due to budget issues and he was asked to come to things like Caroll Spinney’s retirement and special conventions.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Reading those articles about Steve's departure raised a few questions for me. For starters if this whole brinkman ship thing was happening prior to the Muppets being sold to Disney, why wasn't he let go then?

Grumpo

Reaction score
...Steve's departure raised a few questions...
Folks, we had a whole thread discussing Steve's departure.
I think everyone had a chance to form their opinion, and time to express their thoughts there.

Let's just keep this thread for what Steve is doing from now on -- i think it will make things much calmer, and will benefit everybody -- in a sense that we all have a chance to post and discuss the news about this (undoubtedly) talented puppeteer, and what he's doing, without having any second thoughts about it, here on MC. =)

Last edited:

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Steve. I'm glad he decided to do something new and exciting post-Muppets. I also like Age of Resistance, too, don't get me wrong. I'm really getting into that show. But as I said before, even if Steve was no longer working with the Muppets, he could always do his own projects and if he wants to parody his previous exploits, well, he has every right to do it. As long as it doesn't beat a dead horse, I'm fine with it.