Is there anything good about KSY?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You got Manhattan on sale? You lucky bum! I bought it in the winter and had to pay full price.
It's true about the sale rack, heehee. It always makes me feel incompetant, buying stuff off of it. Like, your interests aren't cool enough, so we're purposely going to make you embarassed, even though it's cheaper.

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
You got Manhattan on sale? You lucky bum! I bought it in the winter and had to pay full price.
It's true about the sale rack, heehee. It always makes me feel incompetant, buying stuff off of it. Like, your interests aren't cool enough, so we're purposely going to make you embarassed, even though it's cheaper.
No, mine was full price as well. And besides, I wish I hadn't bought it anyway, because I REALLY hate MTM.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Now you're just a bum. :wink: I LOVE MTM. And apparantly Walmart has it in their discount bin, as I have two copies and one was from a thoughtful friend who found in the discount bin. Seriously.That means it was what, 6 dollars?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
To be honest, I never made it all the way through, but that's not because I didn't like it, what I saw I really thought was fun, I just kept getting pulled away for some reason or another; dinner was ready, I had to leave for work, my arm was chopped off while I chopped a latge cut of pork loins ( a typical pastime I like to do as I watch movies). But the DVD has some great extras too. My favorite parts?
• The Jim Henson moment gave me a big smile. Kermit's reaction to him was a bit weird, but I thought it was a beautiful tribute.
• The dog was named Rowlf
• The whole pet store scene was very funny
:boo: & :sleep: appearance and thusly breaking the fourth wall in the process was very funny
• The out takes were priceless, I really really really really really wish they'd include out takes on every Muppet production (past and present)

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
To be honest, I never made it all the way through, but that's not because I didn't like it, what I saw I really thought was fun, I just kept getting pulled away for some reason or another; dinner was ready, I had to leave for work, my arm was chopped off while I chopped a latge cut of pork loins ( a typical pastime I like to do as I watch movies). But the DVD has some great extras too. My favorite parts?
• The Jim Henson moment gave me a big smile. Kermit's reaction to him was a bit weird, but I thought it was a beautiful tribute.
• The dog was named Rowlf
• The whole pet store scene was very funny
:boo: & :sleep: appearance and thusly breaking the fourth wall in the process was very funny
• The out takes were priceless, I really really really really really wish they'd include out takes on every Muppet production (past and present)
I don't remember the Jim Henson moment. Tell us about it. Also, are you sure the dog character's name was Rowlf?

MWoO

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I don't remember the Jim Henson moment. Tell us about it. Also, are you sure the dog character's name was Rowlf?
There are two real dogs shown in the movie. The first is a lassie looking dog named Rowlf for some reason. No relation to Rowlf the puppet or anything. didn't even look like Rowlf the puppet. In fact I think the dog was a she too, but I'm not sure.

Anyway the other real dog also has a puppet counter part that is switched out from time to time. I don't remember the name of the character though.

To me it was another forced moment. they didn't try showing Rowlf the character and instead just named a dog Rowlf that had no relation to anyone important in them ovie. Just awful really.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
MWoO said:
Anyway the other real dog also has a puppet counter part that is switched out from time to time. I don't remember the name of the character though.
The dog's name is Pilgrim.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Kermit and his young chums are running through a small town neighborhood steaming with Americana atmosphere. Kermit in his haste doea not see a young boy of about 12 years of age when he crashes into his leg. Kermit drops to the ground like a limp lead weight while the boy stays his ground without budging. As young Kermit lays on the ground dazed, the boy's hand appears in the shot, taking Kermit's and warmly helps him to his feet.

Kermit gives a slightly frightened and hurried look and with no more then a weak nod, speeds back on his way as the camera pans back a bit to show a look of great intrigue on the young boys face as he barely audibly "Hmms." He then turns back to the chore he was in the midst of before the slight accident and retrieves the mail from a box with the painted name "Henson" on the side.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
In that moment, Kermit was petrified of Jim because Jim was a human. Kermit's knowledge of humans came from what Arnie the Alligator told him earlier in the movie. "Never talk to humans! Animals who talk to humans get killed! And Cooked! And eaten alive!" So his reaction was based on that.

Another thing, when the camera pans back to show Jim getting the mail, you also see an elderly woman sitting on the porch of the house behind him. This, I believe, is supposed to be his grandmother, who he called "Dear" and was a major influence to him.

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Now you're just a bum. :wink: I LOVE MTM. And apparantly Walmart has it in their discount bin, as I have two copies and one was from a thoughtful friend who found in the discount bin. Seriously.That means it was what, 6 dollars?
Yep, $6.88. I've seen it there a couple of times. You'll notice it's MTM in the discount bin, and not MTI or GMC...