Is there anything good about KSY?

P

Princeton

I haven't seen this one yet; going by what I've heard from here, I'm afraid to. :embarrassed: That's what this thread is for. Are there any redeeming qualities to KSY? Is it worth seeing or is it just a waste of time? Thanx!

rexcrk

Reaction score
It's not great.. but some of Kermit's swamp friends are pretty cool, and there's a reference to Arnie the Alligatro (remember him from The Muppet Movie?) and my favorite part: a Statler and Waldorf cameo! I think those are the only characters Jerry Nelson and Dave Goelz perform.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Personally, I kind of like Kermit's Swamp Years. I don't think it's as bad as people here like to say it is. It throws in a bunch of references to all sorts of stuff, and if nothing else, it has some great behinds... (SWAEHB!) Anyway, I think at the very least, it's worth seeing just so you can know what people are criticizing.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Short answer: No.
Long answer: Mary.

Mary was the only funny thing in this film...don't get me started...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
too late, you already got me started.

"Cute little floppy ears, tell him about the ears!"

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
There's a couple of scenes that are really cute and it gives you a sense of where Kermit came from. And the behinds aren't bad, I have to agree with Lisa on that one (SWAEHB! Here we go muffining this thread with our obsessions)

BEAR

Reaction score
I have only seen it once and that was a while ago. Bringing up this topic kinda makes me want to watch it again just to remember it. The thing is, we are introduced to a completely new group of characters. A young Kermit and younger versions of Statler and Waldorf are the only familar characters we see. That could be one reason why it can't hold some fan's attention. I think it is cute, and if there is anything great about the film, I would say it is the concept. Since I first heard about KSY, I thought it was a clever idea. Kermit is such an icon and symbol of our American culture and I think we all wonder what he would have been like as a child in the swamp.
Another thing is that I think this particular film may have been aimed at a much younger audience. Say like 4-10 year olds. While the writing is cute and clever, much of the jokes are very juvinal.
However, I think you should go and see it if you haven't already. I believe that you should see it before you are able to freely critique it. Too many people, especially around here, bash and pick apart things they haven't even seen yet. They just go by what others say instead of allowing their own opinions to form. You might say it is good and you might say it is bad.
So watch it, and judge it for yourself. You may just like it!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Two words: Joey Mazzarino.

...Or am I the only one that thinks so?

...O.K. :embarrassed:

MWoO

Reaction score
There is nothing good about it for adults. Kids would like it, but if you are older than 10 there is no reason to watch it.

BEAR

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Two words: Joey Mazzarino.

...Or am I the only one that thinks so?

...O.K. :embarrassed:

What about him?