Internet sites NOT to buy Muppet items from...

Whatever

Reaction score
Well, they did the survey to see how many ppl would buy if it was offered by Boxing Cow.

dmx10101

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten a response from the guy at Boxingcow this is very frustrating, I think I'll just call my bank and tell them the situation, I'm tired of waiting for this guy to respond.

dmx10101

Reaction score
uncleduke said:
Thanks, Whatever, we do our best.
DMX, if you didn't confirm your order (which is most likely why you don't see it on your account with us) - we would have recieved your Payment via your credit card, but would have had no Idea what it was for.
That actually happens once in a while, people send us money, without telling us what they are ordering.
If you would like to email me directly through the board, I will try to hook you up with a Stage, a refund, or whatever else we can come up with.
I still haven't heard from you, I sent you one last email, if I don't hear back from you within a few days, I will be contacting my bank for a chargeback. You haven't responded to a single on of my numerous emails I've sent you over the past month, the wait is unacceptable.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Deanmo19 said:
I'm planning uncut versions of two Muppet Show pilots on dvd: "The Muppet Valentine Show" and "The Muppet Show: Sex & Violence".
Umm...good for you?

It's a shame to hear stories like this. It's been one too many for me. I don't think I'll order from Uncleduke again.

dmx10101

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
It's been one too many for me. I don't think I'll order from Uncleduke again.
I'm trying to be very patient with him, but he has NOT AT ALL responded to ANY of the emails I sent him. I've sent him about five emails over about a months time to like two differnet of his addresses and haven't gotten a response to any of them. They only thing I've heard from him is that one post he left me in this topic. So I'll wait till the end of this week and then I'll be contacting my bank and paypal to report a scam. Very bad customer service is what I call it. For waiting this long I should get my money refunded and get the EM stage I ordered.

dmx10101

Reaction score
UPDATE: I finally got a email from him as he said he was at the show. He told me that he has no MIB EM stages, just "openers", now I get told this?? So I have to get that or a refund. So I guess I'll just get it sense I will be taking it out of the package anyway.

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
UPDATE: I finally got a email from him as he said he was at the show. He told me that he has no MIB EM stages, just "openers", now I get told this?? So I have to get that or a refund. So I guess I'll just get it sense I will be taking it out of the package anyway.
Yeah, he's notorious for saying that he has things in stock that he doesn't. My theory on this is that he figures he can hold you off on buying from someone else, and it buys him some time to try and get the product in so he can sell it to you. But it doesn't seem as though it usually works out for him, so he ignores e-mails until he has no choice but to fess up. Like I said, just a theory..based on personal experience and numerous horror stories.
-Artie

Drtooth

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
1.- Toonarific.com - I ordered Jim Henson Rarities Vol. 7 (The Muppet Valentine Show,The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence (uncut), The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 years) on VHS for a expensive $18 and Muppetr Babies Vol. 1 (With several episodes of the show) on VHS for a expensive $18 too. Well I placed my order on December 16th and I just got it yesterday February 5th. That's not the worst of it. I pop the tapes in expectong a really good quality video for $18 ea., but no it was about the worst quality videos I've ever seen, both of them, I could barely make out what is going on. On top of that when I was asking them how much longer it would take for my order to come in a email, the person was very rude to me and just said well theres more people ahead of you.
If I may.

You always take a risk buying collector to collector tapes over the internet. I wouldn't be too surprised if they weren't good quality. I did buy one video for 20 bucks, (Mighty heroes and Mighty Mouse play house) and the quality was pretty good. It was a little fuzzy to hear, but that was to be expected. Especially since I have seen where the Mighty heroes (source) have came from.

I don't think it's really leagal, as they are like buying bootleggs... I only buy these if there is no alternative, and I'm VERRRRY courious!

uncleduke

Reaction score
MrTheFrog said:
Yeah, he's notorious for saying that he has things in stock that he doesn't. My theory on this is that he figures he can hold you off on buying from someone else, and it buys him some time to try and get the product in so he can sell it to you. But it doesn't seem as though it usually works out for him, so he ignores e-mails until he has no choice but to fess up. Like I said, just a theory..based on personal experience and numerous horror stories.
-Artie
Artie,

Your package was lost by UPS, you know this, and I know this. If you remember correctly, I was the one who told you there was a problem with it in the first place.
I waited for UPS to send a refund. When the one they sent to your address, in my name was returned to them, I sent you money out of my own pocket.
If anything I should be complaining as I am out the PIS playeet and Series 6 that UPS lost, along with the shipping fee.

As for the EM stages,
I will be the first to admit that I stink at answering email - If you email me a question, and I don't know the answer, I will "save" it.
Unfortunately they can get lost in the shuffle. Especially when it is someone who is emailing about the status of their order, when there is no order because they didn't confirm it.
The main problem with DMX's order was that he filled out the order form, but didn't confirm it. That is why, when he went back to the site there was no record of it, and also why we didn't process it.
It is the same as going to McDonalds, plopping down the money on the counter without talking to the counter clerk, and sitting in the corner, upset because you didn't get a Big Mac.
We had no idea what you were ordering.

I had more on order from Palisades since December, with no delivery. It seems there was a massive problem with their inventory software in the Chino warehouse. They were reporting inventory that wasn't there.
If you had placed your order correctly, you would have gotten your stage a couple of days later - as it is now, I am sending you the last EM Stage I had, the one I was gonna keep for myself.

Sorry for the dissapointment, you are getting a brand new one - just the box aint so pretty. I offered you the option of taking this one, or a refund. You said the one in the shelf worn box is fine, as long as the toy is mint. For you to complain about it now is pretty low.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Thog said:
A friend of mine had a horrible time with Boxingcow trying to get me the muppet push puppets. I guess it took him a while to resolve, but it took a month or two.
No, it took him 2 weeks to get them in his hands, He ordered them, and emailed me that he needed them for Christmas.
And I made sure they made it in time.