If You Could Bring Back One Lost Character...

jobi71

Reaction score
Like a lot of people who posted I have a few choices. With my avatar as a clue I would like to see Zelda Rose come back. Used as she was in the show primarily a chorus character but featured in some bits here and there such as The Blue Danube/Library scene or Who?

My second choice would be Baskerville. He's a long time character was a perfect character to highlight Jerry's singing. They could assign him to any performer with a good singing voice. I would not be concerned if the voice sounded different.

Characters that are built that they could use better: Afghan Hound. When they were doing The Muppets I thought she would make a good scene partner for Rowlf at the tavern. She could have been the Diane to Rowlf's Sam and they could exchange many bad puns and sing a few songs.

I'd like to see them do something more with Beautiful Day Monster. He had a great bit in a few episodes of freezing in the background and staring at the camera. It was a nice small touch. It would be nice if he could have another "Got anything cheaper?" scene.

Hilda would be a good character to return. In the various plays I have worked on the costume/wardrobe person is always a trusted confidant. They work with all the artists, so she could share a scene with almost any character. She is eccentric but a little more level headed than most Muppets. It also would be another female character to add to the group. Potential drawback Deadly has taken on a lot of wardrobe duties, but if he is strictly Miss Piggy's fashion guru and Hilda works with the rest that would work.

The current roster of frackles (Mo, JG, and the Pink one) could use a few more, so bring back Boppity, Gloat and Miss Kitty. And speaking of groups of six I would like to see at least a half dozen good old fashioned whatnots. Base one or two on the old classic ones or have six all new designs. Even with minor characters such as Droop and Mildred coming back I miss the extended scope of having a dozen or so puppets who can be changed - gender, age, species, costumed differently, facial features changed, and switched amongst the performers. Plus if The Muppets make more videos (for youtube or Disney plus) having these puppets available could be an advantage. Flowers on the Wall worked great as a showcase for Bunsen and Beaker. But sometimes it would be better to have a whatnot perform - such a Time in a Bottle or the frackles/monsters performing Comedy Tonight.

From reading this post it looks like a lot of people would like to see some full body Muppets come back. Hey, Doglion is back. And other popular choices are characters I have limited familiarity with: Johnny and Sal, Bean and Skeeter. I think Skeeter would make a lot of fans happy. I don't know if she is a character owned by Disney and I am not sure how she would fit exactly in the new family dynamics they are using for Scooter. I know Bean only from Christmas Carol. Would he and Walter cancel each other out? Or would they be a good pair? I know the dynamic of Johnny and Sal, but have not seen them in action. Many people say Sal needs Brian Henson. Is there another performer who could take over? Could Johnny be paired with a different side kick?

And finally The Avocado Critic. I hope his return would be just as funny and make as much sense as his one time only appearance did.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The Sal problem is Bill won't perform Johnny to anyone else's Sal.

Mary Louise

Reaction score
Hilda the wardrobe lady. She was one of my favs from that first season
Hilda would be a good character to return. In the various plays I have worked on the costume/wardrobe person is always a trusted confidant. They work with all the artists, so she could share a scene with almost any character. She is eccentric but a little more level headed than most Muppets. It also would be another female character to add to the group.
I agree. I loved Hilda's eccentricities, like the time she put on a wig, makeup, and a girdle in an effort to look younger. She was one of my favorite first-season characters.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
In terms of Sesame Street, I would bring back:

Herbert Birdsfoot
Harvey Kneeslapper
Lefty
Don Music (minus his head-banging routine)
Kermit the Frog

Considering there are no standalone Muppet segments anymore (with the exception of Elmo's World, Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck, and one with Abby Cadaby - Flying Fairy School, maybe?), the only way those lost characters would be seen again would be in a street scene.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
I want Kermit back. As we all know, he was fired in 2017 and secretly replaced with Constantine, though of course us Muppet fans can tell because "Kermit" sounds nothing like himself in Muppets Now and The Haunted Mansion. So bring back the real Kermit, please!