IAVMMCM - Thoughts?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have to admit that when I first came to this movie I had grave, grave doubts. A female God? A replacement for Frank? Master Yoda Cameo? Whoppie-oh-my-gosh-Goldburg? Scooter cage-dancing with black finger-nails? Howard Pig? A long Piggy and Kermit kiss? My my.

It was with much trepadition and fear that I ordered the DVD and put it into the DVD player when it arrived...and then I was amazed. Wow. This movie was really good, the best thing they had made since MTI. Whoppie was at the same time respecful and irreverent, called The Boss, not God. Howard Pig was funny. Caged Scooter was sad. Eric Jacobson was seamless. Yoda was hilarious. And the kiss was delightfull.

Originally, the premise of the film, with the alternate universe, frightened me with it's cheesyness. But they played it in a classy fashion and it worked well. I have come to love the dark universe, and am fasinated with its references (such as the Bacon Ad on piggy's fridge, and the Beauty Pagent pic on her counter). Overall, I love this movie. it's one of their best.

Who couldn't like a movie set at the Muppet Theatre???

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wasn't crazy about Whoopi being in the movie at first. Not because of a female God, I don't mind that. Just the fact that this big celeb might upstage everyone else. But she ended up being very entertaining. :smile:

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I did enjoy this movie very much. I loved that it was set in the old Muppet Show theatre. It was the best Muppet production since Jim passed away, IMO.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm inclined to think that Miss Bitterman is the greatest villian in Muppet history. She's heartless and villionious, yet "sexy, h'okey" in a somewhat repulsive way. Her response to Fozzie's desperate plea was the most heartless moment I've seen a Muppet villian ever bring to screen.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I'm inclined to think that Miss Bitterman is the greatest villian in Muppet history. She's heartless and villionious, yet "sexy, h'okey" in a somewhat repulsive way. Her response to Fozzie's desperate plea was the most heartless moment I've seen a Muppet villian ever bring to screen.
I totally agree Beau. I really love the beginning of the movie with the Christmas party at the backstage, really wonderful, it almost feels like I am watching an extended episode of "The Muppet Show."

But yea, Bitterman was deffinantley evil, and she is what I call in nicer terms, a "female dog." But of course, Rowlf might like them... :sympathy: :embarrassed:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ms Bitterman is so awesome! She plays a similar but much more likeable character in School of Rock.
One thing that I love about this movie is how you get to see the whole theatre in 3d, something that never happened on TMS. It just made everything that much more real.
Also I like how there are little lines that you notice here and there that make you smile, like Scooter talking (I think it was to the dancing girls), "You know, my uncle used to own this theatre..." :smile:
In one of the cut scenes, also, they explain how they inherited the theatre from Scooter's uncle. I thought it was nice that they put it in; it really fits into the muppet world. Too bad that line was cut from the movie.

Also "Everyone Matters" is a really nice muppety song. I wish I had an mp3 of it. I especially like Gonzo on that track.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
There used to be an MP3 of it floating around. I'll check on my home computer this weekend and see if it still exists! Send me an PM to remind me, though. I'm forgetful :O

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Sarah said:
There used to be an MP3 of it floating around. I'll check on my home computer this weekend and see if it still exists! Send me an PM to remind me, though. I'm forgetful :O
Sure, sounds great! I won't be able to come on this weekend so I'll ask you next week about it if you've found it. :big_grin: Yay, exciting! Thank you!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
No problem. I'm in love with the song as well! Scarecroe had them on his site, but I believe his site is no more.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
i think it wasn't great, but it was definitely good, it was a big step in the right direction, i especially liked

the return of the muppet theatre and the balcony for statler and waldorf

hearing speaking roles from Scooter and Janice (and somewhat Rowlf)

showing characters we haven't seen in a while (Beau, Pops)

the muppets were acting as themselves, which is what i think they do best at

I'm hoping that we'll see another production one day that has the EM in a bigger role, with all of them having speaking parts, instead of just sticking them in the background playing music.