I Need a Place to Escape Pottermania

theprawncracker

Reaction score
By far the best book yet... finished it around 2:30 this morning... I'm tired, but so happy with the restults...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Sarah B. Got an audio CD copy instead of the cassette version, will probably have to get it later to complete my collection. Or not... Probably don't know as there's some great Muppet DVD's coming this fall.
Finished the first disc set, at the point where the trio's spending the night at the spooky deserted 12 Grimald Place.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
It took me a few days but I am done too! Finished yesterday afternoon. :smile: I managed to avoid all spoilers except for the obvious things that JK herself has said would be in there. I absolutely love the ending, it's great.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Current status:
Chapter23: Malthoi Manor.
Disc 11.
Breaking for lunch.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Haha yeah I read it all in one night *blush* It took me 9 hours, which is pretty good I think :smile:

I absolutely LOVED IT! LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!

...except for the Epilogue, which I detest and could have done without. But more on that when everyone's finished... *twiddles thumbs and looks at the Count* just kidding :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... It's not like I'm not trying.
Haven't been staying up all night reading this thing...

*Shifty eyes. Actually, it was great, reminded me of when my friend and I would stay up all night, one whole day awake, playing the Mega Man games into the wee hours of dawn.

But gotta get back to the second half of the book now. *Disapparates with a thundercloud effect.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I was holding my breath around chapters 34-35, and didn't realize it.

I personally liked the epilogue; it was a nice way to tie it up.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aargh! Need help from those who've read it already.
Gotten up to where the trio infiltrates Hogwarts...

But what are the chapter titles for Chapters 2, 24, and 29?
Thanks.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Okay, titles are as follows, and I hope I'm really not spilling anything by saying so:

2: In Memoriam
24: The Wandmaker
29: The Lost Diadem

I approved of J.K. Rowling's choice of quotes to open the book - one from Aeschylus and another from William Penn. Very interesting, and quite apt.

Rose

Reaction score
I was into Potter in 01 to 04 but I lost interest in 05 when I started reading paranormal novels. I still enjoy Harry Potter just not obsessed anymore by him. So if anyone was the show me a spoiler I wouldn't care. If I find out something that may happen in a story it just makes me more excited to read more about it.