I Need a Place to Escape Pottermania

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Is anyone else here a mega Potter-phile? I'm freaking out. I need a place I can go and NOT have to dodge Deathly Hallows spoilers. I feel like I should crawl into a hole until Friday night at midnight. And now the New York Times has gotten a copy and reviewed it. And spoils stuff. But I REFUSE to read even that! I mean, CMON! Is there NO SUCH THING as journalistic integrity anymore?

Apparently not, folks. Apparently not.

Anyone else share my burden? NO SPOILERS.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I share your burden! TWO people I know have offered me the manuscript that was leaked. My reaction was, "NO, stay far, FAR AWAY! Don't tell me anything!" I have my own theories about who dies and what happens to everyone, but I haven't been reading Potter sites and stuff because I know that if I read something by accdent, I would flip out!

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Mugglenet and The Leaky Cauldron have been really good, really spoiler-free, but you find spoilers in the most unlikely of places. Some jerk on facebook was writing spoilers on the walls of everyone he could who had HP in their profiles! Luckily only my friends can write on my wall and my friends wouldn't do something like that--or we'd soon cease to be friends :wink:

I'm so excited and anxious about the book but I have no outlet for that because it's all getting ruined by the spoiler people! I mean with HBP

SPOILER FOR BOOK SIX

I found out early that Dumbledore died just because it was so widely broadcast and I was really upset--although the big shock in book six wasn't that Dumbledore died but who killed him!

END OF SPOILER FOR BOOK SIX

But yeah. I won't let that happen for the FINAL. BOOK. EVER. I've been reading these since like 1999. I've come too far.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
We all do. That's kinda what she just said; there's no mystery in that!

And yes, I know what you mean, although I didn't know spoilers were that common! And it shouldn't come as any surprise, but I didn't think there would have been spoilers for book 6; I just thaught they were big for book 7 because it was the last and most intense one.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I lost interest at about the halfway point of book 4

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*cough* Um, I never actually got into Potter in the first place. I've never seen any of the movies, haven't read more than about five chapters of the first book. *waits for the angry mob to come and lynch her*

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
The books really start getting good at Book 3, IMO. At least, that's where I fell in love with them. I read the first two because everyone else was telling me how good they were, but the first two really are children's books. After the third one though... siiiigh... They're amazing from that point on, IMO.

In less than 36 hours I'll own my own copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! AHHHH!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahem... Please try to keep this conversation, as all conversations on the forum free of blatent and/or outright negativity out of respect for the topic and the person who started the thread.

That aside... Usually, I read through movie spoilers cause it helps me understan what's going to happen should I go see the movie given my sight issues. But I'm staying the heck away from DH spoilers. Got the first three as sort of gifts, read them through and fell in love with them from the beginning about a few years ago when I first got them. Loved the narration and all the characters, from the stars to the mundane extra students. Looking forward to picking up an audio version of Book 7 to complete the collection... But I'll also try to access the webcast of J.K.'s reading on Friday night.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Spoilers are becoming increasingly more common, especially with the Internet. I feel like my need for spoilers slightly ruined my enjoyment of Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, hehe. So when Return of the King was coming, I hid myself away from all spoilers for months! No clips, no articles, no previews, I even turned the TV on Mute when commericals came on (my friends thought I was crazy!) But I ended up enjoy Return of the King much more. :smile:

Btw, I'm more of a movies person, but I do respect the books, they're excellent for kids and adults. (I've read up to book 4 so far).