I just bought follow that Bird!

BEAR

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
By the way, the way telly sounded in this movie was old. He sounds alot different now!

He doesn't sound that much different. Martin Robinson just developed his character more in later years. Telly became a little more excentric and less worrisome all the time. I think Follow That Bird was also before they gave Telly triangles and pogosticks to be obsessed with. Since then he has been a little more excitable. He is still a worrywart, but in a more neurotic the world may come to an end kind of way. Sort of a hyper version of Boober Fraggle if you will.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I dunno, but why would you want to rerecord all of your lines again. To me it would throw everything off. The way he records it the second time would be so different that it might not fit in with how other characters related to him the first time. Don't touch something that doesn't need to be touched in my opinion.
Yeah, I was just assuming that since Marty dubbed over Brian's Telly in "Big Bird in China." I thought he might have dubbed over the original Marty Telly to make him sound more like we know him today.

He doesn't sound that much different. Martin Robinson just developed his character more in later years.
So you're saying that it's more of his personality that's different rather than his voice? I guess that is a good way of looking at it. I guess he just sounded different when he worried more. It's just a matter of his dialect.

I watched "20 and Still Counting" today. Although that's from quite a few years ago, Telly he didn't sound too different in that then he does now. Maybe I should rent FTB when I get a chance. I'd really like to hear a 1985 Telly voice again.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah, I was just assuming that since Marty dubbed over Brian's Telly in "Big Bird in China." I thought he might have dubbed over the original Marty Telly to make him sound more like we know him today.

So you're saying that it's more of his personality that's different rather than his voice? I guess that is a good way of looking at it. I guess he just sounded different when he worried more. It's just a matter of his dialect.

I watched "20 and Still Counting" today. Although that's from quite a few years ago, Telly he didn't sound too different in that then he does now. Maybe I should rent FTB when I get a chance. I'd really like to hear a 1985 Telly voice again.

Yeah, I mean his voice is probably a bit different but mostly due to his personality growing. In FTB, he is a bit more mellow and mopey than he is now.