I just bought follow that Bird!

BEAR

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
It was Martin.

Change of subject-why is Kermit credited before Ernie when it says who Jim plays? Kermit was only in a 2 minute 15 second scene and Ernie was all over this movie.
Sorry to criticize, but does that really bother you that much? I really don't think there was any real reason behind that. Actually, I have to admit that I sort of wondered a similar thing regarding Frank Oz's characters. I suppose all three of them are fairly equal in size through out. Bert did get his own song with Ernie though. Aside from that, something tells me that Cookie Monster had a somewhat larger role in the film than the others. Maybe because he was with Gordon and Olivia his presence felt stronger but I don't know. Its definitely not listed alphabetical.

Also, your question about Jerry Nelson's credit has been discussed quite a bit recently and none of us really have an answer for it. I agree with you that he should have been credited with Jim, Frank and Carroll. Marty Robinson should have the same curteousy. Here is how I probably would have done it.

Starring...
CARROLL SPINNEY as Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch
JIM HENSON as Ernie and Kermit the Frog
FRANK OZ as Bert, Cookie Monster and Grover
JERRY NELSON as The Count Von Count
MARTIN P. ROBINSON as Telly and Mr. Snuffleupagus
and
????????? as Miss Finch

followed by the human cast listed alphabetically like usual...
LINDA BOVE as Linda
EMILIO DELGADO as Luis
LORETTA LONG as Susan
SONIA MANZANO as Maria
BOB MCGRATH as Bob
ROSCOE ORMAN as Gordon
ALAINA REED as Olivia
KERMIT LOVE as Willy (obviously he was creditted last on the list because he was technically a bit/walk on and did almost nothing:stick_out_tongue: )

However, if I were creditting the humans non-alphabetically, it would go something like this...
ROSCOE ORMAN as Gordon (possibly switch with Maria)
ALAINA REED as Olivia
SONIA MANZANO as Maria (possibly switch with Gordon)
LINDA BOVE as Linda
BOB MCGRATH as Bob
LORETTA LONG as Susan
EMILIO DELGADO as Luis
KERMIT LOVE as Willy

Then I would list all the celebrity co-stars alphabetically.
Then list all extra Muppeteers with special credit to the Dodos.
Then rest of human cast.

Wow! How OC is that I just did!:zany:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Starring...
CARROLL SPINNEY as Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch
JIM HENSON as Ernie and Kermit the Frog
FRANK OZ as Bert, Cookie Monster and Grover
JERRY NELSON as The Count Von Count
MARTIN P. ROBINSON as Telly and Mr. Snuffleupagus
and
????????? as Miss Finch
Sally Kellerman was the voice of Miss Finch. I think Patrisha Leeper was the performer, but I can't remember.

Also, regarding the celebrity co-stars in alhabetical order, I think that Dave Thomas (Sam Sleaze) and Joe Flaherty (Sid Sleaze) should have been credited before all of the celebrity cameos.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Also, regarding the celebrity co-stars in alhabetical order, I think that Dave Thomas (Sam Sleaze) and Joe Flaherty (Sid Sleaze) should have been credited before all of the celebrity cameos.

Probably. Same with Waylon Jennings due to his song.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
It was Martin.
I know it was Martin, but I was wondering if the DVD version used his early Telly voice or the later Telly voice. If it's the early voice I'd like to see it some time soon to get an idea of how Telly used to sound.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I know it was Martin, but I was wondering if the DVD version used his early Telly voice or the later Telly voice. If it's the early voice I'd like to see it some time soon to get an idea of how Telly used to sound.

I dunno, but why would you want to rerecord all of your lines again. To me it would throw everything off. The way he records it the second time would be so different that it might not fit in with how other characters related to him the first time. Don't touch something that doesn't need to be touched in my opinion.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Also brother and sister Sherry and Jeff Weiser (I think I spelled their last name correctly) played the Dodo kids. I was told that it's rare for a mom to have two children and have them both come out midgets, (little people.)

Sherry, I last saw on the TV show "Regis and Kathy Lee", she was on there promoting the Radio City Christmas Show dressed as Santa's elf and annouced to Regis her pending marriage.

golden teeth

Reaction score
6.99 was a good price.

My favorite quote

The Count: (counting the ending credits) ....associate producer....I guess someone has to associate with the producer, hah I love it!

By the way, the way telly sounded in this movie was old. He sounds alot different now!