I don't understand it...

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I was sitting here at my computer, listening to my Sesame Street cd's, then for so apparent reason I became very sad and eventually cried a little. My fiancee says it's because I got nostalgic, but I tell you, I've been nostalgic before, and it was never like this. I was really caught off guard. I guess that's just the power of Sesame Street, and the power of the Muppets. I don't know what secret magic Jim posessed, but it stirs me still without the slightest provocation, without Jim even being here to wave his magic wand....

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*Gives Jay a soft hug* I think all of us have had that happen before. Just something...subconsiously speaks to us.

Happiness, the loving care, it all just speaks to us, but sometimes...it just touches our soul like nothing else.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
There is just something in the words to those Joe Raposo and Jeff Moss songs that gets to you on a personal level and it comes into you and touches you and you can just feel what the words of those songs are saying.

It's really one of the most touching feelings.

puppetise

Reaction score
well it always happens to me when i hear saying goodye and one person

superfan

Reaction score
For some reason "Imagination" by Ernie makes me choke up.
Completely understandable.

BEAR

Reaction score
superfan said:
For some reason "Imagination" by Ernie makes me choke up.
Completely understandable.

Me too.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, I know what you mean, Amy and Ilikemuppets. A couple of the songs that move me from Sesame Street are "Things That I Remember," and, strangely enough, "Go Ahead and Touch," but I don't think that's what J. meant. It's happened to me on occasion, although not necessarily with the muppets. Sometimes it's nothing more than my own thaughts that can get me misty. I think it is not anything tangible, like a particular song, or even person. I believe it is something inside your soul, (as weird as it may sound), that is too deep to even see what it is. Maybe it is a sort of extra-strong nostalgia; a longing to return back to childhood, or simpler times. Sometimes I feel that way, and sometimes it is the understanding, especially with the muppets, of the meanings and messages of the songs, or just the pure love and sweetness in them.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
A lot of those types of Sesame Street songs choke me up.It might be the mood of the song,who knows.Could be different reasons why.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
The strange thing was, I was listening to the Stevie Wonder Sesame Street song, where he uses the cool voice synthesizer, and I was really rocking out to it, like I was really feeling the "coolness" of it, then I felt the sensation like I was going to cry. A big rush of emotion. Then, like a dummy, I put on "Somebody Come and Play", and it was all over. "Imagination" by Ernie followed, since by that point I knew I was doomed to tears anyway. I don't know. Maybe it's a combination of personal stress in my life and the unavoidable loss of a childhood that I'm trying in vain to hang onto (and by society's standards, I should have shook free my childhood strings fourteen years ago). But hearing those songs just shook me.