"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, your birthday has a release date, but do YOU have a release date? Didn't I hear you were serving time for being an accessory to Bob Blob burning down a school, the DMV, and a private home?

zns

Reaction score
In a letter, Caroll mentioned to me that the documentary was set for a September release. That's all I know. Though I suppose the date could easily change.
Let's hope that's true. But then again, we should be getting an exact release date in a month or so.

zns

Reaction score
Copper Pot has just updated their private production blog saying that they are in the editing phase of the film now. Also, they told me in an email a while back that they should have the official release date by August, so that gives us something to look forward to. I am really on the edge of my seat to see this. Thank heavens I reserved my DVD copy from the Kickstarter campaign.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was wondering if we were going to receive anymore updates about the film, it seemed like things had quieted down a bit, so it's nice to know that they're practically finishing it up.

My only concern at this point is the release of it; I believe Copper Pot said they were shooting for a theatrical release, however, I can't remember if they said it would be a limited release or not, and if so, I doubt it'll be in any of the theaters in my town.

zns

Reaction score
I think they mentioned something on the blog about a public release to many other theaters rather than just select theaters. Of course could be wrong. If you've subscribed to the Kickstarter campaign, they mention something about it in their new post.

zns

Reaction score
According to a recent Twitter post and MuppetWiki, the film is going to be finished by the fall of 2013 and will see it's release in theaters around 2014. I guess that's okay, but I wonder what will happen to us fans who helped with the Kickstarter campaign. Will we still see our DVD's and Blue-Ray's of the film this December?

Bridget

Reaction score
I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for this release. I'm hoping that I'll be able to see some interesting behind-the-scenes footage of Caroll. He is truly a committed performer.

zns

Reaction score
I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for this release. I'm hoping that I'll be able to see some interesting behind-the-scenes footage of Caroll. He is truly a committed performer.
And how !!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, I cannot wait that long! Like I said before, I'm RULLY hoping this film will see a wide release in theaters, I RULLY would like to be able to enjoy the experience of seeing this in theaters; BEING ELMO had a really limited release, and was never in a theater in my town, but I did finally enjoy getting to see it on PBS, it was really inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.