Hurricane episodes to air September 12-16

BEAR

Reaction score
Can't wait to see these episodes finally (outside of the dvd that i just purchased). I am programming my Tivo now!!! :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
WHAT IS " GLOBEL GROVER" i have not seen this

Basically, Grover introduces films about kids in other countries, sometimes commenting on what they are doing. He then closes by doing whatever the kids in the film did, but with disasterous results.

I had a feeling they'd air this after that holocaustic disaster in the Gulf... I really applaud what they are doing. Almost makes me wish they've released the "Friends to the Rescue" DVD later than they did, so the profits could go to some relief fund....

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I didn't realize they were allowed to air episodes with Kermit in them anymore, that's pretty cool. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I didn't realize they were allowed to air episodes with Kermit in them anymore, that's pretty cool. :smile:

They have permission to use old Kermit clips.

salemfan

Reaction score
From what I read on this forum, Sesame Workshop can still use existing Kermit clips, but would have to pay money to get new ones.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
If that's the case though, why don't they use old Kermit clips anymore? All they need is to acknowledge that they had permission from Henson productions to use him. After all, Kermit is shown on Plaza Sesamo on a regular basis.

Splurge

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
If that's the case though, why don't they use old Kermit clips anymore? All they need is to acknowledge that they had permission from Henson productions to use him. After all, Kermit is shown on Plaza Sesamo on a regular basis.
Who knows?

But if/until that happens, there's a heck of a lot of existing Kermit material on existing VHSs and DVDs put out in the past two decades, particularly in those that came out as far back as 1986.

BEAR

Reaction score
I am excited about the reruns of the Hurricane series, especially since I bought the Friends to the Rescue DVD, but now I can see the full episodes without edits.

The first of the series aired today and it was great! I got to see everything that was not on the DVD, including Bob and Gordon convincing Oscar to come inside, and the bedroom scene with Big Bird, Gordon and Susan. This latter scene was so funny. Big Bird comes in Gordon and Susan's bedroom because he is scared of the wind. Big Bird says he wants to sleep in Gordon and Susan's bed. Susan, being so motherly as she is, without skipping a beat says "Okay". Gordon of course gets knocked off the bed and crankily sleeps on the floor very uncomfortably. It was so funny. And then to see Susan patting Gordon's bald head.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It gets better BEAR, trust me. This is Kermit's last street-scene.

Rosewood

Reaction score
My stations let me down!

I couldn't believe it today. My kids and I were just sitting down to watch the first "Hurricane" episode, and what comes on? A re-run of Baby Bear getting hit in the nose with a ball! And the station contents list even had the "Hurricane" episode down as what they were going to show! Needless to say I was a little ticked off! I e-mailed the head of the local station to get an explanation, but still have yet to hear anything back. Did anyone else have this "inconvenience" today? :boo: