Hurricane episodes to air September 12-16

alizakaila

Reaction score
Monday Sep 12

A hurricane is coming and Sesame Street prepares for the storm. Kermit and Al Roker report on the weather. The adults promise that everything will be OK because everyone will be inside together.

Tuesday Sep 13

Big Bird's nest was blown away by the hurricane. Gordon, Luis and Maria assure him that everyone will help him fix his home. Everyone offers Big Bird a place to stay until his nest is rebuilt. Big Bird realizes that he has many good friends.

Wednesday Sep 14

Big Bird remembers the day the hurricane hit Sesame Street. He remembers the wind and the rain. When Telly feels wind, he worries that another hurricane is coming. Gina assures him that wind does not always signal a hurricane.

Thursday Sep 15

Everyone on Sesame Street works to clean up after the hurricane. Big Bird begins to rebuild his nest with the help of his friends and a call to Granny Bird.

Friday Sep 16

Big Bird and his friends are still rebuilding his nest. They wonder how they'll know when it is finished. Big Bird calls Granny Bird, who says it will be done when they add “the final twig.” While building, the group sings about the “final twig.”

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have all these episodes on tape when they first aired in 2001. They also did this last year when Charley came through.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
WILW wheres that WNJN is the Statewide PBS Station in NJ 23,52,56

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
One thing I'm wondering about the airing of these episodes. Does this mean they'll air the new episodes later than expected or will they still start on Tuesday the 6th and air the hurricane eps after that week?

Any info on this will be appreciated.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
WILW wheres that WNJN is the Statewide PBS Station in NJ 23,52,56
WLIW is on Long Island in New York.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
A question about the hurricane episodes

I am very excited about the Hurricane episodes that will be airing next week. I have never seen them before because like I mentioned in an earlier thread Iv'e only been watching Sesame Street once in a while since 1994. But I do know that this was back before the new format started since these are from 2001, and the new format began in 2002. I know before the new format they still would air old classic clips because back then they had the room for them they don't have now because of things Journey to Ernie and Global Grover. I am wondering if someone could please tell me what classic clips will be in these upcoming episodes. Could you please give me a list of all of them if it's not too much to ask? It's gonna be great seeing some classic clips on PBS again for the first time in 3 years.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
To tell the truth, I didn't catch too many classic clips when I last saw the hurricane episodes. That was probably around the time they got rid of Monsterpiece Theater, Grover the Waiter, Ask Oscar and other classic segments and put Elmo's World on instead.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I had a friend tape the Hurricane shows. I think there was more than one show.

I do hope they run them again simply because of the recent devastation. Working in an insurance office this is all horrible situations people are in, and I'm hearing stories first hand. It's bad bad bad. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There WAS more than one show...

1. The hurricane is on it's way. The residents prepare by taping windows, and bringing in anything that can get blown away. The grown ups, help make the muppets feel safe and sound. Big Bird spends the night with Gordon, Susan, and Miles. Special guest appearances by: Kermit the Frog and Al Roker.

2. The hurricane is over. Everyone helps clean up. Big Bird is devestated when he discovers that his nest area has been destroyed: his nest is blown away, and his doors have been knocked down. Everyone pitches in the help Big Bird get his nest back together, while at the same time, help him, and tell him that everything will be okay.

3. Big Bird feels angry, sad, and happy all at the same time. Angry because of the hurricane, sad because he still has no home, but happy that he has a home with his grown up friends. His spends the night with Maria, Luis and Gabi, and has fond reminisces(sp?) about all the great times he's had in his nest.

4. Luis and Maria finish posting Big Bird's doors back up, and moving his furniture back to where it was. Big Bird then realizes that no one knows HOW to build a nest. He tries to think of ways, including resorting to pig architects. He finally calls Granny Bird who tells him to "get twigs, and the nest will come". After awhile, Big Bird's bird instincts kick in, and the new nest is underway.

5. Big Bird and his friends finish his new nest, but The Big Bad Wolf officially closes it due to the fact that it's too wet for Big Bird to live in. Snuffy volunteers to quick-blow-dry it. He does, and The Big Bad Wolf comes back to inspect it to find that it's safe for Big Bird, and safe from hurricanes. Big Bird then sings a song about how much he appreciates his friends, and for the help they were.