How to start making puppets?

Jess

Reaction score
I have been on their web site but I haven't purchased any of their patterns. I just watched videos online and paused them when they showed the picture of the pattern , then hand drew them onto paper. It's been ...... Lol well intresting

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I have been buying (3/32") piano wire from a local hobby shop, but I've also discovered that Ace Hardware carries it too.
I know you posted this w hile ago but I've been trying to do stuff with 3/32 wire and was just wondering, how on earth do you bend that stuff?

Edradour

Reaction score

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Cool thanks. Glad to see that it won't cost me an arm and a leg if I get it. It looks like a good investment.

spiderface

Reaction score
Does anybody have suggestions about getting a sewing machine? I found one on amazon for 77 bucks that looks like it would be adequate. I went around to some thrift stores and they were all broken.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Does anybody have suggestions about getting a sewing machine? I found one on amazon for 77 bucks that looks like it would be adequate. I went around to some thrift stores and they were all broken.
For beginning stuff all I've need is one with some basic stiches on it, nothing really fancy. I would just be sure to check reviews and quality and stuff like that.

Animal31

Reaction score
Try Walmart or Kmart, they have a ton of them....

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
The best advice I can give for a sewing machine is get one that is ALL METAL. They're heavy as but the plastic modern machines tend to be not much good for anything beyond basic garment construction. I'm currently on the lookout for a used industrial machine, as I find that there are issues with swapping feet/needles and reliability that are encountered when working with heavy fabrics; carpet or fur, that tend to be prominent with newer cheaper machines. Stick to trusted brand names if you want your machine to last longer than 6 months, and look for a machine with a warranty.