How to start making puppets?

Chuk

Reaction score
Hey I'm new here. I don't know if every knows this show cousin Skeeter. But I'm trying to make a puppet similar to him. Any help

Diego Fiorucci

Reaction score
I have a question. Do you think it's necessary to cover the inside with some cloth?

Diego Fiorucci

Reaction score
Hey I'm new here. I don't know if every knows this show cousin Skeeter. But I'm trying to make a puppet similar to him. Any help
Hi Chuck.
Excuse me because my natural language is Spanish, not English.
I'm new on this but I understand he's not made with the usual patterns. He has been sculpted, they took a cast and made him with latex foam. Later he has been flocked.
That's what has been used since some seassons for Miss Piggy, Statler and Waldorf, the Swedish Chef. And it's the same they use for the Julie Andrews' new show characters.

MooglySue

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here, but was directed this way by a friend of a friend.

I notice this is a pretty old thread with a lot of outdated links. Does anyone have anything they could link me up to for a beginner guide to puppetry? I'm pretty skilled at sewing, but I'd love to make a puppet of my own. Any links and starting points are appreciated.

Many thanks
Sue

groverandgrapes

Reaction score
Hi Charly, welcome to the forum.

I've written two articles that may be helpful as a starting point, a guide to puppet building resources that includes lots of information on puppet building books, kits, videos and links to web sites with lots of information.

I've also written a tutorial on foam puppet construction (the way I do it anyway) called The Tumbles P. Bear Project.

I hope that is helpful.
Yeah welcome to the forum, I love your profile pic!