How to get to Sesame Street and other information!

BEAR

Reaction score
BEAR said:
FRAZZLE:

Frazzle first appeared on Sesame Street in 1971 (season 3). It was in a Guy Smiley game show sketch called "Beat the Time." Apparently, unlike other Muppet monsters, Frazzle was meant to be scary, which led to less frequent appearances in the spotlight between the 80s and 90s because of his
Frazzle had his own language that sounded like some strange monster gibberish that he was known for. It wasn't until a sketch in 1993 that we hear him speak as he tries to check into the Furry Arms Hotel.

hope this helps.
Also forgot to mention that it was Jerry Nelson who first performed Frazzle from 1971-1983. Martin Robinson has since performed him.

BEAR

Reaction score
BEAR said:
HOOTS THE OWL:
Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot of documented/recorded information about him. The owl that you saw in Follow That Bird certainly looked a lot like Hoots, but it was a different character. The character of Hoots the Sax player did not arrive until much later.
Also, Kevin Clash started performing Hoots in 1985.

BEAR

Reaction score
Larcen Tyler said:
BEAR, so you don't have any information on the skit I asked about?
Nothing, Larcen, I'm sorry. Do you approximately know when it aired?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Also forgot to mention that it was Jerry Nelson who first performed Frazzle from 1971-1983. Martin Robinson has since performed him.
Thanks Bear! I've been curious for a long time now! I know I've got other questions, I'll try and formulate them and throw them in this thread, it's kind of fun!

BEAR

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
Thanks Bear! I've been curious for a long time now! I know I've got other questions, I'll try and formulate them and throw them in this thread, it's kind of fun!

It is fun. I love doing the research and history. There may even be something I have to ask.

Rattus P Rattus

Reaction score
is there a way to tell the differences of Frank Oz' Cookie Monster, Grover and Bert from David Rudman's Cookie Monster and Eric Jacobson's Grover and Bert?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Actually, Jerry's played Frazzle from 1971 to 2001. The "Furry Arms" appearance was the only time I've heard Marty as Frazzle. (He's also been played by Frank Oz once in 1974, for the "Dialing for Prizes Movie" game show.)