how did u get into the muppets??

Kaiser Gonzo

Reaction score
i wonder if i could here your stories, of how you got into the muppets.
I myself was born nine years after the last season so the show is'nt my era, but as a kid i grew up with a daddy muppet fan and a mummy muppet fan, and i never played with my toys but with my dads old fisher price muppet dolls and mums old bendy Miss Piggy in Karate suit (HA!)
i never saw a MUPPET SHOW episode till i was about 4, my uncle Tony came to stop with us, he lives in Ireland, and he brought me a present, it was the video of The Muppets Go To The Movies, and i loved it, wowow, me and my dad could'nt stop watching it, and then my grandad started taping The Muppet show of nickolodeon for me. I think on the whole what really got me into the muppets was sesame street, and i think that may be true with a ot of other people:halo: :concern:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Mmm...tough. Still don't remember quite how I did...I started by watching those sing a long muppet videos every night when I was 4 or 5...then I kind of got out of it, but I got back into it in 5th grade when my mom brought those three episode discs. My first was the Harry Belafonte one and then John Cleese....and then in middle school I accidentally found an old copy of "Jim henson: the works" on this shelf in the attic...then I got more obsessed...then in 8th grade I got around to buying Muppets and Men and then I became all the way obsessed. The end. :big_grin:

I never saw Muppets go to the movies. What's it like?

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I grew up watching Sesame Street and the Muppet Show(and later on Fraggle Rock), so I never really thought about how I got into them. I just did, I guess. It's interesting to think would I have gotten into them had I been born later. I'd like to think I would, but I can't be sure.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dont know exactly, but I did whatch the reruns when I was younger and they were still on tv. But growing up with a dad who loves the muppets, and is planning on buying all the seasons if they come out, does rub off on you :smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
my grandfather was into the muppet show and he told my parants what a great show it was (lords rest his soul) so they sat with me as a kid and watched it with me every time it was on they loved it as much as i did! of course my mom watched sesame street with me to! we have allot of great memories and my mom will mention things like mahna mahna or hugga wugga without me even bringing up the muppets same with my little sister we're just one big happy muppet family!
-Vaughn Michael:big_grin: :excited:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the weird thing is, as much as my dad and I love the muppets, my mom hates them.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Well in the case of SS I just always remembered watching it. as for TMS I think 1 of my parents discovered it. Even though it was syndicated out local CBS affiliate here in the Chicago area cariied it Saturday Night at 6:30 before they would go into their prime time programming. For some reason I found it suprising to see Kermit on there since I was so use to see him on SS. Don't know what was so suprising about it you think odd things when you're young.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
My mother had a good head on her shoulders and raised me on Fraggle Rock. As a young adult I remembered my upbringing on the show (and I remember how happy the memories were watching with my mother) and I decided to rediscover that world. That brought me here to MC, and from there I got into obsessive fandom.

Jon

Reaction score
I remember the first episode to air in the UK(Jim Nabors) was quite heavilly promoted on ITV up untill it was shown. I loved the abstract colourfull characters and the anarchy of it all. It left quite an impression being rather distinct,unique, even.
The second episode to air was Sandy Duncan which introduced me to Crazy Harry. I also got my first good look at Gonzo singing "nobody". By the end of this episode i was hooked!!!
This was the autumn of 1976 by the way.

Marky

Reaction score
I was born in 1973, and we had cable in the late 70s.
Do the math!