how did u get into the muppets??

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I was born when Nickelodeon was showing TMS reruns. I was especially hooked by the Milton Berle opening Number "Ugly" when Big Mamma appeared. So, my mom bought and bought and bought and bought VHS's, Books, etc. Then, I was at a stage where "muppets were for babies." Then in 2001 I looked on here and saw the TMS action figures, and it re-ran from there.

Frogster

Reaction score
My fascination started with the Playhouse Muppet video, "The Kermit & Piggy Story." Of course, I watched Sesame Street like most people, but it was this video that got me really hooked. I basically got the fast-fowarded edition to Kermit and Piggy's relationship on TMS by seeing this. Also by seeing this, I was introduced to the kind-hearted Fozzie, the agreeable Scooter, the hipness of Floyd, the dim-whittedness of Link, the weirdness of Gonzo, the suaveness of Rowlf, and the zaniness of Lew Zealand. After that, everyone else just fell into place.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
when i was in the hospital after i was born, my sister, who was 3 at the time, colored a picture of animal from muppet babies and put it in my crib, and the obsession began

pepestarr

Reaction score
I can't remember really. My sister watched Sesame Street but the first mvoie I saw was Muppets from Space so I suppose only five years ago.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, my interest in Muppets was pretty recent. I was afraid to watch the show as a kid mainly because of :halo: . But I watched their movies and TV specials. By the time "Muppet's Tonight" came on, I watched that one regularly. But I think what really got me into 'The Muppet Show' was when the Timelife collection came out so I was able to see what I missed as a kid.

superboober

Reaction score
It began at age 2 (1984ush), more or less, when I was simultaneously hooked on Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock, back when we had HBO (which meant by extension Emmett Otter was a yearly holiday tradition). From there it segued over to the rest of the Muppets, and I've managed to stay with them throughout more or less. And, like Jim, I'm determined not to leave this world until I've left it better for my having been here.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I didn't say the word, but you sure sounded like you were being sarcastic...