How did Richard Hunt get AIDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
I'm just curious, how did Richard Hunt get AIDS? I never heard anything about his death, which is sad, becuase he was a great performer.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well it is a touchy subject that we have talked about it before on here. I think the best way to help you, is direct you to listen to the MuppetCast's Tribute to Richard. His mom really is very open about who Richard was,and what he was about. Richard was a great prefromer and is still truly missed.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
I apoligize for bringing it up like this, I was just curious.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
oh no worries. Most people who are Muppet fans know that Richard had AIDS. They didn't know how he got it. Not that it really matters,but some really wanted to know. I'll give you the show number of the Muppetcast so you can listen. It will help. Here it is! wow it took some finding but I'm glad to do it. See if this helps explain things.

http://muppetcast.com/WordPress/archives/date/2008/01/page/2

muppetfan89

Reaction score
OMG, I just listened to the postcast with Richard's mother, Jane, and I had no idea, Richard was gay, I feel terrible for asking now. I mean that wasn't first thing that came into my mind, becuase not everyone who gets AIDS is gay, I mean look at Magic Johnson.

Now, I got NOTHING at all against that, he was just such an amazing performer and gave me so many memories as a kid, and I just love him, I'm just a little shocked.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
you should probably keep that a little less suttle out of privacy

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Here's my two cents' worth:

Yes, we all know that Richard Hunt had AIDS. However, I don't think he, or his family, would like fans speculating openly on exactly how he got it, especially on an Internet forum.

As you so rightly said, muppetfan89, it doesn't change the fact that he was a brilliant puppeteer and a wonderful human being who is greatly loved and greatly missed, and the world should remember that when it comes to other people who have the disease.

Now I make a vote that we file this under "drop it and leave it alone."

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Here's my two cents' worth:

Yes, we all know that Richard Hunt had AIDS. However, I don't think he, or his family, would like fans speculating openly on exactly how he got it, especially on an Internet forum.

As you so rightly said, muppetfan89, it doesn't change the fact that he was a brilliant puppeteer and a wonderful human being who is greatly loved and greatly missed, and the world should remember that when it comes to other people who have the disease.

Now I make a vote that we file this under "drop it and leave it alone."
I completely agree with you. I wasn't trying to make any kind of speculation or rumors, I was just expressing myself as to, what I had heard in the postcast, that's all.

I sincerley apologize for bring this up, I was just curious as to how he got AIDS.

Case Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.