Hold Me Tight (Fraggle Rock, Red/Mokey)

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
Hey, everybody. Um... alright, yeah. Here I am wasting hours of my precious time writing a Fraggle Rock fanfiction. A shipping Fraggle Rock fanfiction. About Red and Mokey. Yeah...
Well, I've always been a pretty conservative guy and certainly never thought I'd be writing gay Fraggle fanfiction. But there's something about Red and Mokey where I just feel that they really do belong together. Of course I'm aware that these Fraggle and Muppet romance fanfics are very stupid. Honestly I'm not even sure I ship Red and Mokey, I'm just doing this to take a crack at this popular kind of fanfic. So look at this as kind of an experiment. Please enjoy the story while you can before I get so embarrassed at the mindless fluff I'm writing that I nuke this and run away to Paraguay. Here goes.
By the way, most of the story is based on an old Fraggle Rock book from the '80s called "Best Friends", which I think really seemed to tease Red and Mokey as a couple.

CHAPTER ONE (not really sure if this'll be a one-shot or not, so I'll just put this here)

Mokey stood in her cave in Fraggle Rock. She was all alone. Red wasn't here; she was off swimming in the Fraggle Pond again. It was summer, it was getting hot in the Rock, and Red had taken to spending hours every day cooling off inside the pool.
Mokey sat back and leaned against her bed. Her heart was pounding, and her hands felt clammy. She may have been alone now, but in a few minutes, Red would be back. And then it would be time for her to say what she had wanted to say for so long now.
Just then, Mokey heard a noise. Her heart skipped a beat. Red was coming. Now was her chance...
At that moment, Red came bounding into the cave. She was dripping from head to toe, leaving a trail of water in her wake. Mokey watched with delight as the Fraggle leaped into her hammock.
"Boy," said Red, "That water's really refreshing this morning! You should come for a swim with me!"
"Red," said Mokey. Now was her chance. She was finally going to say it. "There's something I need to tell you."
"What is it?" asked Red. "Is something wrong?"
"Red," said Mokey. She was trying not to stammer. "I really like you."
"I like you too, Mokey,"
"You don't understand," said Mokey. "I like you as more than a friend. I mean, when I look at you, I just want to kiss you all over and..."
Suddenly, Red's eyes widened. "Mokey? You mean it? I never thought you felt the same way as I did!"
And then Red ran right over to Mokey, and the two embraced. They both closed their eyes, and found themselves swept up in the sweetest kiss Mokey could have ever imagined. They were both in absolute heaven...

And then Mokey woke up, and found herself staring at the wall of the rock. It had all been a dream. The same dream she had had for weeks and months on end.
But why did it have to be a dream? Why couldn't she tell Red how she really felt?
Mokey looked across the room. Red was sleeping soundly in her hammock, her long, unbraided hair flowing down her back and nearly touching the floor. Red was snoring loudly. But Mokey didn't mind. To her, any sound that Red made was music to her ears.
Quietly, Mokey got down out of her bed and put on her robe. She would let Red sleep a while longer. Mokey sneaked out of the cave and began wandering through the Rock.
It was a lovely day in Fraggle Rock. Flowers were blooming everywhere; the most beautiful flowers that Mokey had ever seen. Mokey picked one up and held it to her nose. The smell was wonderful.
How Mokey longed to pick the biggest, most beautiful flower in all of Fraggle Rock, and then march into Red's cave, show it to Red, and say "Red, I love you more than any other Fraggle in the world. Will you be my girlfriend?"
Little did Mokey know that Red was thinking the same thing...

A few hours later, Mokey stood in the Great Hall, painting a picture of the beautiful flowers that were in bloom all over Fraggle Rock. She had set up her easel right by the Fraggle pond, so that she could watch Red swimming while she painted. Right now, Red was diving from the top of a tall Doozer structure. Mokey watched eagerly as the athletic young Fraggle dived into the pond with a splash, and then emerged with a huge smile, her wet hair clinging to her face. Mokey was so focused on watching Red that she could hardly focus on her painting. In her eyes, Red was far more beautiful than any flower in the Rock.
For a little while, Mokey continued to paint flowers. But as soon as Red walked out of the pond, Mokey walked away from her easel and approached her. Red was drying herself off with a towel. She shook her head to get the water out of her pigtails, and a little water went on Mokey's face.
"Hey, Red," asked Mokey. "Can I paint you?"
"Well, uh, sure," said Red. "But why do you want to paint me?"
"I don't know," replied Mokey, tripping over her words. "I just want to do a nice portrait of you."
"Well, sure," said Red. "Just let me dry off."
"Thank you," said Mokey. "You're really nice, you know."
Mokey could have sworn she saw Red blush.

A few minutes later, Mokey stood at her easel, while Red sat in front of her on a small stool, patiently sitting as Mokey painted her. Mokey was having a hard time taking her eyes away from her friend to look at the canvas, however. All she could think about was how much she loved Red. With her huge pigtails, long legs, and bright orange color, Red was easily the prettiest Fraggle Mokey had ever seen.
Finally, just as Mokey managed to tear her eyes away from Red so that she could paint the portrait, she heard a loud snap as her paintbrush broke in two and fell to the ground.
"Oh, no," grumbled Mokey.
"What's wrong?" asked Red.
"My paintbrush is broken. I can't keep working on my painting."
"Oh, that's too bad," said Red. After a short pause, Red wagged her tail in Mokey's direction. "Here. You can use my baloobius?"
"Uh, n-no, that's fine," stammered Mokey. "How can I use you to paint you?"
"Yeah, I guess you're right," said Red. Mokey thought she could see her friend blushing again, but Red quickly hid her face from Mokey.
Mokey couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened. Why had Red been so eager to let her use her baloobius? Could Red feel the same way about her that...
No. It wasn't possible.
"It's okay, Red. I'll have to go to the Brushplant Cavern to get a new one."
"Oh, okay," said Red.
Just then, Mokey realized that this was her chance. To get Red away from the center of Fraggle Rock, to a nice and quiet place where she could finally admit how she felt without being overheard.
"Red?" she asked quietly. "Would you like to come with me?"
"Sure, why not?" said Red. "Let's go."

Red and Mokey walked down the tunnel that led to Brushplant Cavern to get a new one. It was a dark and narrow cave, with little to illuminate it. No flowers grew here. The only sound that the two Fraggles heard was the occasional buzz of an insect flying by.
Red trotted along at a quick pace, often skipping with excitement. Mokey slowly walked behind her. She loved to watch Red walk. Mokey picked up her pace and walked side by side with Red. She desperately wanted to hold Red's hand, but knew that was out of the question. Mokey sighed.
"What is it?" asked Red.
"Nothing," said Mokey quickly. "I just miss my old paintbrush."

After a brief while, Mokey and Red arrived in a cave filled with blooming flowers. The smell was lovely, and the cave looked so beautiful that Mokey knew she would have to come back here and paint it. Mokey picked up one of the flowers; a large purple fuzzyflower. She held it up to her nose and let the wonderful aroma waft over her. She closed her eyes and thought about all the most amazing things she could think of. And all of them were Red.
Hoping to give a hint of how she felt, Mokey passed the flower to Red. "Doesn't this smell wonderful?"
For a few sweet seconds, Red and Mokey stared deep into each other's eyes. Or at least, that's how Mokey felt. Then Red held the flower up and sniffed it.
"Ah... atchoo!" Red sneezed loudly and dropped the flower.
"Oh, I'm so sorry," said Mokey. "I forgot, you're allergic to fuzzyflowers. Here, take this." Mokey tossed Red a handkerchief.
Red blew her nose loudly and tossed the handkerchief over her shoulder. "Can we get out of this cave now?"
"No problem. I'm sorry about the flower, Red."
"No big deal." Red turned and walked out of the cave.
Mokey wanted to follow her, but stayed in the cave for a minute, thinking. She had been planning to admit her true feelings to Red just then, when she gave Red the flower, and she had messed it up. Would she ever be able to confess how she really felt?
Before leaving the cave, Mokey picked up Red's used handkerchief and placed it in her pocket, so she could have a little piece of Red to carry with her everywhere.

It was a long time before Red and Mokey could arrive at Brushplant Cavern. Next, they had to cross the Deep Fraggle Gorge, a very tall pit with a narrow strip of rock overtop of it to walk on. Red confidently walked ahead, but Mokey was so focused on staring at Red that she didn't look where she was going and nearly fell down the Gorge. She quickly picked herself up before Red could notice, and decided not to walk far behind her friend anymore. Instead, she walked right next to Red. Her heart melted as she watched Red's enormous pigtails flitting from side to side as she walked with her bouncing gate. Every time they made eye contact, even briefly, Mokey felt a little closer to heaven.
Unbeknownst to her, Red was thinking much the same thing. Mokey is so pretty, Red thought as she looked at the taller Fraggle walking next to her. I wish she could love me the way I love her. But Red tried not to let her feelings show.

Soon, the two Fraggles had nearly arrived at the Brushplant Cavern. But first, they had to pass through a dangerous Falling Rock Zone. Rocks of every size from pebbles to boulders came falling down from the rock mountains above, threatening to crush the Fraggles at any moment.
For once, Mokey tried to take her mind off of romance and focus on her friend's safety. But then she realized what she could do. "Red, hold my hand," said Mokey. "We'll be safer that way."
As soon as Red's fingers touched Mokey's, she felt as though she were walking on air. The feeling of Red's fuzzy hand against hers, intertwined as though they were lovers, felt better than anything Mokey could imagine. Hopefully, Mokey thought, Red wouldn't realize how sweaty her hands were. But Red's hand felt sweaty too. It must have been the heat...
Soon, they were almost out of the Falling Rock Zone. In the distance, they could see the tunnel that lead to the Brushplant Cavern. Mokey reluctantly broke the handshake and began to walk ahead of Red.
At that very moment, a torrent of small but heavy rocks fell to the ground right where Red was walking. Mokey heard Red screaming. Was she hurt?
Mokey raced back into the Falling Rock Zone as fast as her legs could carry her. She found Red lying on the ground, struggling to get off the ground. She was pinned to the floor by a rock on her tail.
"Are you hurt?" gasped Mokey.
"I'm fine," Red grunted. "But I can't get this stupid rock off my tail."
"Let me help you," said Mokey, and lifted the rock off her tail. Immediately, Red stood up, and brushed the dust off her legs. She gave her tail a flick, and Mokey could see her flinch in pain slightly.
"Does it hurt?" asked Mokey, concerned.
"A little," said Red, "but I'm fine. It's not broken or anything. I can still make it."
The two Fraggles quickly made it out of the Falling Rock Zone, and into the tunnel leading to Brushplant Cavern. Mokey said nothing. She couldn't believe what had just happened. Red could have died just then, and Mokey would have never had a chance to tell her how much she really loved her.
Mokey made a decision. As soon as they were in the Brushplant Cavern, she was going to tell Red everything.

A few minutes later, they were inside the Brushplant Cavern. It was a lovelier place than Mokey could have imagined. The floor was covered with grass, small creatures of all sorts darted here and there, and the walls of the rock were covered in flowers - fortunately for Red, none of them fuzzyflowers. But nothing in the cavern was nearly as beautiful as the yellow Fraggle who stood right next to Mokey.
Mokey cleared her throat anxiously. Now was the moment.
"Red... there's something I need to tell you."
"Yes? What is it?"
For a few seconds, Mokey stammered. Then she immediately blurted it out. "I love you, Red!"
"So do I, Mokey!" said Red, sounding slightly shocked.
"No, you don't understand!" said Mokey. "I like you as more than a friend!"
"So do I!" said Red, practically screaming now.
Mokey was stunned. "You... do?"
"Yes!" said Red, beginning to cry now. "When I look at you, I just want to kiss you and kiss you and... and tell you I love you, and..."
"RED!" Mokey screamed. "That's exactly how I feel. I've been wanting to tell you for so long, but I never had the courage."
"Neither did I," said Red sadly.
"Red," said Mokey, beginning to stammer again. "Will you be my girlfriend? And love me always, and kiss me, and..."
"YES!" shouted Red, and the two of them embraced each other warmly. Red leaped into Mokey's arms, and the two of them moved their snouts closer and closer. Then they closed their eyes, and shared a more passionate kiss than they ever could have imagined. It was the best thing Mokey could imagine: Red's lovely snout pressing against hers; her sweet breath in Mokey's mouth; their tongues touching. It was pure heaven.
Finally, after many seconds, they broke the kiss, gasping for air. "Let's do it again," said Mokey immediately.
And they did. They kissed each other again, lips locked, snouts touching, and both of them felt as though they were in a place even sweeter than heaven. It was the best day of Mokey's life. The most beautiful Fraggle ever to exist was in her arms, kissing her. Mokey pulled her lips away from Red's. Then she began to kiss Red all over her face, again and again. "Thank you so much," she said.
"And thank you," said Red.
"Now that we're girlfriends," said Mokey, "we'll have to come here often. To the most romantic place we know."
And then, with Red still in her arms, Mokey walked over to the brushplant and picked the perfect plant to use for her paintbrush. And then, the two girlfriends walked out of the cave and began the long journey home.
This time, they didn't worry about falling rocks or fuzzyflowers. They didn't worry about anything at all. Mokey carried Red the whole way, and every few minutes they would break into another lovely Fraggle kiss. They were nearly back home again when Mokey finally put Red down again.
"This has been the best day of my life," said Red. "I'm so glad I came with you."
"And now," said Mokey, "I'm going to paint the most beautiful portrait of you." Mokey brushed the brushplant across Red's snout, making her scrunch up her nose in the most adorable way.
"And the next time your paintbrush breaks," said Red, "feel free to use my baloobius."
The two Fraggles playfully linked their tails.

That evening, Mokey lay on her bed, staring at the wall of the rock for a long time. She couldn't believe what had happened. Red, her best friend, the only Fraggle she had ever truly loved, was her girlfriend now.
After a while, Red bounced into the room. She was thinking the exact same thing, and her face bore the widest smile Mokey had ever seen. Red undid the ribbons in her pigtails and let her long red hair hang down her back.
"Your hair is so beautiful," Mokey sighed dreamily.
Mokey reached onto the wall of the rock, where she picked a flower that was blooming. It was a bright yellow, just like Red's skin. Mokey placed the flower in her girlfriend's hair.
"Don't worry," said Mokey. "It's not a fuzzyflower."
Red laughed. "I wouldn't mind even if it was."

That night, Mokey dreamed again. But this time, she dreamed that she was frolicking in the Brushplant Cavern with her best friend - and girlfriend - Red. And when she woke up, she found Red - the greatest Fraggle she could dream of - lying next to her in the bed.
It was the start of a new day, and Mokey was ready for anything.

Last edited:

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
Author's note: I'm turning this into a running series. Every chapter is a self-contained short story about Red and Mokey being in love and smooching a ton because Red/Mokey is the most adorable Fraggle pairing to me.

CHAPTER TWO

Red and Mokey were in a large cave. It was very bright, blooming with hundreds and hundreds of beautiful flowers. Birds were singing everywhere, and the sun - usually only seen in the Gorgs' garden - was beaming down on them, casting a lovely glow over the cave. The two Fraggles were happily bouncing up and down in the cave, singing a cheerful song. Mokey grabbed an entire handful of flowers from the cave, the most beautiful ones she could find, and held them to her nose, sniffing them all at once. Red did the same, grabbing a handful of flowers to smell. She seemed to have grabbed a bunch of fuzzyflowers, but this time they weren't making her sneeze.
Mokey grabbed the largest flower of all. It was almost as tall as she was, and had a lovely blue color. When she grabbed it, a bunch of brighty-colored insects flew out of the flower and buzzed around Mokey's head. Then she handed the flower to Red. "This is for you, Red," she said, "to show how much I love you."
Red smiled one of her trademark smiles, which was the most beautiful thing Mokey could imagine. The two ran into each other's arms and began kissing. Then they twirled each other around and continued singing.

Gradually, Mokey began to realize that she was dreaming. The walls of the cave gave way and collapsed in on themselves. Then Mokey found herself inside her own bed. She then realized what had woken her up; something had gotten inside her mouth. She slowly opened her eyes and looked. It was some of Red's hair.
Mokey buried her entire face in Red's hair. It smelled great. The hair reminded Mokey of all the great time they had spent together. Mokey stared in awe at the lovely Fraggle who was sleeping next to her. Even when she was sleeping, Red was extremely beautiful. The large ocean of bright red hair cascading down her back was lovelier than any flower in the Rock.
Every few seconds, Red gave a huge, snuffling snore. In the past, Mokey had been annoyed by Red's snoring. But today it was different. This was the first morning that Mokey had woken up to find her best friend in the world - and now girlfriend - lying beside her in her bed. Mokey gently spun Red's body around, so that she faced her.
Slowly, Red awoke. Her large eyes slowly opened, giving her an adorably tired look. Then, Red stared as she realized that Mokey was lying next to her. Immediately, she put her hands on Mokey's shoulders and gave her a long, sweet kiss. "Good morning, love of my life," said Red.
Mokey smiled widely. Then the events of the previous night hadn't been a dream!
"So we're really girlfriends now?" Mokey asked groggily.
"Of course," said Red. "There's no other Fraggle I'd rather be with."

Mokey lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She placed one hand on Red's stomach, feeling her breath going in and out, just to remind her that Red really was there next to her. She thought of the events of the previous day. Not only had she finally confessed to Red that she found her very attractive and liked her as more than a friend, but Red had said that she felt the same way, and they had become girlfriends. Mokey sighed happily. Being in a relationship with Red was the best thing she could have ever asked for.

That morning, as usual, Red went for a swim in the Fraggle pond. Mokey, still in her pajama bottoms and nightcap, went to watch as Red went into the Great Hall, climbed to the top of the diving board, and leaped into the cooling waters. It was very early morning; Red and Mokey were among the first Fraggles awake.
This was far from the first morning that Mokey had stood and watched as Red took her morning swim. But this time it was different. She no longer had to feel a sadness in her heart knowing that Red would never understand how she really felt about her. Now she knew that Red felt the same way, and now they could finally be together.
Mokey chuckled. It was a little strange thinking of Red as her girlfriend now, and not just her friend. But it was a very good kind of strange. Because that meant that they would be even closer than ever, and do everything together.
Well, if they were going to do everything together, they had better start now. Mokey broke into a run, and leaped into the Fraggle pond after Red. She laughed as she splashed into the water, and quickly swam her way to Red.
"Wow," said Red, impressed. "I never knew you could swim so good,"
Mokey smiled coyly. "I learned it by watching you."
Red playfully splashed a little water in Mokey's face, and Mokey reciprocated. Then the two dove under the water, holding hands. They blew bubbles that floated up to the surface, and smiled knowingly.

Shortly afterwards, Red and Mokey sat together in their cave and ate breakfast. Mokey ate a radish sandwich, while Red munched on one of the radish bars that she loved so much.
"You know," Mokey said with a giggle, "you're really cute when you eat. You're cute when you do anything, actually."
"Well, so are you," said Red, taking a huge bite of her radish bar.
When they finished eating, Red grabbed her hair ribbons and began tying her hair into pigtails.
"Let me help you with that," said Mokey.
Mokey grabbed the ribbons and began tying Red's hair. Mokey had always loved Red's hair. It was beautiful, it was very long, and it was a lovely color. Mokey's heart had always melted at the sight of Red's two gigantic pigtails; how they would flop back and forth when she walked; how they would shrink when she jumped in the water; and even just the way they stuck out in the air like pom-poms. Red finished tying the ribbons, restoring Red's pigtails.
"Thanks," said Red. "You're a lot better at that than I am,"
"Nonsense," said Mokey. "I'm just glad I can finally admit how beautiful I think your pigtails are."
Red blushed and playfully brushed Mokey's cheek with her hair. "So what should we do today, now that we're doing everything together?"
"Well, I need to go to the Gorgs' garden and collect some radishes. Would you like to come with me?"
"Would I?" said Red, practically bouncing with excitement. "Of course! We don't have to worry. No Gorg stands a chance against you and I!"

Red had been to the Gorgs' garden plenty of times, but she'd never really been fond of the place. In the past, she'd been chased and nearly thumped by Gorgs several times, whether she was playing with her friends or visiting the Trash Heap. Thus, she'd always been glad that collecting radishes was Mokey's job. But this time, she was glad to be accompanying her friend - her girlfriend - on the errand. Knowing that her longtime crush, Mokey, was now her partner, and was right by her side to protect her if she needed, made her unafraid of anything, even Gorgs. She happily bounced into the Gorgs' garden with Mokey by her side, carrying a large basket to put her radishes in. Mokey, who was carrying a similar basket, walked in front of her, surveying the area.
"Not a Gorg in sight," whispered Mokey. "The coast is clear."
Red sighed in relief. She was still a little scared of Gorgs. But what Fraggle wouldn't be?
Mokey immediately walked over to the large area outside the castle where the Gorgs grew radishes and other vegetables. She filled her basket with as many as she could. Red prepared to do the same, but she noticed that Mokey had been distracted by some flowers growing on a rock nearby.
"Couldn't we bring these home with us as well?" asked Mokey, holding out a handful of brightly-colored flowers. "To commemorate us finally becoming girlfriends?"
"But of course," said Red. She gave the flower a deep sniff. It did smell wonderful. She was beginning to understand why Mokey loved flowers so much.
"Take as many as you want," she said. "Just no fuzzyflowers,"
But all the same, Mokey couldn't resist picking a single fuzzyflower that she saw growing nearby, the only one in the garden, which she slipped into her pocket. Red may have been allergic to them, but Mokey would always associate fuzzyflowers with the day where they confessed their love to each other.
Soon, Red had filled her basket to the top with radishes, and she eagerly bounded over to Mokey, who had likewise collected a respectable amount. "Time to go?" she asked.
"Can't we stay just a little longer?" asked Mokey. "I just want to look at the scenery. It's so romantic."
Red resisted the urge to grumble. The more she thought about it, it was romantic out here. The perfect place for two Fraggles to spend their first day in love.
Mokey stood, straight and tall as a statue, observing the sun shining over the vegetables. Red stood next to her and leaned her head against Mokey's shoulder. Feeling her neck tickled by Red's pigtails, Mokey turned warm all over.
Eventually, the two Fraggles decided to return home. But just as they were preparing to have one last romantic kiss in the garden, Red heard something behind her and quickly jumped out of the way. Junior Gorg was sneaking right up behind them!
"Mokey!" shouted Red, grabbing the taller Fraggle by the arm and pulling her out of the way. "It's a Gorg!"
They began to run. But just then, Junior Gorg's mighty hand came down and snatched up one of the two Fraggles.
"RED!" screamed Mokey, as she watched her girlfriend being snatched away by the giant Gorg. Red began to scream and attempted to fight her way out of Junior's hand. But it was an impossible task. Mokey watched as Junior carried Red to a table outside the castle, where he had a selection of Fraggle traps placed all in a row. Junior put Red in one of the traps, locked it, and carried it to a nearby tree, where he hung it on one of the taller branches.
Mokey began to panic. This was the first time she had been separated from Red since they had become partners. She had to do something. But what?
Quickly, Mokey turned and ran in the direction of the Fraggle hole. She was going to run back to Fraggle Rock and ask her friends for help. Maybe Gobo would know what to do, or Boober. But she stopped dead in her tracks when she heard Red's voice calling faintly behind her.
"No, Mokey! Don't go! I need you!"
Mokey turned around. The Gorg wasn't standing anywhere near the caged Red anymore; he had returned to the castle to excitedly tell his parents about the Fraggle he had caught.
Mokey stopped for a moment. She didn't want to go back to Fraggle Rock just yet. The other Fraggles didn't know about Red and Mokey being in love yet, and she wasn't quite ready to tell them. Without that information, they'd wonder what Red had been doing in the garden to begin with. Besides, Mokey didn't want to be away from Red for any amount of time.
Quietly, Mokey sneaked back through the garden until she arrived at the tree where Red was hanging in her trap.
"Mokey!" said Red anxiously. She looked extremely relieved to see her girlfriend returning to save her.
"I'll try and get you out now," said Mokey. "Just let me think."
"You could try-" began Red, but Mokey never heard the rest of the sentence. She had failed to hear Junior creeping up behind her, and in a few seconds, she too was scooped up in his large hand. Junior's fingers closed, making her feel as though she was being smothered. Then, Junior pulled down the trap containing Red, opened it, and placed Mokey inside too. He rehung the trap in the tree, and ran off again, excitedly calling out "I got two Fwaggles! Two!"
Mokey was sitting inside a small Fraggle trap, hanging nearly twenty feet in the air from a tall tree. The cage door was closed, and there wasn't any clear way to escape. But suddenly, it wasn't so bad. After all, Red was sitting right beside her. And the idea of being trapped in the same cage as Red felt a lot less scary than Red being trapped, and Mokey having no way to save her.
"Well, we're both caught now," said Red grimly, inspecting the bars of the cage.
"I feel a lot better, actually," said Mokey, "being here with you. There's nothing to be afraid of. We've never been caught for long."
"Exactly," said Red. "As girlfriends, we do everything together. Including getting caught by Gorgs."
Red brushed her tail against Mokey's. The two Fraggles playfully wiggled their tails together, and then linked them together in a tight knot - a classic sign of love amongst Fraggles. Mokey was in heaven again. A week ago, the mere idea of her tail touching Red's would have been too much too imagine.
Red grabbed Mokey's baloobius and tickled her chin with it. "I love you, Mokey," she said.
"I love you too, Red,"
The next thing Red and Mokey knew, they were kissing again, more passionately than ever. They embraced each other warmly, lips locked, tails linked, and both smiled. A minute ago, they had been scared of the trap they were in; now, it was the best situation they could imagine.
Mokey held Red's face in her hands. "You're my world," she said. "No painting or poem could do you justice."
Red laughed. "What a great opportunity to spend some great quality time together. I'm not worried anymore. The others will miss us, and come and find us in a few hours. And when they do, we'll tell them that we're in love."
"Isn't that sweet?" said Mokey, burying her face in Red's hair again. "You smell sweeter than any flower in the world."
"Even a... fuzzyflower?" said Red, pointing to something. Mokey noticed that the fuzzyflower she had picked in the garden had fallen out of her pocket.
"Oh, that," she said, and quickly tossed it through the bars of the cage; but not before Red, catching a whiff of it, unleashed one of her deafeningly-loud sneezes.
"You know," she said, wiping her nose, "they do smell pretty good."
"Bless you," said Mokey with a laugh.
"I am blessed, to be here with you." And they kissed again. The sun beat down on them, and the garden was alive with flowers and birds. But to Mokey, there was no sight more perfect than that of Red's irresistible snout, mere inches away from her lips. Every time Red's snout touched Mokey's, and she felt Red's soft, downy skin against her own, she realized that there was no place in the world she wouldn't love to be if Red was there with her.
"You're the best thing that ever happened to me," whispered Mokey, during one of their brief breaks in between kisses.
Red didn't respond, but Mokey could see her tail wagging back and forth.

Last edited:

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
CHAPTER THREE

Mokey slowly opened her eyes as she awoke from a long night's sleep. It was still dark. Mokey turned over on her side to take a look at her girlfriend, Red, who was lying next to her.
Red's perfect snout was lying just a few inches away from Mokey. Over the years, Mokey had often thought that Red's snout was maybe the most attractive thing about her - that perfect nose, those lovely lips just begging to be covered in sweet, sweet kisses. But year after year, Mokey had grown sad realizing that she would never be able to do what she wanted - to take Red in her arms, hold her in a sweet embrace, and place a long, loving kiss on that amazing snout, while Red's huge pigtails gently tickled her face. To feel their tails touching and linking together. To see Red's feet kicking in the air as she picked her up and carried her in her arms like a baby. And while they walked, they could kiss again and laugh together - that sweet, sweet laugh of Red's.
But all that time, Red had thought the same thing. Every night, while she lay in her hammock and stared at the sleeping Mokey, she would always think about just how beautiful Mokey was. There was something about her - the long blue hair, the tall stature, and the beautiful purple skin - that made Red want to be held by Mokey for an eternity, to feel her snout touching Mokey's lovely lips. But Mokey just likes me as a friend, Red would think. She doesn't know how much I really love her. She doesn't know that I think she's the most perfect Fraggle in the Rock. The only one I'd ever want to be with.
But that was no more. Now, they were together, destined to spend the rest of their days with each other, bound by a love stronger than any Gorg. To Red, there was something almost surreal about being able to reach over and plant a kiss on Mokey's lips; and, in return, to feel Mokey's comforting arms around her, as she had always dreamed of. For years, she had struggled to gather the courage to tell Mokey how she felt; and now, Mokey had done it for her. Love was a wondrous thing, especially in a magic place like Fraggle Rock.
Right now, Red was fast asleep. Her large Fraggle eyes were tightly shut. Mokey had always thought Red looked lovely when she was sleeping; sweeter than any flower in the garden. Mokey leaned forward and gently kissed Red's nose. "Good morning, darling," she whispered softly.
Red slowly awoke, opening her eyelids halfway. Every morning, when she awoke to find Mokey lying next to her, she got the most adorable look of relief on her face, as though she had worried that their love had been nothing more than a dream. Mokey had sometimes wondered the same thing. After all, it had been only a week now since they had confessed their love to each other in the Brushplant Cavern.
Mokey thought of the days where she would look longingly at Red while she dove into the Fraggle pond for her daily swim, staring at the red-haired Fraggle while thinking, She's the most wonderful Fraggle I could imagine. No more would she have to console herself by reminding herself that they were at least good friends. They were finally in love, and could be as close as they wanted to be.
Even before they had finally become girlfriends, Red had always thought that, if she ever truly loved any Fraggle, it would be Mokey. Sure, Gobo was handsome, and a lot of Fraggle boys had seemed to be interested in her. But there was just something about Mokey that she had never found in any other Fraggle. For as long as the two had known each other, they had shared a special bond together that neither of them could replicate with any other Fraggle. Red and Mokey truly were made for each other.
Looking around at the walls of the cave in which they slept, Mokey remembered the time that her and Red had moved into this cave, years before. It had been Mokey's idea, for she had been desperately hoping that sharing a living space would help them to get closer, maybe to the point where she could admit how much she loved Red. At the time, however, it hadn't worked much. Red would sleep in a hammock separate from Mokey, and she quickly developed a hatred for Mokey's beloved plant, Lanford. But at the very least, Mokey had been afforded a chance to watch Red as she slept, which always helped her have sweet and comforting dreams. And all those nights, while Red lay in her hammock waiting for sleep to take her, she had looked at Mokey too, and thought that having her near was the most comforting thing she could think of.
Red opened her eyelids fully, taking in the sight of the lovely Fraggle lying next to her. Mokey grabbed Red's hand and clasped it tightly. "I love you so much," she said.

That morning, Mokey set up her easel in their cave to finish a portrait of Red that she had been working on with her new paintbrush from the Brushplant Cavern. When the painting was finished, Mokey triumphantly held it up to show to her girlfriend, with a slight blush.
Red uttered a squeal. The picture showed her standing in the Great Hall, throwing up her hands with joy, her pigtails waving in the air. In the background was the Fraggle pond. There was a large, bright heart in the center of the canvas, and at the top were the words "TO RED: THE LOVE OF MY LIFE"
Red didn't bother trying to find words to describe Mokey's portrait of her. Instead, she simply dove headfirst into Mokey's arms and planted her face with kisses all over. Her tail was wagging back and forth, and her cheeks were bright red.
"I don't know what I'd do without you, Mokey," she said at last.
"Let's hope you never have to find out,"

"So what should we do today?" asked Red, a little later. "Now that we do everything together, you know?"
Mokey smiled. She loved taking her new girlfriend to romantic places, so they could just stand around and feel their love growing. "Let's do something adventurous," she said. "Let's go somewhere new, someplace we've never been before."
"I know!" said Red at last. "We'll go to Outer Space!"
Mokey balked for a few seconds. Outer Space was a dangerous place, one which very few Fraggles had ever been to. Only Gobo was brave enough to venture out there every few days to retrieve his postcards. But at the same time, one of the greatest joys of her relationship with Red was doing exciting new things with her. Maybe Outer Space was a romantic place after all.
"Yes!" she said. "I'll do it!"
"Great. Let's go!"

Red and Mokey walked along the tunnel leading to Outer Space in the best of spirits, holding hands the entire way. They would constantly turn their heads to exchange looks at each other, as if each hardly dared to believe the beautiful Fraggle who stood next to them. Mokey held Red's hand as tightly as she could, feeling that as long as she was holding part of her girlfriend, nothing could go wrong. Their tails constantly brushed up against each other, sometimes linking, and every few minutes they would stop for a quick, but passionate kiss. Mokey briefly wondered how many Fraggles must be staring at them, but neither of them cared. They'd all find out about Red and Mokey's relationship in time. Red laughed briefly at the thought of Gobo's reaction to the news. He'd probably be jealous. But he couldn't say he hadn't seen it coming from a mile away...
Finally, Red and Mokey arrived at the hole leading into Outer Space. Red, the braver of the two, quickly peeked her head through the hole. It appeared to be empty.
Though she'd looked at the hole many times before, Red had never actually been inside. Once she had come very close, when she tried to retrieve an umbrella, an object that created water, but she'd gotten scared and Gobo had to do it instead. Mokey, too, had never been inside the hole. So they were very excited to finally do so.
Holding hands tighter than ever, the two Fraggles quietly crept inside the hole. They appeared to be inside a cave of some sort, with strange furniture all around. In one side of the room, there appeared to be a door leading somewhere else. But the girls weren't sure they were quite ready to go that far just yet.
Looking around, Red noticed a large basket on the floor, which she inspected. "I think this is where Gobo gets his postcards," she said. Red reached inside. "Yep! Here's one!" she said as she held it up. "We can bring this back to Gobo to prove we were really here."
"Isn't it romantic here?" sighed Mokey. "You and me alone in a strange place, with nothing but our love to keep us company? I could write a hundred poems about this."
Red intended to respond, but just then the door opened, and a strange creature walked into the room. It walked on four legs, and had thick, shaggy black fur all over its body. Red began to tremble. This must be the monster that Gobo had talked about so often.
Catching sight of Red and Mokey, the monster gave a great bark and charged toward them. Mokey grabbed Red's hand again, squeezing it so tightly that Red shed tears, and the two quickly ran out of the hole and back into Fraggle Rock. But as soon as they were safe, neither could resist looking back into the hole - just long enough to see the door open again, and a very different creature walk inside. Then they got too scared to stick around any longer.
"That was a very moving experience," said Mokey at last, as they returned to their cave.
"I'm just glad I had you here to protect me," said Red, still a little shaken. "We could have died."
"At least we would have died together," said Mokey, as she picked up Red in her arms and playfully rocked her back and forth. Red kicked her cute Fraggle feet, her tail wagging again.
Mokey carried Red a while longer, twirling her around in the air and letting her pigtails tickle her face. Then she placed her down on their bed again.
"Thanks for a great adventure," said Mokey, as she brought her mouth closer to Red's.
Then they kissed again. By now, Mokey's tail was wagging too.

Last edited:

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
CHAPTER FOUR

Red and Mokey happily skipped and jumped through Fraggle Rock; hand in hand, tails nudging, casting loving glances at each other all the way. They had just been for a romantic swim together in the Fraggle pond, and were now on their way from the Great Hall to the cave where they lived together.
A few of the Fraggles in the Great Hall stopped and stared. They were shocked to see how happy Red and Mokey seemed to be in each other's company. They had all found out about Red and Mokey being in love a few weeks before, and since then, their romance had been the talk of Fraggle Rock. But Red and Mokey didn't care what anyone thought about them. They were in love, and that was enough.
The two lovers bounded into their cave, where they finally pulled away from each other. Mokey went to sit on her bed, while Red lay in her hammock. Red couldn't stop staring at Mokey. How lucky can I be to have a girlfriend this beautiful? she thought. Mokey was so tall that her feet touched the ground when she sat, whereas Red's legs were dangling in the air as she sat on her hammock.
Mokey got off her bed, stood up, and leaned forward, planting a small kiss on her girlfriend's snout. Then Red and Mokey playfully nudged their noses together. Mokey gave a wink and lifted Red up with both arms, spinning her around in the air and bringing her down for a long, passionate kiss. She only stopped when Red's pigtails got in the way, flapping this way and that and hitting Mokey in the face.
"Oh, I'm sorry," said Red, reaching for the ribbons in her hair. "I can flatten my hair if you like,"
"No!" said Mokey. "Your pigtails are so beautiful." The two exchanged another kiss before Mokey lowered Red back into her hammock. Red teased Mokey by tickling her face with her pigtails. Mokey responded by reaching down and tickling Red's feet. Red giggled softly.
"You're so cute when you laugh," said Mokey. "And you have cute little feet, too," she said, as she ended the impromptu tickling.
Red reached upwards, grabbed Mokey by the shoulders, and pulled her downwards. She kissed Mokey over and over, all over her face. "You are the greatest Fraggle in the whole wide world," she said.
Mokey blushed.
Red undid the ribbons in her hair and coyly flipped her hand through her long, flowing red hair. "There now," she said. "This is easier for long kissing sessions". Then she puckered her lips, waiting for the sweet feeling of Mokey's lips on her snout.
Mokey gave Red one more kiss, longer than the others, and then tossed her back her hair ribbons, which she had thrown on the floor. "Now then, Red, shouldn't we get ready for our trip?"
"Oh, yes," said Red, "of course".
To celebrate the one-month anniversary of becoming girlfriends, Red and Mokey had planned a trip to Kissing Cave, the most romantic place in all of Fraggle Rock. It was said to be extremely beautiful, covered in the most exotic flowers, and legend had it that it exuded fumes that could make any two Fraggles fall in love. Among those who were already couples, it was said to make them love each other even more. Mokey had always dreamed of going there, especially with Red, and jumped at the chance to finally do so now that they were girlfriends.
Red had been slightly more apprehensive about the trip. Kissing Cave was far away, and it would take them a full day to get there. Besides, she had had to cancel a swim meet in the Great Hall, during which she would have been competing against Gobo. Red worried that Gobo was jealous of her being with Mokey, and didn't want him to think that she had given up her athletic career to spend more time with Mokey.
Nevertheless, Red and Mokey loved each other so much that they had resolved to do everything, or at least almost eveything, together. And going to the Kissing Cave might be the most romantic thing they had ever done, whether as friends or lovers. Red had a vision of her and Mokey in the cave, surrounded by flowers, kissing as passionately as they possibly could, holding each other tightly and linking their baloobiuses in such a tight knot that it could never be untied. Then, they truly would be together forever.
Red snapped herself out of her daydream. She was starting to think like Mokey. She definitely wanted to go. It might not be quite as romantic as Mokey imagined, but going anyplace with the most attractive and loving Fraggle in the Rock was a treat nonetheless. Heeding Mokey's reminder, Red quickly began to pack some of her belongings in her backpack. They would be leaving for Kissing Cave that night - since Mokey had said it would be more romantic if they went at night.
Red finished her packing quickly, while Mokey took longer, looking around her room and carefully selecting belongings to bring with her on the trip. Red was growing impatient. "Just pack up, already, so we can get going!"
"Now, Red," Mokey admonished her, "packing for a trip isn't something you do in a minute. You have to choose which things you want to bring with you to make the trip more special. To make our vacation even more romantic, I'll be bringing all the things that remind me of our romance." Mokey winked. "Except fuzzyflowers, of course".
Mokey set to packing, while Red sat on her hammock watching, content to look at Mokey. She could have stared at the lovely Fraggle for hours on end. Red retied the ribbons in her hair, restoring her poofy pigtails, and eagerly hopped out of the hammock.
"You know," said Red, "It's hard to believe that once upon a time we didn't even share a cave."
"I know," said Mokey, tightly clasping her friend's soft, orange-skinned hand. "I couldn't even imagine sleeping without you."
Red laughed. All those years when she'd been struggling to admit her true feelings to Mokey, the only thing that had given her courage was being able to watch her friend sleeping every night. As soon as they moved into their own shared cave, she felt closer to Mokey than ever before. But she could never have imagined how close they would become.

Finally, hours later, the two Fraggles set off on their journey. Red and Mokey had each brought a backpack, and also each carried a basket containing radishes, Doozer sticks, and fresh water to drink. Mokey held her basket in her left hand, and Red in her right, allowing them to still hold hands the entire way.
The journey was long and mostly uneventful. Every so often, Red would tease Mokey by brushing her tail against Mokey's, and Mokey would respond by briefly linking their tails. If not for them holding hands, Mokey would have been walking far behind Red, for she was very busy staring at her beautiful girlfriend. Every time Red's pigtails bounced as she walked with her skipping gate, Mokey's heart melted a little more.
They walked for hours, seeming to grow no closer to the Kissing Cave. The entire journey to the Cave seemed to consist of walking through a long, dark tunnel, with little light even from the Ditzies. Red began to wish she had a glowing tail to illuminate the way, like the Fraggles of olden times that she had read about.
They didn't stop until they were nearing their destination, when Red, who had been growing more and more tired for the past hour or so, finally asked Mokey to stop for a short break. But then, immediately afterwards, Red collapsed on the ground, and landed on Mokey's lap.
"Red!" shouted Mokey. "What's wrong?"
"I don't know," said Red, her head still in Mokey's lap. "I don't feel so good."
Red didn't look good either. She was growing pale, and her eyes were thickly lidded, as though she struggled to open them.
"How long have you been feeling sick?"
"I started feeling tired just a little while ago," mumbled Red, "but I thought it was nothing."
Just then, Mokey remembered that she heard about the pebble pox going around. Perhaps that's what Red had. Tenderly, Mokey placed her hand on Red's forehead. Sure enough, Red had a noticeable fever.
"Red," said Mokey gently, "I think you have the pebble pox."
"Oh, no!" Red gasped. "The most contagious disease a Fraggle can get. You'd better stay away from me, Mokey!"
Mokey sighed. "How can I?" she said. "You need taking care of."
"I'm so hot!" said Red, wiping sweat off her brow. "I need cooling down."
Quickly, Mokey pulled off Red's sweater, which felt very hot and moist. Normally, she would have loved to see her girlfriend's fur, but right now she was worried about Red.
"There. Is that better?"
"A little," muttered Red. She snuggled closer to Mokey.
"How do you feel?" Mokey asked.
"Terrible," admitted Red. "My fur is frizzy, my teeth are ticklish, and my tail aches."
"Oh, poor baby," said Mokey, untying the ribbons in her girlfriend's hair to make her more comfortable. Red's hair flowed down her back like a waterfall. Even when she was sick, she was still lovely.
"What you need is rest," said Mokey. "Why don't you take a little nap right here?" said Mokey.
"Mokey?" said Red.
"What is it, baby?"
"I still want to go to the Kissing Cave."
"Oh, Red, you're in no shape for a long trip now."
"Please," begged Red. "It's the most romantic place in Fraggle Rock! I need to go there."
"No, Red. You need to rest."
"Oh, please can we still go? I won't let a little pebble pox get in the way of our romantic vacation."
Red tried to stand up, but her knees buckled and she collapsed on the floor again. She began to cry slightly at the thought of missing her vacation with Mokey.
"Oh, Red," sighed Mokey. "You can't walk to Kissing Cave."
Red mumbled something as she tried to stand up again.
"But," said Mokey, "I can carry you there!"
Mokey picked up Red in her arms and held her tightly to her chest. Despite her sickness, Red gave Mokey the happiest smile she had given in a long time.
Mokey continued the trip to the Kissing Cave, carrying Red all the way. She placed Red's backpack on her back, leaving her own behind, and carried their baskets on her tail. Red was too weak to hold on to Mokey, so Mokey had to grip her as tightly as possible without causing her pain. Red was heavy, and it was hard to walk with the Fraggle in her arms. Yet all the same, she loved carrying Red. She loved feeling Red's body pressed against her chest, and she delighted in seeing Red's legs and feet dangling out of her arms. Red was too sick to do much except feebly wag her tail, but the looks they exchanged along the way spoke volumes about their deep and undying love for each other.
Finally, a long time later, they arrived at the entrance to the Kissing Cave. Mokey glanced down at Red. She half expected the sick Fraggle to have fallen asleep in her arms, but Red was still wide awake, glancing with awe and wander at everything she saw. Her eyelids even seemed to be a little further up. However, Red's skin was now covered in the spots that were characteristic of pebble pox.
"We're here, sweetheart," said Mokey softly.
Mokey crept inside the Kissing Cave. She gasped in amazement. It was the most beautiful place she had ever seen.
The ceiling was so high up that Mokey felt as though she were not in a cave at all but above ground. Many rock creatures of all sorts, from Inkspots to Rumblebugs, leapt and danced here and there. The floor was covered in grass, like the Gorgs' garden, and flowers grew from every surface - more flowers than Mokey had ever seen before. It was so dazzling that Mokey wanted to fall to her knees, but couldn't.
Just then, Red took a huge sniff of the air inside the cave. She seemed to brighten up a little. "It smells so good," she said to Mokey, sniffing again.
Mokey sniffed the air. The smell was indeed wonderful. It reminded her of all the best smells in the world - of fuzzyflowers and radishes, freshly mowed grass, and Red's hair. But as soon as she smelled it, strange thoughts began to arise in her mind.
Before she could help herself, Mokey dove down to the ground and gave Red such a passionate kiss that Red's entire snout seemed to vanish inside Mokey's mouth. She held the kiss for over a minute, wanting it to go on for an eternity. When she finally broke apart to gasp for air, Red smothered her face in kisses instead. Both Red's and Mokey's tails seemed to be out of their control, linking and unlinking constantly and brushing up against each other in a way that made them both feel ticklish, in a pleasant way. Then the two Fraggles began to roll over and over on the ground, alternating between long, passionate single kisses, and peppering their partner's face with smaller, short ones. Red's long hair got inside Mokey's mouth, and Mokey had to resist the urge to attempt to swallow it. The hair tasted so good ... almost as good as Red's kisses.
Finally, the two Fraggles got up from the ground and stood up. Red immediately fell to the ground again, as if remembering that she was sick.
"Oh, no," said Red. "Now you're gonna get sick too."
Mokey hadn't thought about that. The smell of the cave had affected her so strongly that she had had no thoughts at all save for a burning desire to kiss Red over and over. And she'd kissed Red so much that there wasn't a chance Red's germs hadn't spread to her.
"That's okay, darling," said Mokey. "I don't mind a little pebble pox if it comes from you." Mokey lay down on the grass, to be closer to her girlfriend.
For a few minutes, Red and Mokey teased each other by tickling each other's feet with their baloobiuses. Then, Red fell fast asleep on the grass.
Although Mokey didn't feel tired, she could think of nothing she'd rather do than lay on the ground next to Red and sleep too. The next thing she knew, she was fast asleep.

Mokey awoke hours later from a long and troubling dream. If only my head had been touching Red's, she thought, she could have been in the dream with me. Then, Mokey realized that she didn't feel well. Her hair was frizzy, her teeth ticklish, and her tail ached. Worst of all, her skin was itching terribly. Mokey looked at her arm. It was covered in spots. She had caught Red's pebble pox.
Red, who was already awake, ran to check on Mokey. "Oh, no! You're sick too!"
"Forget about me," said Mokey with a warm smile. "You look a lot better."
And Red did. Her eyes were wide open again and she was able to skip around the cave with ease. Her only remaining symptom were a few spots on her skin.
"You're right. I guess the pebble pox doesn't last that long."
All the same, Red decided to lie next to Mokey on the grass again, serenely staring at the roof. "Let's stay here a while longer," said Red. "Until we both feel better again."
"That sounds like a plan," said Mokey, with a slight chuckle. And she gently tickled Red's cheek with her baloobius.

Last edited:

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
Author's note: I currently have two Fraggle fanfics on the go, the other being the much more serious and ambitious story "Deep Within the Caves" which will be much longer than this and which I am much more proud of. Just a word of advice not to confuse the two stories if you see updates in the "recent posts" section and remember that the two stories have NOTHING to do with each other. "Deep Within the Caves" is not a shipping fic. Red and Mokey aren't even in it (nor are most main characters from the show).

CHAPTER FIVE

Red Fraggle sat up in bed and slowly opened her eyes. She blinked sleepily. The first thing she noticed was that it was already daylight in Fraggle Rock - later than she usually woke up. Then she rolled over, expecting to feel her girlfriend Mokey lying next to her. But there was no one else in the bed.
Red slowly got out of bed and let her feet touch the floor. Then she looked around the room. Mokey wasn't in the room at all. Oh well, Red thought at first. I woke up a lot later today than usual. Mokey must've got up before me, and now she's off painting some picture or writing a poem.
Red put on her sweater and tied up her hair in ribbons, transforming her long, flowing head of hair into her trademark pigtails. Then she immediately set off looking for Mokey.
Mokey didn't appear to be in the Great Hall. Red called her name, but got no response. Red decided to check in Gobo and Wembley's room, but she wasn't there either.
"Have you seen Mokey?" Red asked Gobo.
"She's probably lying around somewhere puckering up for a great big kiss from you," Gobo said spitefully. If only that were true, Red thought. What I wouldn't give for a kiss from Mokey right now. But Red's beautiful girlfriend was nowhere to be found.
Mokey wasn't in Boober's room, either. "Have you seen Mokey?" Red asked Boober.
"She probably died of a terrible disease," said Boober, his back turned to Red while he washed a tubful of socks. "You should never let yourself get too emotionally attached to a person, in case that happens."
Red angrily stomped out of Boober's room. "Hey, wait!" called out Boober behind her, but she ignored him. She didn't want to hear Boober's depressing statements or Gobo's spiteful quips right now. All she wanted was for Mokey to hold her in her arms and kiss her over and over. Even the thought of such a thing happening made her tail wag and her legs turn to jelly.

Red decided to check in a few more caves. Mokey wasn't sitting around watching Doozers by the Doozer dome, or sitting outside the hole to Outer Space to gain inspiration for her poems. That left only one obvious place to check - the Gorgs' garden.
Red's heart pounded in her furry chest as she hurried along the tunnel leading to the Gorgs' garden. If Mokey wasn't here, she would truly be missing, and the thought of being separated from the love of her life was too terrible for Red to even imagine. Worst of all, even to find Mokey Red would have to sneak past the Gorgs and risk getting caught.
Red tried to calm herself down. In all likelihood, Mokey was peacefully sitting by a tree in the Gorgs' garden, dreamily sniffing flowers and writing a poem, or else cooling her feet in the Gorgs' pond. She was likely oblivious to Mokey's concerns about her, and would probably laugh if she knew that Red was worried about her.
While Red walked through the garden, she thought about how much she hoped that they would kiss each other once she found Mokey. Maybe they would link their tails, and tickle each other with their baloobiuses. Maybe, just maybe, Mokey would carry her back to Fraggle Rock, and they would kiss all the way.
Red was so wrapped up in her thoughts about Mokey that she didn't notice Junior Gorg sneaking up behind her. Fortunately she managed to jump away at the exact moment that Junior leapt to the ground in an attempt to catch her. "I'll get you next time, sneaky Fwaggle," muttered Junior as Mokey quickly ran away.
Red walked all through the garden, but couldn't find Mokey anywhere. She wasn't sitting amongst the flowers, or getting advice from Marjory the Trash Heap. Red quickly walked back to Fraggle Rock. If she couldn't find Mokey in the Rock this time, she'd have to come back out here and talk to the Trash Heap.
When Red returned to Fraggle Rock, she began wandering aimlessly around the Rock, unaware of where exactly her feet were taking her. When she finally arrived back at her and Mokey's cave, she wasn't surprised to find that Mokey wasn't there.
Red sat on her bed, thinking. Where could Mokey be?
"SURPRISE!" shouted a familiar voice. Mokey jumped up from the floor, grabbed Red, and twirled her around in the air. "Happy birthday, my love," Mokey whispered gently as she planted a small kiss on Red's snout.
"Thank you," said Red. She had been so intent on looking for Mokey that she had forgotten today was her birthday!
"These are for you," said Mokey, handing Red several wrapped presents and a bouquet of flowers.
"Thanks so much!" said Red, embracing Mokey. "This is the best birthday I could ever hope for!"
Mokey grabbed Red by the shoulders and gave her a huge kiss that went on for nearly a minute. It was so passionate that by the end, Red's snout had entirely disappeared into Mokey's mouth. There was no better place she could think of for her snout to be.
"I hope you have a great day today," said Mokey, when they finally broke the kiss.
"Of course I will," said Red, bouncing up and down with excitement. "I've already gotten the best present I could ever ask for. A kiss from you!"
Mokey blushed and brought Red in for another kiss.