Hensonville City 2011

Katzi428

Reaction score
OOPS!! You're right!! OK! Sorry! :eek: How's about BUN going down off the B?

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it'd fit if you place it running across starting with the B in BREAD, or does the compound word "HONEYCOMBUN" exist? Still waiting to hear what Kim thinks, LMK and I'll lay down my next word.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Well, it'd fit if you place it running across starting with the B in BREAD, or does the compound word "HONEYCOMBUN" exist? Still waiting to hear what Kim thinks, LMK and I'll lay down my next word.
Nope...no such word as Honeycombun. I'll fix it to go Bread There. BUN & Bread are Together

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay then. Guess Kim will get caught up when she comes back online.

*Lays down a couple letters running up from "BREAD" turning it into one of my mortal culinary Kryptonites, "CORNBREAD".

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Kim: Your logic seems sound except for one thing - we put down BEARD, B-E-A-R-D, running across from the B in HONEYCOMB, not B-E-E-R. So if there was space for it, Kathi’s QUID would have been coming down to connect to the D in BEARD.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, your previous word was "BEARD". Wait... *Checks the words again. Er no, Kathy's "QUID" still wouldn't fit. Like I said previously, if she used the D at the end of "BREAD" it would connect with the second O in "HONEYCOMB" forming the word "OQUID". She can't use the D at the end of "BEARD" either since there's only one space between it and the D at the end of "BREAD". Or are we playing with diagonal tile-laying rules? Even then, I don't see how it would fit since you would have the Q of "QUID" next to the C in "HONEYCOMB", the U of "QUID" one space away from the second O of "HONEYCOMB", and the I of "QUID" directly above the R of "BEARD". That would net her the word "IR", the infinitive form of the Spanish verb meaning "to go", but we agreed on English only at the beginning. And one of the few words I know of with a C-Q combo wouldn't fit either.

Sorry to nitpick, it's a bit of a habit I've picked up from having to visualize mentally what others would normally see like grids or tables. BTW, It's your turn Kim.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Oh, your previous word was "BEARD". Wait... *Checks the words again. Er no, Kathy's "QUID" still wouldn't fit. Like I said previously, if she used the D at the end of "BREAD" it would connect with the second O in "HONEYCOMB" forming the word "OQUID". She can't use the D at the end of "BEARD" either since there's only one space between it and the D at the end of "BREAD". Or are we playing with diagonal tile-laying rules? Even then, I don't see how it would fit since you would have the Q of "QUID" next to the C in "HONEYCOMB", the U of "QUID" one space away from the second O of "HONEYCOMB", and the I of "QUID" directly above the R of "BEARD". That would net her the word "IR", the infinitive form of the Spanish verb meaning "to go", but we agreed on English only at the beginning. And one of the few words I know of with a C-Q combo wouldn't fit either.

Sorry to nitpick, it's a bit of a habit I've picked up from having to visualize mentally what others would normally see like grids or tables. BTW, It's your turn Kim.
I went to see if there was an IR word to get you off the hook , Ed..but nope..Sah-ree .

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Kim: Like I said, if it fit. Oookay... [rubs her hands together, then lays some letters down] Going across from the C in CORNBREAD, we will make CARDIGAN.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hmmm.......mumbling to self Now I know why I gave up playing Scrabble ......then putting down......NUTS .
I can't really picture the game board & letters . you 2

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er Kathy, where did you connect your last word from?