HBO Max to debut Sesame Street Seasons 51-55 and stream episodes from 50-year library

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
However, I find it weird that Noggin had no problem airing the "Uncle Wally Returns" episode from Season 17 or 18, yet chose not to air Uncle Wally's debut from Season 15.
I find it weird Noggin only aired part one of the five-part Purto Rico storyarc. And that they didn't air the season 16 premier.

You do make a good point. However, most of the classic episodes released on iTunes, Amazon, and Netflix, etc. were not that significant. I’m still not entirely sure why they chose some of those episodes.
They seemed to want to focus on just three seasons each and have them be ten years apart. Though it is weird that, with season 15 being among those seasons, they didn't include episode 1839.

I wondered if maybe they were saving some of the biggest episodes for the possibility of a physical release, though they did include the seasons 1 and 10 premiers which had already been available commercially (but with season one being uncut there I guess it's worth it), but none of the other season premiers.

One thing I've been wondering about, and I probably should check, is if any choices were made based on how evenly represented the various seasons were in the various episode. Probably not, but a handful of episodes with repeated street plots were included, representing a little bit more seasons in terms of street stories.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thread bump:

Only 5 more weeks until we hopefully find out what episodes will be included (in terms of regular SS)!

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Do we know other Sesame stuff is going to be there at launch?

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
There's also a new animated spinoff called Mecha Builders. A picture leaked showing Cookie Monster looking like a robot.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm not quite looking forward to that one very much.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Yeah it looks kinda odd. Do we have any more info on that show? I cant find anything else.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
If there was information I think there would be a thread about it.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Wouldn't COVID-19 be a factor in possibly delaying the launch of older episodes on HBO Max?

Status
Not open for further replies.