Happy Fraggle 20th Anniversary!

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
Does anyone else think it would be cool if they made a Fraggle Rock video game for Gameboy Advance? I would think it would have 2D graphics and you got to choose whatever Fraggle you wanted to be out of the main five. And you were sent to go on different journeys to outer space, the gorg's garden, the trash heap, etc.
So if anyone has contacts to any major gaming company I would definitely consider making a game of this incredible show to mark the 20th anniversary of Fraggle Rock. :big_grin:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
But why just for Gameboy Advance? (Although, I would love that as I'm not a huge gaming person and only have a Gameboy Advance, but still...) Why not for Nintendo Gamecube or Playstation 2? Or even the evilest of evils... X-Box? That way it'd be all like wicked 3D graphics, which would rock because as the Fraggles are Muppets they, like us, live in a 3D world. Imagine the possibilities! I'd probably buy a Playstation 2 if they made a game like that for it.

^_^ Debo

Wembley

Reaction score
Originally posted by No1MuppetFan
Does anyone else think it would be cool if they made a Fraggle Rock video game for Gameboy Advance? I would think it would have 2D graphics and you got to choose whatever Fraggle you wanted to be out of the main five. And you were sent to go on different journeys to outer space, the gorg's garden, the trash heap, etc.
So if anyone has contacts to any major gaming company I would definitely consider making a game of this incredible show to mark the 20th anniversary of Fraggle Rock. :big_grin:
Well... I _am_ thinking about learning how to program the GBA - Although I'm sure that the JHC would not approve of us using their characters in a video game, it is a neat idea...

-Rick "Wembley" Miller
rickmillerenterprises@hotmail.com
..."You can NOT leave the magic!"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
20 YEARS?!

:eek:

I was 10 when it came out. Geez, I had no idea time had passed by so fast. I have the most recent 5 videos that I think Buena Vista produced of Fraggle Rock.

I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have Karen post some remininsceses about her days as Red Fraggle, and maybe pop in when we do the role-plays again.

Karen, if you see this, and have time, put down some rememberances of how you felt when you had the role of Red, what it was like to watch the first episode completed, how well everyone took to the show and Red, what impact was expected and happened to the public with this show's performance over the years, your ideas about the cartoon series based on the show and Red on the toon, and how you'd feel about doing a Fraggle movie or TV special or something. Would love to hear some words from you about this magnificent show on it's 20th anniversary!

FOZ

AbnormalExpert

Reaction score
Congrats Fraggles!

Bring Back the Season, Bring back the time, bring back the wonders that used to be mine..... The colors, the characters, and the magic still lives on. Thank You

sidcrowe

Reaction score
You still reading this thread, Karen?

Fraggle Rock still seems fresh today. Lord, how I wish they'd make a Fraggle Movie. Maybe it might not make a kazillion bucks, but it'd be A1 quality and would help Henson get some respect, that's for sure :smile:

I started getting serious about the Muppets with Fraggle Rock.

Everything Jim Henson said made sense to me.

I never gave up on what Fraggle Rock had to say–ever!

As time passed the rest of the world seemed stupid most of the time, and Fraggle Rock grew more important to me. I guess for the vast majority of people in the world, the opposite is true :frown:

I'm over 30 years old now, and I still feel the same.

I guess the Fraggle Rock effect has been permanent.

That's the way I want it :smile:

Thanks to Karen and everybody else connected with the Rock :big_grin:

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
20 years

Hey I was thinking that now that its the 20 year mark for Fraggle Rock why not make dvds, i mean they have them in france, why not us?:confused: The muppet show did dvds 25 years later why not fraggle rock? I also thought palisades could make fraggle figures to be released with the dvds! People would buy them if the dvds were sold, commercials (promotion) and possible return to tv on cbs! I know for sure that the merchandise whould sell very well!
Does anybody have the stats on the possible release of the dvds?
Thanks
Wembley Fraggle (Tyler)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Apparently Palisades shopped the idea of Fraggle Figures and Dark Crystal figures to a lot of different retailers and there was no interest. If there were DVDs or the show was in syndication they would definitely have more of a chance. The Fraggle characters really would make spectacular figures! And the sets! Cool stuff!!

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Yep. Fraggles would be great toys :smile:

I didn't buy the Jen and Kira dolls. They looked weird. Then again, nearly all the Princess Leia figures look like Anthony from the Red Hot Chili peppers :rolleyes:

I woulda thought that a Spawn-quality Skeksis or Mystic would be great, though. Or at least gimme an Urskek. Or Fizzgig, by itself :big_grin:

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
YAY!

Man!! This brings back memories. I LOVED Fraggle Rock as a kid, and Red was always my favourite..:smile: