Halloween is just around the corner

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Nothing a little self-control can't fix. You get a lot of candy for Easter, but you don't eat your whole basket in one day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Easter baskets tend to have other goodies in them besides candy, whereas Halloween is more-or-less almost exclusively candy, and other similar confectionary treats.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Thankfully, it's supposed to clear tomorrow night, but yeah... Halloween is "#cancelled!" down here as well (because it's "too wet" :smirk:)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Halloween 1982. It was a Sunday.
Raining buckets, but kids still came.

2012, three days before Halloween, Hurricane Sandy hit. Trees down, power lines down, live electric wires on the ground. No power for twelve days. But kids still came, even in a disaster area.

Kids seem endowed with one certain inalienable right to free candy on October 31, and they will not be denied.
If some rich guy on the next block was handing out $100 bills, would you stay home? "Oh, but it's raining, I might melt! Or worse, I might get the sniffles!"

This is Grandpa Fuzzy talkin' here.We never cancelled Halloween for nuthin'!
Kids were going for tricks and treats, dang the torpedoes, and stone the crows! Your one day a year to get free candy, you wouldn't let anybody take that from you.Not even rain.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So apparently, the heavy rain here is not coming until later this morning and the lighter stuff will be between 6-8 PM.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
The thing about changing the Trick or Treat days is ridiculous. When I was younger, there was at least one rainy day that I went Trick or Treating that I can remember off the top of my head.
Sheesh, people are so sensitive sometimes!

Anyway, my family won’t be giving out candy this year, I work from 3:00 to 7:00 tonight and my dad works a hockey game tonight. However, I’ll be wearing Halloween scrubs to work today.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My mom says that a lot of towns are postponing Halloween is because it’s on a school night.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sheesh, people are so sensitive sometimes!
Nowadays, they'll actually cancel school if the weather is "too hot" or "too cold." I can remember one time going to school on a day where the clouds were black, the winds were almost hurricane-force, rains were torrential, and I even remember making a case out of it to the principal, saying it was jeopardizing the safety of us kids to send us to school in conditions like this . . . nobody cared, lol.