Halloween (and Valentine's Day) Not Holidays?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
D'Bunney Luuuver said:
I don't have a significant other, I have a bunny.
0___0

heralde-o rivera? said:
Well, St. Valentine's Day should be more about love in general, fer sure!

Amazing though how America is so good at dumbing down holidays! I mean instead of honoring the dead, we dress up to get chocolate. Not that I don't enjoy Halloween the way it is now, but still!
Not gonna lie, I'd be sad if my hunny (not a bunny!) forgot Valentine's day, fer sure.
But I love Halloween. Mostly because costume parties are so much fun. I think I'm going to be Miss Piggy this year!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, like I said I don't mind Halloween the way it is. It's a lot of fun.
It's just a shame the faith-related aspect was lost. I mean, Christmas manages to be both faith and secular (well it tries to be).

Cool, how are you going to do the Miss Piggy look?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well, I have some deep purple gloves and beads. Nest week I am going to second-hand shops to find the sexiest purple dress I can find (that fits, mind!) >< and I will make some piggy ears. And maybe a nose (Still iffy about that!). I have a friend who has a huge costume collection, so I'm going to ask them if they have some stuff, too.

Yeah, Christmas straddles both domains. I am a christian and I'm quite used to both. I have a christmas tree and a nativity scene. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh MrsPepper, I have an appointment that day, so I won't be able to come to T*K*O that day so, ugh... sorry! heh-heh

MrsPepper

Reaction score
D'Liar said:
Uh MrsPepper, I have an appointment that day, so I won't be able to come to T*K*O that day so, ugh... sorry! heh-heh
Nice try, but you might miss our staff costume competition... ***clicks her tongue**

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Nice try, but you might miss our staff costume competition... ***clicks her tongue**
Well you know me, I go as myself every year so people will have a hard time trying to figure out what I'm going as, like remember our last party when Beauregard freaked us all out by playing as King Agrippa, and Vic was Napoleon Dynamite, and TA was Sam the American Eagle, and Vibs was rubber ducky?

But it's a very serious appointment me, you see I have this bad... tooth... and it need to have a... cast put on it and it I keep off of it for a month I'll only have to put liquids in it!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Um... you know, my mum is a hygenist. So, you are so lying. Show up, or you won't get a paid vacation day. :smile: Okie-day? :big_grin:
Also, show up in a costume that's NOT you, or I'll do something else that's not nice. >_>

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was afraid this would happen... MrsPepper, you ARE becoming a Miss Piggy! Next thing you know, you'll karate chop me all day long!:eek:

Okay, okay, I'll show up as Radar O'Reilly

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was always so surprised that kids don't get Halloween off of school, and Halloween is the only holiday that township's can change the actual day Halloween is celebrated on for their convenience, despite the fact that it's supposed to be recognized on the 31st. :mad: