Got a Thing for the Bad Guys

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm SERIOUS!!!! In alot of the things I watch, some of my favorite characters are the villians!!! There are funny villians, and then there's just plain creepy villians, and ya gotta admit, both of 'em can be pretty fun! And is it just me, or, more often than not, don't the villians have the best lines? ("It looks as though you really DON'T have the information I need. I suppose I'll have to settle for revenge." I LOVE that line! :big_grin: )
Sometimes, the bad guys are the only reasons I even WATCH a show! Like Mojo Joj for PowerPuff Girls, or Plankton from Spongebob Squarepants! And he wasn't the ONLY reason I watched it, but Mr. Tinkles from Cats & Dogs just TOTALLY stole the movie for me!!! I just LOVE Johnny Johnson from NewsRadio!!! The man makes me crack up every time!!! And Don Carnage from TaleSpin had the FUNNIEST lines!!! (But ShereKhan gave me the willies.) And The Joker wins for being funny at some times and horribly creepy at others. Another one that gives me the creeps is the Scarecrow, also from Batman. But, they both get REALLY good lines, sometimes. (As do MOST of the bad guys, come to think of it...)
Some villiands I love just 'cuz they're so utterly cool. The Shredder, (though, yes, I love my Turtles, too), or Megatron or Uuuunniiiiicccrrrooonn, (that's how my lil bro says it), ffrom Transformers! And I admit, sometimes I like the villian better than the hero, at least in terms of coolness! (Can we say Skeletor from He-Man?)

There are more, but I won't subject you guys to that! (Most of these guys are animated, I just noticed.) I was thinking a/b this b/c I'm a writer, and as a writer, I'll be honest, the bad guys can just be SO much more fun to write for! :wink:

Gonzo

Reaction score
No doubt.

I LOVE villains. You've mentioned some of my favorites, like Megatron, Joker, Scarecrow...

Some of my other favorites include:

Lex Luthor from the "Superman Animated Series"

Catwoman--especially Michelle Pfeiffer's version "meow meow"

Darth Vader -- love him. love love love him.

The Emperor (from Return of the Jedi)

Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty" -- the most evil Disney villain, in my book

Statler and Waldorf (not necessarily villains, but kinda...)

Oscar the Grouch (ditto)

Joaquin Phoenix's character in "Gladiator."

The Borg (pre-Voyager)

Kai Winn (from DS9--I doubt anyone knows who she is)

That's all for now.

I love's my bad guys!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Jackie

Reaction score
The bad guys are so cool because they have a lot of character and definition. They are allowed to go anywhere where as the good guys have too many boundaries. :smile:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
It's hard not to love the villains in Freakazoid. Especially the Lobe.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The Borg (pre-Voyager)
Kai Winn (from DS9--I doubt anyone knows who she is)

ooooo, i know who she is. she slept with dukat....those politicians, always sleeping with somebody!

heck ya on the borg. one of the most scariest bad guys i've seen. to bad voyager used them to much and made them not that interesting.

ryan

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Here are some o' my faves:
Valmont- Jackie Chan Adventures
Darth Maul- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Toad- X-Men the movie
Draco Malfoy- Harry Potter series
Severus Snape- Harry Potter series
Voldemort- Harry Potter series
Sauron, Saruman, Gollum, The Ringwraiths, the orcs, the trolls, the balrogs... -Lord of the Rings
Samara- The Ring
Team Rocket- Pokemon
Vegeta- Dragon Ball Z
#17- Dragon Ball Z
Prince Diamond, Nephlyte, Jadeite, Emerald, Wicked Lady, Rubeus, Catsy, Birdie, Para para, Kaolinite, Prof. Tomoe, Mistress 9, Hawk's Eye, Populan, The Ice Queen- Sailor Moon
I'll think of more later.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty" -- the most evil Disney villain
*#1 SB fan*

Please tell Melissa to give you some goooooood luvin' tonight.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of the Mad Hatter from the animated Batman series, as well as Snowball the hamster from "Pinky and the Brain." Of course, the fact that both of these characters were voiced by the late Roddy McDowell, of whom I am a huge fan, might have something to do with that :wink:

As far as "anime" villains go, I've always liked Neflite from the first season of Sailor Moon, then Dr. Tomoe from SMS and the Amazoness Quartet and Nehelenia from SuperS (although technically Nehelenia could be from Stars too, since she was in the first five or six episoes of that season).

My favorite anime villain, even though technically he switches sides nearly 3/4 of the way through the Macross Saga, is Exedore from Robotech. Heck, he's my favorite character of the show period.

-Kim

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I was SHOCKED to discover I had forgotten Snowball from Pinky & The Brain! He is an AWESOME villian! Also, the cat from that bizarre Schmeerskahuven, (how the heck do you SPELL that anyway??), saga. You know, the one who wanted to put them all back through the Gene Splicer?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the joker, by far, is probably the best villian out of the batman animated cartoons and movies....mark hamill did a great job as the voice of the joker through the animated series and even into batman beyond. joker can also be seen in justice league..

no offense to the mad hatter though!...

ryan