Got a response from the Sesame Puppeteer Workshop...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This isn't even a passive aggressive pity party, I'm just trying to figure out just what exactly it was this workshop was intending to do, since it seems like what they said when they put out the open call, and what they were actually looking for in those chose to attend were pretty much two different things. It'd be kind of nice if these rumors floating around the workshop can either be confirmed or denied. That's all I want to know.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
guys, I'm so sorry to hear that you all didn't get in to the workshop, i really hope that you all have not given up, just keep trying.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Yeah sorry to hear you got turned down a couple of years ago but I hope you've listen to their advice and decided to re-enter.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seems like they actually have these kinds of workshops every year now, but like with everything else, it seems like anymore they're becoming more and more exclusive to those who already have connections with SS in some way or form, or are already working for them. For example, Matt Vogel just shared some pics and such on social media from this year's workshop, and among those in attendance were Tau Bennett and Stacey Gordon - both of whom are credited SS performers, and have been for a while.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, I think Matt noted that it was specifically advanced level this time around.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Hmm normally they advertise to the masses and it was strange that this came out of the blue.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hmm normally they advertise to the masses and it was strange that this came out of the blue.
Like I said, this was an advanced level workshop. This was to help newer puppeteers with professional experience to brush up on their skills and get more comfortable working with multiple cameras to better equip them for working on SST and other TV shows:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bue-tfWFdhR/

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, most (if not all) of those involved in that are already performers for the show.