Got a response from the Sesame Puppeteer Workshop...

Brian Kendig

Reaction score
... and I was turned down. "Unfortunately, your performance technique is not quite right for the Sesame Street style of puppetry and we cannot offer you a slot in the puppeteer workshop." I figure the "technique is not quite right" part is just form-letter language for "we didn't pick you," but I'm still disappointed - my whole reason for wanting to go to the workshop was to polish my performance technique!

Has anyone else here gotten a reply yet, positive or negative? If they turned you down, did they tell you the same thing as they told me?

And now that our videos no longer have to be private, anyone want to share a link to the video you made?

Brian Kendig

Reaction score
Well, please share your video! I'll share mine as soon as I have time to get the URL and make sure it's no longer private.

I see you have a video blog of your puppet! I like that and I'm looking forward to watching it!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Well right now not feeling too good about the whole thing but maybe later....I tried hard but I did feel my audition video was not the best I could have done.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Same letter for me. Disappointed, but I knew it was a long shot. They had so many applicants, and there are so many people with more experience than I have. I was proud of my application video, though, and look forward to continuing to hone my technique. Here's to a future year!

crazy chris

Reaction score
Would love to see your videos guys!! Sorry to hear the bad news!

cc

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I got rejected too... same letter and everything. Oh well. I at least feel good that I took advantage of the opportunity.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Got lé boot as well. I'm not really upset.