Got a response from the Sesame Puppeteer Workshop...

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I will be honest though, I wonder what they specifically would have said had they not sent me the same form-rejection, because I've given demonstrations for puppeteers who have worked for Henson before,.

i was rejected as well and i admit i wonder this too, i was in classes and one on one lessons with old sesame performers and ex muppeteers

Frankie cordero and Micheal Earl to name a few...not saying i deserved in because of who my contacts are just i was the letter was a little mor as to why exactly we didnt get picked instead of copy past responce

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ed May formed his own puppet company in Nashville, he had brought a show to the Bijou Theater in Knoxville way back in 2007 - a collection of Ananse stories:

I met up with him after the show, as well as another one of his senior puppeteers, Leon Fuller, and introduced both of them to Steve, and they both saw no flaws in my performance techniques whatsoever. In fact, they offered me a summer job for another show they were doing, though nothing ever came out of it. Likewise, the troupe Kids on the Block also expressed interest in hiring me, but I never heard from them again. These are partly the reason why I decided for start my own company (that and I started getting ideas for my own shows, and figured my own company would be logical).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only ones I'm aware of that even got in are this James Kemp fellow, and my friend Brittany, other than that, everybody else I know of got the same rejection notice.

Animal31

Reaction score
James Kemp is a very talented builder and performer, there is a young man in the NJ area on his way there as well named Michael Verdi, very talented builder and performer and I wish them both well...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I must confess, I'm surprised Ryan/Prawnie didn't get in. I wasn't aware he also sent in a submission, but they always say connections are one of the only ways you can make it in this business, and considering he runs the Mindset, he's certainly loaded with connections. Then again, that's really a generalization.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Huh! At Dragon*Con 2012 Peter and a few other puppeteers did a one-hour panel on puppetry fot TV and film, and they did elements on this workshop there. I lucked out and got to be in the "Twinkle Twinkle" group with Janken, and got so flustered and dyslexic looking at the monitor that Peter's puppet whacked Janken over the head after the third flub.

Thanks for the link to the journal. It sounds like a wonderful experience.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So some people who actually have worked for Henson before were selected? I guess some connections were involved after all.