Gonzo Puppet by Terry Angus

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Sorry, as I read further down that old thread I see that there was still a lot of unhappiness with Gonzo, both the product and the photography.

Why am I opening these old wounds? Lol.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Even though he may not be the most perfect or exactly what he was supposed to be, I still like my Gonzo...sock nose as they called him or not. You don't need to be defensive...you where doing your job and being optimistic. I look at it this way....it really could have been worse. Even eFX had troubles finding a company to make Rizzo, they had no luck. I think this line would have had a lot of potetial if they would have given it more time and be more up front with you and all of there customers.

ElecMayhem.....you did an awesome job and thank you for all that you did with the Muppets. At least we give you credit...you alway managed to keep us informed and answered our questions for us. To me, Those where the days that I was so glad to spend my time on here for.

Thank you!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree with MuppetCaper! I love my Gonzo a great deal -- his little hands and feet are gorgeous! He's probably the most expensive thing I ever bought, but I still think he's totally worth it and he has pride of place in my collection.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I love Gonzo too. He could have been better, but he's still pretty great!

ButchCat

Reaction score
Wow, Hey ElecMayhem. I am sorry I did not post those pictures of my Gonzo to take a swipe at you. If it opened old wounds I apologize right off. This last Gonzo turned out so great I wanted to show him off and with working lids to boot.

Heck I even did a not bad Rowlf the Dog too but that one was a poser. It really was too bad that we didn't get to continue the line but this is life. Your up one day and down the next and we keep rolling with it all.

Here's the Rowlf the dog I did for a friend a year ago, His only problem was I couldn't get the right fur.

Take care all.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Wow, Hey ElecMayhem. I am sorry I did not post those pictures of my Gonzo to take a swipe at you. If it opened old wounds I apologize right off. This last Gonzo turned out so great I wanted to show him off and with working lids to boot.
Hey Terry,

No, no, no -- your Gonzo was in no way responsible for the opening of any "old wounds." I love your work, and will always be the first to welcome new pics and/or stories what you're working on. (And would love to welcome some of your work to my collection, too!) No, the "old wounds" comment was in reference to going back and reading an old thread with some fan complaints and comments from around the time that the MR Gonzo Replica came out.

The only reason I find it "painful" at all is that, as a fan, I agree with a lot of the complaints, but was powerless to do anything about it -- even though I was managing the line. That's all.

And wow oh wow, I love that Rowlf.

TikiColadas

Reaction score
I am just BLOWN away by your talent and craft! Words can not express how fantastic your Rowlf and Gonzo replicas are! I stand humble in AWE!

Great JOB!