Gonzo Puppet by Terry Angus

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Years ago I made prototype Gonzo posers for Master Replicas. The massed produced products turned out different than the prototypes I made for them. What some people didn't know was that I was tricked in to loaning the Gonzo that I had made for myself out to help Master Replicas get the right shape of the head for their product and I never got it back. I was told that they lost it... Riggght! I was all out of the foam block to carve the head out of and with Roger's foam jacking their min order price right up to $800.00. I wasn't able to make myself a Gonzo for a very long time....... Until now with help from a friend I was able to get the foam block by piggy backing it on his order.

Now years later finally I have my own Gonzo all finished and with an eye mechanism. I thought that you guys would like to see it. Enjoy and have fun everyone.

Terry Angus

theSHE124

Reaction score
LOVE IT!!! You're so good at building foam puppets, Terry! Say, I just saw a special Muppet Movie Sing Along at Atlanta's Center for Puppetry Arts. They used a rod mechanism with a Gonzo replica dangling on balloons when that part of the movie happened! :concern: Still, you can build him better, so like to you!! :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Great work, Terry! He looks so much better than the MR Gonzo I have standing on my desk. In fact, I think he looks better than the ones we've seen on the screen recently. I especially appreciate the two-eye mechanism, which lets him look surprised or excited. Nowadays it seems like they only build that into one eyeball, foregoing excitement for a more sardonic expression.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
A true work of art, in every sense of the word!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
You should be designing the current Gonzo. This is the little blue fella I remember.
I second that one!! Anyone who doesn't love the work of the awesomely talented Mr Angus, doesn't love the Muppets!! He makes them how they should be made!! Puppet Heap should have him on speed dial!! I'd take Terry's Fozzie over their inferior knock off any day!!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I saw this great puppet on Facebook, but I didn't know about the surprise eye mechanism!! He is worth the wait!!

Schfifty

Reaction score
Looks just phenomenal! He's even wearing the same tux that came with the MR-produced Gonzo!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
If anybody is in the position to purchase a Puppet, I HIGHLY recommend Terry and would stake my reputation on him. Simply put, he's one of the kindest, honest and most creative people I have ever had the pleasure to deal with and I cannot recommend his work enough!! His talent goes beyond words, go take a look at his work, you will be amazed!

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
This is why I get really excited whenever Mr. Angus makes a new puppet. Amazing Job, once again!!!