Frank Oz's appearances throughout his later seasons

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I am thinking that Oz's voice work in Season 34 was mostly involving the Global Grover segments. Makes sense, since the segments were only aired every second episode, most likely. Global Grover was usually followed by the Global Thingy cartoon segments before the "Letter of the Day" feature.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
He returned to perform Grover way more as Grover was his favorite character and also as he got older he had vocal problems with Cookie Monster but I don't know why he didn't do Bert

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
He returned to perform Grover way more as Grover was his favorite character and also as he got older he had vocal problems with Cookie Monster but I don't know why he didn't do Bert
I think it was just Steve not being there as often to portray Ernie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was mention that season 17 might be the first season without any new Frank Oz material, but is there any firsthand evidence that Jim, Frank, Jerry, and Richard did any new material during the period when season 12 was in production? Of course there was a lot of newly-broadcast material, some of which was provably shot during season 11, but if it's true that those performers were not on set at all that year, then season 12 could be the first season without Frank.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the numbers I posted, I'd like to show my work. Now in some of the segments, Frank is probably just doing the voice, and some might have been produced in one season but broadcast the next.

• Season 20 - 16
As Bert: Ernie counts zero fruits, Cave Person Days: Inventing the Window, Ernie tries teaching Ernestine his name (vocal cameo), I Think That It is Wonderful (4)
As Grover: Monsterpiece Theater: The Taming of the Shoe, O'Brien's Fast Food Restaurant, Grover and Sarah talk about the word "quiet", Grover and Torian discuss front and back, two interactions with Zelda, Grover rhymes (7)
As Cookie Monster: Monsterpiece Theater: The Taming of the Shoe, Monsterpiece Theater: Guys and Dolls, zero cookies, Cookie and Diana talk about the word idea, Tara explains information to Cookie, Cookie and Zelda discuss cookies, I Think That It is Wonderful (7)

Bert and Grover also appeared in The Word is No!, but they don't have any dialogue there and probably weren't performed by Frank.

• Season 21 - 17 (maybe)
As Bert: Bert and Ernie opposite game, B&E heavy and light game, Cave Person Days: Inventing the trash can, Keep the Park Clean for the Pigeons (4)
As Grover: Monster in the Mirror, Waiter Grover: Airport Restaurant, Waiter Grover: Most Important Meal, Monsterpiece Theater: The Old Man and the C, MT: The Old Man and the C, MT: The King and I, MT: The 400 Blows, MT: The Postman Always Rings Twice, Dial S for Super Grover, Dog Walker, Marshall Grover: Water in the Desert, Grover and Caroline: YOU, AlphaQuest: S (maybe) (11-12)
As Cookie Monster: Monsterpiece Theater: One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, MT: The Old Man and the C, MT: The King and I, MT: The 400 Blows, MGT: The Postman Always Rings Twice, Murphy Brownbag (6)

• Season 22 - 10
As Grover: Monsterpiece Theater: The Monsters of Venice, MT: The Sun Also Rises, Waiter Grover: Pavlov's Waiter, Super Grover and Super Elmo, Bo Knows, near and far surfing (6)
As Cookie Monster: Three Monsterpiece Theater segments, Two-Headed Monster's vacation, Bo Knows, What is Friend?, Cookie and Prairie show the eyes nose and ears (7)

This season also debuted the celebrity edit of Monster in the Mirror, which has a new ending scene with Grover, though without dialogue, and I'm unsure if Frank Oz performed him in that short scene or not.
  • Season 23 - 14 (maybe 18)
As Bert: Calling all pigeons
As Grover: Monsterpiece Theater: Much Ado About Nothing, MT: Waiting for Elmo, Waiter Grover: CH Sounds, pizza delivery, Grover's taxi, flight attendant Grover helps Mr. Johnson get warm, Super Grover: Saving Energy, Singing in the Rain, The Little Monster Who Cried Wolf
As Cookie Monster: Four Monsterpiece Theater segments (and I think this is the season where they re-shot the Allistair Cookie portions of at least four earlier segments, one of which never aired in this form), Cookie Monster's nightmare, nature walk with Prairie Dawn

This season also premieres Adventure, which has Grover, without dialogue, so I am unsure whether Frank performed him in this one or not.
  • Season 24 - 22
As Bert: Take a Rest, El Timbalo, Stick Out Your Hand and Say Hello, I Gotta Be Clean (4)
As Grover: Take a Rest, El Timbalo, Waiter Grover: Finally a new waiter!, outdoor cafe, Super Grover: crossing the street, Super Grover and Super Annette, MT: Monsters with Dirty Faces, MT: Room at the Top, Grover plays pool with Rick Moranis, Telly shows up and down, Grover lets Jake count millions and millions, here and there lecture (12)
As Cookie Monster: Take a Rest, El Timbalo, six Monsterpiece Theater segments, fast and slow, Annette Benning shows cookies here and there (10)
As Prince Charming: Fairy Tale Today Rapunzel (1)
As a one-shot: The Once and Purple King (1)
  • Season 25 - 52
As Bert: Ernie catches all the fish, E&B: Headphones, Ernie says Hola, Elmo scares the pigeons, Bert waits for ice cream (4-part sketch) (8)
As Grover: Waiter Grover: Front and back of chair, Guido's Trattoria and Spaghetti Joint, Grover portraits a specialty, Please take a number sir (two different endings), park guitar player, exercise instructor , Super Grover's superhero school, four interactions with Carrington (two of which first aired in season 26), Grover and Kana breathe in air, three interactions with Morgan, bubble poem, Grover Monster's Workout Video, Grover's Curtain, moving Monty's chair (20)
As Cookie Monster: Six Monsterpiece Theater segments (plus one that must have been held over for season 26), Cookie Monster's riddle, important, Telly and Cookie eat fast and slow, Gingerbread Man, three interactions with Jawhara, eight interactions with Lexine (one of which was held over for the next season), Cookie imagines ways to get Prairie Dawn's cookie, the first and last cookie (23)
  • Season 26 - 4 (though all are clearly holdovers from season 25.... so 0 here and 35 in season 25)
As Cookie Monster: Monsterpiece Theater: Anyone's Nose, one segment with Lexine (2)
As Grover: Two interactions with Carrington (2)
  • Season 27 - 15 (I previously put down 21, not sure if there's something I overlooked tonight or if I messed up previously)
As Bert: Ernie clears the fears, drum experiment, Animals in/on/under, quiet, Ernie plays house (4)
As Grover: Wig salesman, Grover sells clothes, flight attendant Grover provides something to read, at the concession stand, MT: ABCD Blue, Marshall Grover: Fence (6)
As Cookie Monster: Two Monsterpiece Theater segments, Susan Sarandon learns to eat cookies like Cookie Monster, shell game, closing the cookie box (5)
  • Season 28 - 17 (I previously counted 29, don't know what I missed counting tonight)
As Bert: Ernie walks forwards and backwards, discovery of air (2)
As Grover: Jordan sings the alphabet for Grover, seven interactions with Samantha, weather report, fifteen seconds to talk about love, fifteen seconds to say an S word, Exit sign, Grover looks for the letter A (13)
As Cookie Monster: Cookie does something unexpected, inside scoop, The Sesame Street Open, Up and Down (remake) (4)
  • Season 29 - 23
As Bert: Things That I Remember, Bert's Fairy Tales: Sleeping Beauty (2)
As Grover: Waiter Grover tomato surprise, Chicken Castle, take me out of the ballpark, light and dark with Kermit, Theater in the Park: Richard the Last, Super Grover and Super Baby, two interactions with Megan, two segments with Patrick, Samantha counts to 100 (4-part sketch), next to mailbox, Elmo helps Grover with the alphabet, red and blue (13)
As Cookie Monster: Zero Cookies with Gladys Ormphby, cookie painting, Cookie Monster's experiment, blindfold cookie game (4)
  • Season 30 - 13
As Bert: I Like to Sing, Imagination (remake), Ernie prepares for bed, What's the Name of That Song?, the lost duckie (vocal) (seen in summer reruns of episode 3806, also in an altered season 29 episode in Winter 1999) (5)
As Grover: Hot dog vendor, car rental, Elmo's World: Food, You and You and Me (4)
As Cookie Monster: episode 3804 street scenes, C is for Cookie (remake), Monsterpiece Theater: The Horse Whisperer, Cookie asks Prairie questions, Elmo's World: Food (5)

• Season 31 - I am having trouble determining how many of these are truly Frank Oz, but I'll count what I am most sure of.

As Grover: Telegram, 30 minutes to show surprise (at least 2)

• Season 33 - 12
As Grover: Letter of the Day: O (part 2), LOTD: N (part 2)
As Cookie Monster: Ten Letter of the Day segments (10)
  • Season 34 - 10
As Bert: B&E Dancing Monsters, It's a Circle, Wake Up, frog count to 100, Guess That Animal Sound (5)
As Grover: Five Global Grover segments (5)
  • Season 35 - 2 (and some interactions between Grover and kids, don't know how many)
As Grover: some interactions with kids (don't know how many)
As Cookie Monster: The First Time Me Eat Cookie, episode 4075 (2)
  • Season 36 - 4 (and again, some interactions between Grover and kids)
As Bert: Sleep, I Love My Toes, Imagining a Dinosaur, Guess What's Next Game (4)
  • Season 37 - 6 (and I think an unaired interaction between Grover and a kid)
As Bert: The Ding-Along Song, I Heard the Dog Bark, Breakfast is the Best Meal of the Day (3)
As Grover: Russian Restaurant, Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition (2, plus maybe an unaired kid interaction)
  • Season 40 - 2
As Grover: 1 Marshall Grover In Front Of (1)
As a one-shot: Mad Men (1)
  • Season 41 - 0
  • Season 42 - 2
As Grover: Spider-Monster: The Musical (1)
As a one-shot: The Heaviest Catch (1)
  • Season 43 - 4
As Grover: Coffee Plant, Special (2)
As one-shots: Birdwalk Empire, Upside-Downton Abbey (2)

Compared to when I did this before (without showing my work), there are a few cases where I either miscounted or something (maybe forgot some things). I see that he did a lot more material in season 25 than I counted previously (I'm trying to remember if I counted multi-part segments once or all parts as separate segments).

This took me about two hours. I hope to try to see how many segments he did each season for seasons 10-19, I think season 10 was the last where he regularly did street scenes, but he didn't do many one-shots after that, and most character sketch pages should have all the firsts (though I think some of the season 17-19 Bert sketches still only list the earliest known appearance as opposed to first). Hopefully it won't take me so long.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking about how at least four Monsterpiece Theater intros were changed, I've been thinking it was season 23, but I wonder if I am wrong.

I remember years ago, the Muppet Wiki page for the season 23 premiere had a note about that broadcast of Gone with the Wind, a note that was later removed from the page, I recently went through editing history, and the note was different from what I had remembered. I misremembered it saying that the segment was shown with the library intro and the original Alistair Cookie portions, but I looked recently and it's actually the other way around - the original Union Jack logo is used but the Alastair Cookie scenes were the reshot scenes.

So they changed those by season 23, but they could have been re-shot in season 22 (anybody know of any season 22 episodes that had the "pipe" segments in their original form?). The scripts probably note "revised version" or something like that.

I had been thinking he was more active in season 24 (perhaps to help pick up the slack from the loss of Richard Hunt), but then he also did a lot more in season 25. But season 24 is interesting, he did Prince Charming in one segment and a one-shot in another (it would be interesting to research his work in seasons 10-19 to see when he stopped regularly doing one-shots and minor characters, I'm guessing season 11), he did a few segments on the street set, and (while not as big a deal) there were a few segments with all three of his main Sesame Street characters.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the last couple of days, I have gone through various sketch guides on Muppet Wiki to determine how often Frank Oz performed each year on Sesame Street in seasons 10-19.

I'm guessing seasons 10 and 11 are most likely to have a lot of segments where we don't know Frank performed, maybe some AM segments that I didn't realize were him (or I didn't immediately realize come from these seasons). I think season 10 is the last season to regularly feature Frank in street scenes, I didn't thoroughly look through every season 10 guides (I mainly skimmed the season 10 page to see what episodes had his characters mentioned in the description and looked at those guides). So I might be missing some episodes that include his characters.

As when I noted how often he performed in seasons 20-43, I am really going by segment. I don't know all the taping dates or how many days he actually spent on the Sesame Street set each year (and multiple sketches would have been shot per day), and I don't always know what segments are holdovers from past seasons. I have noticed a handful of segments saying "EKA", so I can't be entirely sure, though most segments I saw listed with "EKA" instead of "first" have taping dates noted, which match up with the season. There's a few with "EKA" that I could tell come from much earlier (incidentally, I wondered if they were held over from several seasons, I thought the season 1-16 scripts list first episode appearances for all Muppet segments, so I am surprised that some segments from about seasons 11-12 have some segments that still only note the "EKA", I guess those are exceptions).

Season 10 - 30 performances
Nine performances as Cookie Monster - Breakfast Time, Kermit News: Daycare, Ernie and CM: Carrots, apple walnut raisin cookies, Ernie meets Cousin Monster, blindfold 5 guessing game, episode 1188, episode 1229, and episode 1302.
Nine performances as Bert - Bert teaches pigeon checkers, E&B share a newspaper, Ernie prepares to write a story, Happy Birthday to U, What's inside Ernie's clothing?, Ernie's apple stand, E&B meet the Martians, pigeon outside window, episode 1198, 1207, 1293, 1302, 1312.
Nine performances as Grover - ABC Disco, Ernie's M/N Gadget, disappearing carrot trick, Grover imagines he's on the moon, I Am Proud of Me, episode 1188, 1198, 1229, 1293, and 1302.
Two performances as Prince Charming - Kermit News: Prince Charming and episode 1312 (which I think was his last street scene performance on the show until the Big Bird's Birthday special, if that counts)
Two performances as other characters - AM cowboy in Letter Y Box of Crayons and little pig & small bad wolf in Kermit Casting Director.
Approximate number of street stories - 7 (episodes 1188, 1198, 1207, 1229, 1293, 1302, and 1312)
Wow, nine appearances each of Bert, Grover, and Cookie Monster in one season.

Season 11 - 32 performances
Nine performances as Cookie Monster - The Leslie Mostly Show, describing a telephone, none some and all cookies, Ernie copies Bert's painting, the beginning middle and end of the cookbook, one or many cookies?, a certain C food, King Cookie, three apples.
Five performances as Bert - E&B lullabies, Bert's goldfish, bed making cooperation, Bert's new phone, and butterfly pageant.
Seventeen performances as Grover - Kermit News: Grand Battements, Super Grover out and in school, first for supper, free fall, four winds, Suzanne Farrell: Fast and slow, Grover and Heather sit up and stand up (clearly a holdover from season 8), Toothbrush salesman, Grover and Tanya read "HELP", four waiter Grover segments, and two interactions with Lisa.
One performance as Tessie Twiddlebug - Rainy Day.
Two performance as other characters - thin green monster in We're All Monsters and colonel in weather around the world.

Season 12 - 23 performances (there's been some speculation that most or maybe even all of Frank Oz's performances this season were taped the previous season, some of them are interactions with kids which are definitely holdovers from the previous season, some segments are also listed on DVD as coming from season 11)
Five performances as Cookie Monster - Mystery Guest, Monsterpiece Theater: Me, Claudius (40 Years of Sunny Days cites it as a season 11 sketch), Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco (ditto), Z picnic, and eating healthy.
Five performances as Bert - painting cooperation, E&B Rollerskate on the floor, Ernie sits, Ernie tries to scare Bert, Ernie
Ten performances as Grover - Camp Wannagohoma: Trees, three interactions with Lisa (obviously all shot during season 11), and three interactions with Tanya (clearly shot during season 11), The Leslie Mostly Show, nose warmer salesman, and first and last with Grover, Kimberly, and Kermit (shot during season 11).
Two performances as Tessie Twiddlebug
One performance as a one-shot character - the salesman in Frog to Forg.

Season 13 - 34 performances
Five performances as Cookie Monster - Kermit News: First day of school, cookie dilemma, Fuzzy and Blue, galoshes poem, and Goodbye Little Cookie.
Thirteen performances as Bert - The Guess What I'm Thinking Game, Getting a bang out of it, Bert and Ernie practice crossing the street, Ernie's loud and soft fish call, E&B Egypt, E&B attracting birds, Bert wants to play a game, follow the arrows, Ernie brings home a surprise, same old Bert, E&B Watch Sneak Peek Previews, grocery list, That's Love.
Thirteen performances as Grover - Camp Wannagohoma: What's Alive, Marshall Grover: rescuing kitty, Grover looks at body, Detective Grover, Name That Sound, Grover touches his nose with his toes, Grover the Messenger, Fuzzy and Blue, Grover and Maya: Arrow, four interactions with Erik.
One performance as a one-shot Anything Muppet - the barber in "Long Time, No See"

Season 14 - 22 performances
Nine performances as Cookie Monster - Handful of Crumbs, I'm Going to Get My Haircut, Me Gotta Be Blue, Hey Food, If Moon Was Cookie, Smart Thinking, Cookie shape test, and two Monsterpiece Theater Segments.
Ten performances as Bert - E&B Snowman, letting balloons go, All Dressed Up, Search for Dr. Livingstone, Ernie watches Bert, Bert sees Snuffleupagus, Bert almost shops for dinner, drum beats game, camping out, I Wish I Had a Friend to Play with Me.
Five performances as Grover - Professor Grover: Listening, Grover the singing and dancing waiter, sunglasses salesman, and two Monsterpiece Theater segments.
One performance as a one-shot Anything Muppet - the barber in "Long Time, No See"

I should also point out that the lost episodes of Sesame Street page notes that the episode 1814 script, which is believed to not be the final aired version, mentions a Cookie Monster segment that hasn't been found in any other script, so if it was taped and broadcast, that would be ten performances as Cookie Monster (well, if it was taped regardless, then Oz did at least ten performances as Cookie in season 14), so we don't know for sure if it was in the final aired version or even aired (maybe we'll be surprised and see that it did air in another episode, maybe by not appearing in the script provided).

Season 15 - 7 performances (and we know he didn't actually perform Grover in Exercise, I'm guessing his time directing The Muppets Take Manhattan took up more time than previous seasons)
One performance as Bert - Imagining a park
Six performances as Grover - Health Minute: Teeth, Grover at the grocery store, Sharing, Exercise (video evidence shows Frank only did the voice there, but I'm counting it), Grover the lifeguard, and Waiter Grover: Grandmother's birthday.

Season 16 - 10 performances
Two as Cookie Monster - Cookie Monster spends the night (a two-part sketch, I'm counting it as one here) and Computer Song.
Seven (maybe 8) as Grover - Grover's newspapers, Super Grover: Computer, Hair piece salesman, Health Minute: The Check-up, Grover and the butterfly, two Professor Grover segments, and maybe Rappin' Alphabet (Grover does not have any dialogue in this, so I don't know for sure if Frank Oz did the puppetry).

Season 17 - None (not even holdover segments)

Season 18 - 10 performances
Four performances as Cookie Monster - Mystery Box, They Can't Take That Away from Me, Healthy Food, and Monsterpiece Theater: The 39 Stairs.
Three performances as Bert - The American Revolution: National Bird, Ernie's book, and Caveman Days: Taking the Kid to School.
Four performances as Grover - Super Grover and Elmo show same and different, Monsterpiece Theater: The 39 Stairs, and two American Revolution segments.

Season 19 - 15 performances
Two performances as Cookie Monster - Two Monsterpiece Theater segments.
Four performances as Bert - Bert's Blanket, Ernie's Dirt Poem, Tuba sounds, the feelings game.
Nine performances as Grover - Waiter Grover: Just following orders, Monster Fix-It Team, Hill Street Twos, Grover and Karlena: Love, three interactions with Chelsea, and two interactions with Jesse.

So for seasons 10-14, Frank did an average of roughly 20-34 episodes a season (if the fan theory that all season 12 segments with Frank, as well as Jim, Jerry, and Richard, had been taped in season 11 is true, then that would be an additional 20 or so segments in season 11). In season 15, his performances start to get scarcer, but for seasons 16-19, he does about 10-15 segments a season (not counting season 17 when he did not perform on the show). And of course I'm not counting unaired sketches (I don't think I know of any unaired Sesame Street segments from the 1980s with Frank Oz's involvement). I'm also not counting those Sesame Place segments, as I don't know what year those were shot (I'm guessing 1980 or 1981), plus we don't know for sure that those monster band segments were shot for Sesame Place (and we don't know for sure if Frank performed Grover in them).

It's also interesting, seasons 10-19, from what I have been able to find, it seems like he usually did Grover more than his other characters, and of his three main characters, he often did Cookie Monster in the least amount of segments (the writers having trouble giving Cookie a lot of segments, writers not wanting to over expose Cookie, or Frank wanting to relieve his throat on Cookie's voice?).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought of a few more segments from seasons 10 and 11 that Frank Oz did that I forgot to note:
In season 10, he did some Anything Muppets in Don Music's Alphabet Song, and I can hear his voice as one of the back-up singers in Twinkle Twinkle.

In season 11, he performed some of the Pipet relatives in Kermit News: Peter Piper.

Let's tally up what I've determined so far, even though I already had (but just listing known involvement in seasons 10-43 without showing my work):
  • Season 10 - 32 (probably more)
  • Season 11 - 33
  • Season 12 - 23
  • Season 13 - 34
  • Season 14 - 22 (maybe 23, depending on if that Cookie Monster sketch actually appeared in that lost episode where the script was not "final aired version")
  • Season 15 - 7
  • Season 16 - 10
  • Season 17 - 0
  • Season 18 - 10
  • Season 19 - 15
  • Season 20 - 16
  • Season 21 - 14
  • Season 22 - 9
  • Season 23 - 13
  • Season 24 - 20
  • Season 25 - 31
  • Season 26 - 4 (though all are clearly holdovers from season 25.... so 0 here and 35 in season 25)
  • Season 27 - 21
  • Season 28 - 29
  • Season 29 - 20
  • Season 30 - 10
  • Season 33 - 12
  • Season 34 - 10
  • Season 35 - 2 (and some interactions between Grover and kids, don't know how many)
  • Season 36 - 4 (and again, some interactions between Grover and kids)
  • Season 37 - 6 (and I think an unaired interaction between Grover and a kid)
  • Season 38 - 0
  • Season 39 - 0
  • Season 40 - 2
  • Season 41 - 0
  • Season 42 - 2
  • Season 43 - 4

So at the end of the 1970s, he was doing over 30 segments a year, then for seasons 12-14 it seems like he did around 20 a season, then when he started directing his amount of segments went down considerably, season 15 only had 7, season 17 his first season absent (assuming at least some of his season 12 segments were shot then), then seasons 16-23 generally provided 10-15 segments a season, season 24 was a slight boost with 20 segments, season 25 gave us over 31 Frank Oz performances, then through season 29 we generally got 20-something performances (and he wasn't really involved with season 26), then seasons 30-34 gave us around 10 per season (and the show had a significant drop in episodes per season in season 30, not to mention seasons 30 and 33 having big changes that made it harder to air a lot of segments), and starting with season 35 the number of segments he did per season was a single digit.

Of course we don't know how many segments he did per day in those days, and the wiki doesn't have all of the taping dates (I wonder if I should go through all known taping dates to see how many days he's been known to do - though Sesame Street Unpaved from 1999 said he was doing three or four days a season and in interviews around 2011 he said he was spending one day a year on the show).

I think I've gone as far back as I want to go for this. Maybe I could try to see how often he was on the show in seasons 8-9 (as far back as when The Muppet Show started), that might be better to try for Jim, Frank, Jerry, and Richard all together. But it'll probably be too much work to determine how often Frank performed on the show in seasons 1-9 (not to mention there'd be a lot more segments where we don't hear his voice so we technically don't know if he's absent).

Stumpos

Reaction score
Gonna try to add on to the post by trying to figure out how many segments Frank Oz was in for the first season. I'll do each season by different posts.

Season 1 - 149 (not counting the CTW sign holding since no one speaks and could be some other performer doing it)
- Bert: 58 (all 55 apartment documented here: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Ernie_and_Bert_Sketches:_Apartment , Some of us are here but not all segment in 0061, 2 non-apartment (https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Ernie_and_Bert_Sketches:_Miscellaneous))
- Cookie Monster: 26 (10 from Kermit's Lectures (count here: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Kermit's_Lectures ), Ernie segments in episode 0008, 0011, 0016, 0031, 0035, 0047, 0055, 0064, A You're Adorable, street scenes in 0044, Big A segment, Count to 10, Gee G segment, Floating Y segment, Here and There, Demand a Cookie)
- Proto-Grover: 8 (Can You Guess, Kermit segment in 0039, 0056, and 0080, Near and Far, Up and Down, First and Last, and G for Grover)
- Anything Muppets: 33 (Consider Yourself, Good Morning Starshine, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, A Spoonful of Sugar, Brotherhood of Man in street scene, Five People in My Family, Four Blind Mice, Fathers (Mothers and Children) Song, Mah Na Mah Na, All Together Now, The Story of the Boy the Girl and the Jelly Beans, Yellow Submarine, Octopus Garden, The People in Your Neighborhood in 0023, 0045, 0067, and 0106, Everyone Likes Ice Cream, Lulu's Back in Town, Goin' for a Ride, Ernie segment in 0038, As I Was Going to St. Ives, Before and After, U segment in 0048, Seven Days, Windy, O segment in 0075, Father and Son segment in 0089, Cheer F in 0092, 0093, and 0094, Cheer K in 0101 and 0102)
- Professor Hastings: 6 (Spinning Wheel, Kermit segment in 0096, Big and Little, Importance of Excercise, Parts of Body)
- Splurge: 1 (Kermit lecture in episode 0015 and 0106)
- Snerf: 1 (Shorter and Longer)
- Dora: 1 (The Diamond D and the Dangerous Dragon
- Beautiful Day Monster: 5 (Kermit's lectures on hair, F, B, and clues, Broken Ukulele,
- Fred: 1 (Ernie segment in episode 0034)
- Lucy Jones: 1 (Pick Your Pet)
- Lefty the Salesman: 5 (Ernie segment in 0079, 0081, 0118, 0126, and 0129)
- Helen Happy: 1 (Hunt for Happiness)
- Wendy: 1 (Pick Up Groceries)
- Wisecracking Ball: 1 (Tiptoe Through the Tulips)

Obviously this is just the segment number, not the amount of episodes he was in (which I assume was the mindset for counting Oz's screentime in seasons 20-43).

Surprised he was in triple digits, though this was season one.

Stumpos

Reaction score
Frank Oz's season 2 segments:
Total: 133
Bert: 27 - Street scenes in episode 0131 (w/ Cookie Monster), 23 Bert and Ernie segments, Magic Apple, Surprises, Bert Watches TV
Cookie Monster: 49 - Circles, What's My Part, Monster Smart Tester, Knife, Spoon, and Fork with Ernie, Handsome Prince transformation, Looking Up with Ernie, Matching with Ernie, Stealing Cupcakes with Ernie, 4 Apples with Ernie, Everybody Moo, Case of Ernie's Missing Cookies, Square Pictures, Fur Coat, Princess and the Cookie, Bag of Cookies, Diet Without Cookies, Up and Down, Egg Sandwich, Next To, Matching Cookies, Share Cookie, street scenes in episode 0173, 0181, 0189, 0213, 0218, 0227,and 0260, One of These Things, Heavy and Light, Read School Building Sign, Here Are Some Things, Bus Stop, Eat Telephone, Cookie Box, Spell Telephone, Exit, Eat Cookies Far From Ernie, Cookie Monster Eats Bob's Cookies, Brown Paper Bag Cookies, Muppet & Kid Moment, Adding, Prairie Dawn Inviting to Dinner (w/ Grover), Cookie Poem, Argue Over Cookie, Read Bird Sign, Peppermint Stick Candy, Cookie Scale, The Garden
Grover: 35 - 10 Grover the Assistant segments, I Whistle A Happy Tune (w/ Cookie Monster), Balloon counting, Birds, Front and Back, Telephone Booth, street scenes in episode 0148 and 0229, Empty and Full, Above and Below, Next to Jelly Beans, You, Danger, Surprise, Count to 3, Letter R, Square vs Triangle, EXIT with Little Jerry and the Monotones, Limbo, Spell Walk, Cutie and the Beast, Letter F, Over, Under, Around and Through, Has Anybody Seen My Dog?, Tug a War, What Do I Do When I'm Alone?
Lefty: 5 - Sell Stop Sign, Sell Me Sign, Remembering Pad, Boss Makes Sure He Knows Alphabet, Carrot Delivery
Professor Hastings: 3 - Two Trucks, What's My Part, Up and Down
One shots: 14 - Street scenes in episode 0132, 0168, and 0195, First and Last, Lost Kid, Alphabet O'Malley, Beginning Middle and End, The Most Beautiful Woman in the World, Samuel Snively, Wonderful/Yucchy, Baseball, The Word, Ubs/Bus, No Matter How You Count Them

Still in triple digits, but only decreased since there's now more backlog of segments to repeat. Cookie Monster now replaces Bert as Oz's most performed character at this time.