For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
will say i will pick these up but im looking forward to the kermit shirt...the build abear clothes works really well for puppets

Carl23

Reaction score
Good point. I bet it's just about the right size for Whatnots, but maybe just a tad small.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
My Boy and I got our Kermits!!! :smile: Wow, he's even better than what I'd imagined, absolutely HUGE, so soft and huggable, with that signature "Kermit" happy face. Awesome. I thought I'd prefer him over my Disney Store plush version, but instead they are equals. B-a-B Kermit is exactly what he's supposed to be, a big huggable teddy-bear version of himself! I asked the girl to fill my Sons' Kermit pretty fat throughout, but for mine, I wanted his arms and especially legs a little more floppy. The hand-hole in the back of Kermit's head is a pretty good size, I'm able to wrestle my big hands in there as far as his head will allow, and puppeteering him for my Son is so much fun! Well heck, my Boy talks to "Kermit" anytime I'm doing his voice, whether or not I've got a Kermit on my hand or not! :smile:

Oh, and yes, Kermit and Piggy are $23.00 each, I think the little outfits are around ten bucks (but I didn't get any). I passed on Piggy, sadly, as she looked almost worse (IMO) in person. I really wanted to like her, but I'm afraid the curse is still going strong. :frown: I almost got the army-green winter coat for Kermit, to match his look in LTS, but I couldn't find a scarf anywhere to go with it, ha.

The staff were really nice, they said more adults were excited about these guys than the kids (naturally), and that they really hoped sales went good so they could get other characters. One girl even snapped a picture of me andy Son in our Kermit-wear, me holding my new Kermit. Great BaB experience as always, and I told them so.

Go get your BaB Muppets!!!
:big_grin:
Anthony

Alvin

Reaction score
Haven't been in recently, checked last month, not in, so hopefully they are in now...gotta get one!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Go get him Alvin! :smile: You won't be sorry, he's so dang cool! Oh, and the release date was yesterday, that's why you couldn't find him before. I'd go soon though, just to make sure you don't miss out! I think these guys are going to be really popular, I'm even thinking about going ahead and picking up a Piggy, just to have one of such a limited edition.

Cheers!
:wink:
Anthony

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Just picked up my very own Kermit today :smile: He looks even cuter then I expected. When I got there, someone had filled up the box of Kermits with German Shepards. It took us a while before we realized that all the Kermits were hidden under there.

The lady that helped stuff the kermit was a HUGE muppet fan herself! She told me how excited she was when all the kermits and piggys arrived! Even though she knew I was way too old for this, she made me put the heart on my head, rub it on my arms, and some other wacky stuff. Anyway, I GOT MY KERMIT!!!!!!!!!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
We got Kermit and Piggy today we had a 10 dollar coupon from the Happy Meals to boot so it was a great experience. I hope they make more. I'm also a member of the rewards program. we should be getting some coupons we can use on clothes too. The Youngest wanted to watch Muppets when we got home so we have the Muppet Movie on right now.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I made myself Miss Piggy today and I'm getting Kermit later this week with the gracious gift of a gift certificate from a relative :smile:

The lady who helped me with Piggy was nice and didn't make me jump around or anything which I appreciated. I couldn't resist and I put Piggy in a wedding dress and decided that when I come back for Kermit I'm not only going to buy him a tuxedo, but I'm also going to buy him and Miss Piggy NY Mets gear (I almost did that today, but I had to go with the wedding attire!)

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Awesome! I'm so glad we're all getting our BaB Muppets! :big_grin: When you guys went, we're there any other Muppet purchases happening from other customers? We went right when they opened, so the place was a little deserted, lol. The staff members had their Kermit's on-hand, literally, doing their voices and really plugging the heck out of these releases. It was really cool. :smile:

Did you guys notice that Piggy doesn't have her tongue, and Kermit doesn't have his black throat? I thought that was odd, but then I just figured they see supposed to be a little simple-looking, like teddy bears. Hmm, dunno. :wink:

muppetguy

Reaction score
So, I purchased my Miss Piggy and her get up last night on the BaB website. Can we see more pictures of peoples BaB muppets on here? I opted out for Kermit, because he's larger than Piggy. I don't know if it's just me, but I prefer my Muppets to be in-scale with one another. I might purchase Kermit for my Mom since she is a huge fan of him and me of Miss Piggy. Here's crossing my fingers for a Fozzie Bear!