For the 1st Time - BRAND NEW "MUPPETS" at BUILD a BEAR Workshop 2012!

Alvin

Reaction score
Sure not in the US yet...or that I have seen

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh man, I can't wait! :drool: Stopped in last time we were in Reno, just to pick up a recordable voice-box, heh. Gonna fill it with 10 seconds of personalized Kermity goodness!! :smile:

Carl23

Reaction score
Very interesting to see that these are already starting to pop up. I gotta admit, they really hit one out of the park with Kermit. He looks much better than I pictured him being as a Build-A-Bear. Can't imagine why they wouldn't sell well.

Carl23

Reaction score
EDIT: With a little digging, i've found that the (at least in the US) release is set for February 24th, through March 31st. Have not been able to find anything on Pricing, but as it's been pointed out in the "GERMAN B-A-B SITE" thread, they WILL be selling a Kermit T-Shirt and an alternate outfit for Piggy.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
pricing id say about 30-40...thats the standard for the build a bears...i think exclusives and limited time ones go for 40...and then the clothes are around 10 bucks each

Carl23

Reaction score
I thought that too, but all of their more recent Licenced characters and "Beary Limited Edition" ones are $23 each. So far all the OTHER releases for February are on the website, either as a product or an announcement but the Muppets are only on the "newsletter" type releases. Interesting, as it doesn't seem as if they are going all out and there seems to be little to no suggestion that they are interested in anything other than Kermit and Piggy...

kyunkyua

Reaction score
They were 30 euros each online and at the store. I didn't check the prices on the outfits, because I wasn't really interested in them for Kermit. The bowtie on their regular tux was the wrong color, and it probably wouldn't have fit anyway.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to save up some allowance before I can go back and get Piggy. I'm kinda worried about the hair; it was an absolute mess on the display models, and lord knows it'll just be worse after being in that bin for so long...

Carl23

Reaction score
Ouch, some quick calculation tells me that 30 euros is about $38.63. I guess the Muppets Licence and the fact that they are Puppets really adds to the price.

I'd have to agree about the outfits, but the really neat thing is they did a Kermit T-shirt. Really cool since it's got tons of uses, and would really work well if they end up continuing the line and eventually make Walter.

Walter

Reaction score
Ouch, some quick calculation tells me that 30 euros is about $38.63. I guess the Muppets Licence and the fact that they are Puppets really adds to the price.

I'd have to agree about the outfits, but the really neat thing is they did a Kermit T-shirt. Really cool since it's got tons of uses, and would really work well if they end up continuing the line and eventually make Walter.
Yeah, They could sell him in his white button up shirt, with the khaki pants on. This way, he can wear most long sleeve and short sleeve shirts, and of course the blue suit(destined to be his trademark outfit)

Carl23

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, Walter. If they did that, I'd pick him up and the Kermit shirt to go with him.