Favorite Musician Muppet

Quesal

Reaction score
Yes, I can see that, "Janice." fer-suure!

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Rowlf - hands down! He is the first Muppet born and thereby has seniority. He's also the embodiment of Jim Henson.

Not to mention his piano playing always makes my day.:sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:cool: The Electric Mayhem, especially Janice, no, Teeth, no, Zoot...ahhhh, wait, but I like Rowlf too. :flirt:

Woltje

Reaction score
Rowlf is it!

BUT! Does anyone here know why all (or most) of the stringed instruments in the Muppet Show are being played LEFT HANDED? It strikes above all when the guest holds a guitar, since most entertainers play the guitar right handed.

Maybe this item has been handled before, but I couldn't find anything...

Quesal

Reaction score
Muppet who play guitars left handed do so becasue the Muppeteers who play them are righthanded. Their righ hands play the heads and so the closest arm wire they can use is the left one, ya see?

Woltje

Reaction score
Great! Thanks! I've been wondering about that for quite a while. Music IS a very important element in the Muppet Show: their choice of songs (AND their arrangements!) forms a very nice songlist, spanning over a century (counting Gilbert and Sullivan's "*** Wilow") of popular and light classical music!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
In some ways though aren't most of the Muppets musicians in ways. I mean Kermit plays the banjo, Fozzie has played the Ukelele a time or two, I've seen Gonzo blow the sax, Scooter has played a little guitar. Their just not known for them, is all really, :smile: :wink:

Woltje

Reaction score
Could there exist any "making of" footage of Rowlf playing the piano while singing? I'd love to know/see how those clips were done. His hands match the heard pianoplaying pretty well, and the singing goes fine as well. But I can't imagine a set up with a piano player sitting in, although Rowlfs playing sounds very "live", a couple of mistakes and all (I adore his version of "Für Elise")!

anytimepally

Reaction score
any Jerry Nelson musician would be #1, but Rowlf and Don Music would be 2 & 3