Favorite Muppet compilation special

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
What do you guys think is the best hour long program to pay tribute to the Muppets?

1) Muppets, a Celebration of 30 Years: great program, hosted by the Muppets themselves. Some rare clips, great jokes from the various presenters, and an appearance by Jim at the end. No behind the scenes info. Muppets are treated as real characters.

2) Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson: aired shortly after Jim's death. Hosted by both the characters and various human stars. Alot of behind the scene info and rare clips (Timepiece). Showcases Jim's fantasy worlds (Dark Crystal, Storyteller). Very emotional ending. Steve's first Kermit appearance, and last major Scooter appearance.

3) Time and Again-Jim Henson: hosted by Jane Pauly. Jim's career told in clips of NBC news segments. Lots of behind the scenes clips, more of Jim's fantasy worlds, and emotional footage of Jim's funeral and an interview with Frank. Ends with Jim and Kermit singing a beautiful rendition of "Bein' Green" to Pauly. Segment on the "Jim Henson closet" at NBC.

Which program do you guys like best? My favorite is definitely the "Celebrate Jim Henson" one. There are so many parts of it that almost make me cry.
:frown: :frown:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Probably the 30 years special....

But they were all pretty good, especially the Time & Again.
I'm so glad I got that on tape when it aired! Woohoo!!

- Billy :cool:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Muppets Celebrate 30 years--has all of the truly great moments, and it doesn't make me cry. Okay, actually it usually does, but just because it's so good, not because anyone has passed away.

Quinnnnnnn

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I'd say CNN Profiles: Jim Henson. Its very informative, and really just a good down-to-earth special. Definitely gives the respect Jim deserves.

-Matt

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
"The World of Jim Henson" by PBS's Great Performances, is also a good one.

Can anyone comment on "An Evening with Jim Henson and Frank Oz"?

Haven't seen it, and want to.

Thanks

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Billy -
I should be getting that special soon...but then again, we don't know eachother...hehehe :big_grin:

-Matt

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Dang...I was hoping to get friendly with a fellow FR lover...I don't know, maybe start a club or something? :stick_out_tongue:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL, you know I despise you right? :big_grin:

I emailed ya Billy, lets get these pickles a-balancin'!

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

-Matt

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
Muppets Celebrate 30 years--has all of the truly great moments, and it doesn't make me cry. Okay, actually it usually does, but just because it's so good, not because anyone has passed away.

Quinnnnnnn
I love that one part when Fozzie tries to give Kermit a tribute and gets choked up so he shows a montage of clips set to a Linda Rondstat song (Your Love Will Live in my Heart). Then we cut back to the Muppets and everyone, aside from Kermit, is bawling their eyes out. Kermit gives the camera this really great look, as if to say, "What did I do to deserve this?"