FAO Schwartz: Muppet Whatnot Workshop coming October 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasty

Reaction score
I love it. That's a great idea to get kids and adults engaged with puppetry. I can still remember how excited I was when I got my first Fisher Price-produced Rowlf puppet. I can only imagine how I would have reacted back then if I had the option to design my own anything Muppet.

$100 may be a bit out of reach for the casual gift purchase, but that may actually be better in the long run. Hopefully the stock parts have decent material and build quality, and that they land on the waiting arms of those looking for a new (or better) way to express themselves to the world around them.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
I love it. That's a great idea to get kids and adults engaged with puppetry. I can still remember how excited I was when I got my first Fisher Price-produced Rowlf puppet. I can only imagine how I would have reacted back then if I had the option to design my own anything Muppet.

$100 may be a bit out of reach for the casual gift purchase, but that may actually be better in the long run. Hopefully the stock parts have decent material and build quality, and that they land on the waiting arms of those looking for a new (or better) way to express themselves to the world around them.
I agree :smile:

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
FAO Schwarz: Muppet Whatnot Workshop coming October 22

FAO Schwarz is planning to open a Whatnot Workshop- sort of like Build-A-Bear, where people can build their own Muppet. Check out my blog for more details:
http://puppeteersunite.com/

This will be amazing!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I can understand the high cost, since FAO Schwartz isn't the Build A Bear Workshop. They are a high end department store that sells high quality merchandise. And while I couldn't see myself buying a leather jacket from them for a couple grand, I'd gladly purchase a build your own Muppet puppet for a hundred bones, since it's a rare commodity to us Muppet fans and is a sure bet for being top quality. Now I just hope these things will fit adult sized hands....

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Great blog entry! I can't wait! I just wish we had some photos of what their set-up and product will look like! Was the photo on your blog from the FAO Schwartz display?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Oh, how I wish I lived in (or near) New York right now ;____;

lowercasegods

Reaction score
But you can build one online and have it shipped to you! How cool is that?

MGov

Reaction score
Great. Another NYC puppet job for Muppetinsider to complain about.

:stick_out_tongue:

Me? I would have jumped at this job when I lived in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.