Fan Mail

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was skimming through this thread (page, after page, after page... :stick_out_tongue: ) and I've got a question. So if I send an e-mail to the Henson company and I ask for a photo of a character or something, they send it in the mail? Also, what's the e-mail address? (Oh yeah, I'll also say good things about them and how much I appreciate them, etc. :wink: :smile: )

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I usually write to fanmail@henson.com whenever I have a quick question about the company or characters that I can't get a definite answer from any other source, ie: Sal Manilla. There was a question about the spelling of "Manilla," so I wrote. I also wrote them for an official statement regarding the Kermit/Piggy love saga, and for more information about Mahna-Mahna.

If you want your letters and request to be taken more seriously, though, especially to performers and asking for autographed photos, it's best to send along a hand written letter and self-addressed stamped envelopes. It gives it that personal touch, especially since you're 'looking for' the 'personal touch' in the autographs!! This is what I would suggest over e-mailing them requesting such items.

FOZ

rexcrk

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success (like, getting a photo or anything) in sending an e-mail instead of a regular letter. I'm asking only because my handwriting isn't quite the best and I'm a much better typer.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Has anyone had any success (like, getting a photo or anything) in sending an e-mail instead of a regular letter. I'm asking only because my handwriting isn't quite the best and I'm a much better typer.
You could compromise and mail a typed letter:smile:

I'm a bit discouraged because I wrote letters to a few of the Muppeters way back in January and I never got responses from any of them. :frown:

Beauregard

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:

I'm a bit discouraged because I wrote letters to a few of the Muppeters way back in January and I never got responses from any of them. :frown:
I am sure you'll get a response eventually.

rexcrk

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:

y'see, that's kinda the part I'm worried about. Like, what if it doesn't get there, or will it take really long to get a response, etc.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Can I ask a question?

Why worry about it? Just write or don't write--sitting back and asking questions won't get you anything. If you have a request, drop a SASE in an envelope with a letter and mail it to them.

You're just procrastinating, and procrastination is what kept me from being able to talk to, or request from, Charles Schulz!

DON'T WAIT! WRITE TODAY!!! NOW!!

:rolleyes:

teebs

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
...procrastination is what kept me from being able to talk to, or request from, Charles Schulz!
You're absolutely right...same with me and Buddy Hackett :cry:

It's an incredibly sad thought, but the performers aren't getting any younger. So write before it's too late.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
teebs said:
It's an incredibly sad thought, but the performers aren't getting any younger. So write before it's too late.
That is a sad thought :sympathy: , I hope nothing bad ever happens to anyone involved with the muppets. Thats something I have thought about alot so I had better get writing jsut incase, I missed out on Jim Hensons autograph :sympathy: and actually meeting him so I had better hurry.
:smile:

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Hey All...

I've had some free time on my hands this week and scanned 3/4 of my autograph successes and posted them to my Yahoo Group for you all to see. You can access them via:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Muppet_Mania/

and then going to the photo gallery and then the autograph gallery.

I also have my photos from the 2003 Macys Parade,The Macy's Muppet Windows,Caroll Spinney NY Book Signing and some classic Sesame Street screen captures in the photo gallerys.

Feel free to contribute to the galleries and discussions !!

Michael