Fan Mail

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Received another Muppet Success today !!

Just received back my 3 photos I sent to Frank Oz.

The photos were inscribed and signed with each characters name.

Michael

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
I sent him a photo of Bert and Sam the Eagle and a picture of Miss Piggy that I took at Christmas time from the Macy's window display. Its a picture of her on the stage.

I even got a letter back from him that the paint pen I sent him for the Miss Piggy photo was faulty :embarrassed:

Never again will I buy my pens at Staples :big_grin:

Michael

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Here's a question for ya all....

What is the usual turn around in response to a fan letter/autograph request from either Steve Whitmire or Kevin Clash ?

Reason I ask is that I wrote both two months earlier than I wrote Dave Goelz and have yet to receive a response ? Should I wait another month or so and re-write em again ?

I'm just curious if anyone had any success with these two and what the ususal turnaround time is.

I will be making a Yahoo groups site this weekend where I will display my autographs and photos from Macy's and Caroll Spinney book signing. I will keep you all updated as to when it's available for viewing.

Michael

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Dave is even more now my personal hero then before!!!!! Not only did he write back, he actually responded to my letter in a handwritten note and wrote me a sweet personal message on my autographed Gonzo picture......

Love love love Dave right now.....:excited:

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I have a dream....its a quiet little dream, of having a hallway in my house with framed autographed pictures of all the major muppets down the hallway....

Perhaps I will extend the dream to have Sesame on one side, Muppets on the other, Fraggles at the end.....

It will be glorious...

I have already been chastized for being entirely too old to have all the Muppet movie posters on my wall so we will modify as such....if you frame them, suddenly they are camp and stylish....

at least this is what I tell myself.......

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MuppetFan123, give it some time. Autographed photos can take up to 6 months to be returned. Did you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope? Those get quicker responses normally.

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Got two more successes yesterday...........

Wrote Sesame Workshop on behalf of my nephew for autographed photos of Elmo and Grover and got back 2 color signed photos...One of Elmo and one of Grover along with a very cute letter from each :smile:

Stange thing was...Grovers photo was way larger and less glossy than Elmos.Elmo's was an 8x10 on Kodak glossy paper..Grover's photo musta been about 12x14 (I may be stretching it alittle, but it wasnt an 8x10 and was way bigger :crazy: )

The turnaround time was little under a week.This is probably due to the fact they are located in NYC as well as I am. I also sent a letter to them in regards to merchandise and got a response back in regards where I can find specific items.

Thanks Again Grover, Elmo and Sesame Workshop you made my nephews day.

I have requests out to Kermit The Frog,Miss Piggy, Scooter, Beaker, Jerry Nelson, Sonia Manzano and Brian Henson. When I hear back for someone, I'll be sure to update.

P.S. --- Before anyone says anything..I know the photos are signed by the interns from reading various posts here and on other sites, but to a 2 1/2 yr old, its the real deal :smile:

Take Care

Michael

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetFan123
P.S. --- Before anyone says anything..I know the photos are signed by the interns from reading various posts here and on other sites, but to a 2 1/2 yr old, its the real deal
You're wrong.

Grover and Elmo DID sign that stuff. You act like they don't care enough about their audience and have their secretaries do these things, or like they're puppets.