Fan Mail

galagr

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question, but;

Did anyone receive anything back yet?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I used the Sesame Workshop address about two months ago and there has been nothing back. Of course, seeing that it was addressed to Steve, I doubt there will be anything until he goes back to do some Ernie stuff.

Or if my worst fears are confirmed, it's sitting in the dead letter office because I didn't address it properly. It's hard to address a letter for overseas. :frown:

galagr

Reaction score
I used the Sesame Workshop address about two months ago and there has been nothing back. Of course, seeing that it was addressed to Steve, I doubt there will be anything until he goes back to do some Ernie stuff.

Or if my worst fears are confirmed, it's sitting in the dead letter office because I didn't address it properly. It's hard to address a letter for overseas. :frown:

It will take a while for the Muppeteers. It usually takes over a year to hear back from them. Don't give up hope.

On another note, what address did you send it to, and why don't you think you addressed it properly?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
It will take a while for the Muppeteers. It usually takes over a year to hear back from them. Don't give up hope.

On another note, what address did you send it to, and why don't you think you addressed it properly?
I used this one:

Sesame Street
Sesame Workshop
One Lincoln Plaza, Fl 2,
New York, NY 10023

I wrote it on the envelope exactly like that. However in Australia, the scanners like to read things in a certain way and I'm dreading the fact that it may have rejected the letter.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
The only muppeteer with muppet photos i have are Kevin Clash with Elmo and Peter Linz with Walter.
The rest i have are of the characters only.

The Clash one i got from writing to the sesame address and peters was in person

RaggMopp1987

Reaction score
Hmm interesting, thanks dwayne1115!

That's a bummer LeahXZoot, I would love to have a picture of Steve or one of his Muppets!

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
I asked Steve for an autograph from the Electric Mayhem and their Muppeteers, including Lips and him!

galagr

Reaction score
It's really a shame that aren't any more reliable addresses for the Muppet performers anymore.

Back in the Henson days, you could just write and there'd be a 95% chance of getting something back. But those days are gone. It's basically impossible to write to them know. that's coming from me, and I know Bill Barrettas' home address.

AND I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING BACK

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Henson use to be really cool, and I kind of made friends with some of there mail people.
I Still say Sesame Workshop is the best place to get in touch with a Muppeter. However I myself have never tried it. What I'm going to do is I'm going to use the addresses that we have with the exception of Henson, and write both Disney and Sesame to see if I can get an autograph from one Muppet, and one Muppeter from each. That way I'll be able to see who sends what and how fast. I'll keep everyone updated on how this little test goes. First I will be constructing the letter, it will be the same letter but the names will change.
For Sesame I'm going to send a letter to Grover, and to Eric Jacobson, and for Disney I'm going to send a letter to Kermit, and to Steve Whitmire. These are two of the more popular Muppets and performers, so it should interesting on what kind of response I get.

galagr

Reaction score
Dwayne, I'm gonna tell you, you will not hear a thing back from Disney. I've seen the way they handle their fan mail and....bleh. You wouldn't believe it.

However, it's in my nature to wish you good luck anyway. Who knows? Maybe they've changed since the last time I visited.