Err A-Parent

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------------------------------

Two froghairs away from meltdown! Nancy and Robin being all sweet and melting a mad frog! Adorable!

Completely perfect!
--------------------------------------------------

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Chapter 10

The band was taking a break—an impromptu one. Animal was off his chain and chasing a group of squealing, giggling girls all through Piggy’s professionally tended flowers. She was remarkably sanguine about it.
“That’s why I hire a gardener instead of sweating,” she had said. “Besides, Moi will not wear those unattractive gardening gloves. Now, if they made them in floral satin….
Kermit had apparently run himself through the shower, because when he came down dressed in khakis, a dark blue polo shirt and a soft-tooled leather belt that Piggy had had custom-made for him he, smelled damp and sudsy. Piggy was in a position to know this because he had come outside, taken her by the hand and was making the rounds of the party like a good host.
Kermit extended a firm handshake to Dr. Teeth, who gave Kermit the same hug—and the same noogie—he had given Robin. Kermit laughed and freed himself, slapping Zoot on the back, shaking hands with Lips.
“Nice shin-dig, Mr. The Boss,” said Floyd Pepper. “You don’t really seem like the teen-age party planner.”
Kermit gave Piggy a look, but her own expression was entirely innocent. Kermit wasn’t sure if Floyd didn’t know Piggy had been planning to keep this a secret or if this was simply the next prank in a long line of tomfoolery that Floyd and Piggy had been perpetrating on each other for years.
“Um, yeah,” said Kermit. “Well, Robin said the kids were really disappointed about the party having to be called off because of overbooking at the gym.”
“Like, it was sooo nice of them to invite the Science Expo folks, too,” said Janice. “Dr. Honeydew would be so impressed with some of these kids.”
Kermit looked around anxiously. “Dr. Honeydew’s not here, is he?” he asked nervously.
“Naw—I think they’re waiting for Beaker’s hair to grow back before they hit the party scene again,” murmured Floyd.
“Well, thanks for coming. Piggy tells me you came on rather short notice,” Kermit said.
Floyd’s bushy eyebrows rose. “Oh—she told you that, did she?” he said mildly. “Well, anything to help the little tadpole.”
Kermit saw it then—the gleam of satisfaction in Floyd’s dark eyes just as he felt Piggy’s hands tighten murderously on his arm. Score one for Floyd in their little feud, but if he were Floyd, he’d watch his back. Still, Kermit was pleased to know that he would have heard about the party even if it happened behind his back—eventually, anyway.
They spoke to innumerable kids, all of whom appeared polite and well-mannered, but if they were awed by Piggy and the band, they were not awed by Kermit. They greeted Piggy with reverence or abject adoration, but with Kermit they were far more familiar. In fact, they showed an unaccountable urge to want to hug him, and tell them something they remembered or knew about Sesame Street or the children’s show, Muppet Babies, they had lent their voices to. Given their long-held reputation for excellence to uphold, frogs take their kissing very seriously, and while Kermit had never been a huge fan of Hollywood’s kiss-kiss casualness, he was a pretty casual hugger. Plus, he loved kids, so he endured their hugs and embraces with a certain amount of sheepish delight. Kermit was hard-put to hold on to his pique, and once he looked up to see Robin watching him fondly over Nancy’s shoulder as they gyrated on the dance floor. Piggy did not help—at all—even prompting their guests with fond memories of his frog-on-the-street years and standing idly by with a bemused expression while Robin’s friends called out their favorites.
The food was excellent, and Kermit discovered that he was starving. He wandered through the buffet line more than once, and allowed Piggy to surreptitiously bring him a wonderfully strong, hot cup of coffee. He had been up for hours, but the food and caffeine revived him.
Louise and Billy took to chaperone duties with aplomb, circulating and making sure that no one wandered too far outside the light or into the bushes. The Mayhem played oldies and newer songs, classics and sometimes obscure tunes, and the kids danced, laughed, swam and ate.

“I want to know where she got those jeans,” said a taffy-haired little fox with big brown eyes. “They are to die for.”
“I just want to know how she gets her hair to do that in this heat,” said a girl with braces “Mine always wants to frizz around the pool.”
“Janice always looks like that,” said Robin, walking up hand and hand with Nancy. “She’s amazing—want to come meet her?”
The girls looked at each other and rustled excitedly.
“Yeah!”
“Yes!”
“Could we?”
A cute little sheep grabbed Robin’s arm excitedly. “And will you introduce me to your Mom?” she asked.
“You mean my Aunt?”
“Right—your Aunt. She is, like, sooooo classy.”
“And your uncle—do you, do you think he’d, um, sign an autograph for my Mom? She’s a big fan…?”
“Sure thing,” said Robin. “Band first, Aunt Piggy next and then we’ll brave Uncle Kermit. Watch the drummer—remember he likes redheads.”
Giggling, the girls trailed after him.

Piggy slipped her gloved hand into Kermit’s slim green one and leaned against his shoulder as they watched the crowd.
“I have to give you something,” said Kermit, his voice dry. Piggy looked up at him, her blue eyes wide.
“Ooh!” she said. “I love presents!”
Kermit laughed. “No, I mean—this party. It’s not a rave, it’s not a brawl. It’s…well, it’s nice. The kids are having fun.”
“Robin’s having fun,” she offered.
“Yes, but—“
“Oh, why must there always be a but—“ Piggy began, but Kermit reached for her other hand and pulled her around to face him.
“You are still on my short list,” he said seriously. “I came home to find every kid from Robin’s school in my backyard.”
“No, Sweetie—this is only about a third of them. And they’re in the house, too.”
“Not my point,” he frowned. “You shouldn’t be having a big party at my house without my permission.”
“Your permission?” Piggy asked, her eyes snapping. “Since when do I—“
“Okay, well—my knowledge. How’s that? Is it too much to ask to be informed about stuff like this?”
“What does that mean—stuff like this? What do you think I do while you’re gone?”
“I’m beginning to wonder!”
“Oh! Oh—Vous are being so unreasonable!”
“Unreasonable? Unreasonable to want to come home to my wife and nephew without finding an adolescent bash in full swing?”
“Would you have preferred an adult bash?” she said icily.
“You know what I mean!”
“I think I do!”
“Piggy, I’m just saying you should have told me about the party!”
“And what makes you think I wouldn’t have told you?” Piggy said, her mouth set in a pouty line. “And you didn’t call me to tell me you were coming home early.”
“I thought you’d be glad,” Kermit almost yelled. He felt like yelling, but had the presence of mind to keep his voice down.
“I am glad! I’m thrilled that you’re here!” Piggy almost-shouted back. They glared at each other.
“When I came through the gate—“ He stopped, scowling at Piggy, who was smiling at him. “What?” he demanded. “What’s so funny?”
Piggy’s expression was very soft, and she reached up and put one hand on his chest.
“Moi was just thinking,” she said. “This party is being chaperoned by Louise, who’s a professional athlete, and Billy, who’s enormous, and by Moi—enough said—but when you came through the gate you were the scariest parent here.”
Kermit looked at her, at her softly curving mouth and blue, blue eyes.
“I was not—“ he began, starting to deny it, but he trailed off, seeing the truth on her countenance. “Was I?”
Piggy nodded. “You were. I’m sure Nancy would have bolted if she hadn’t been standing behind Robin.”
“But I’m not—I’m not…scary,” he said, discomfited and oddly pleased.
Piggy giggled. “Well, not when you're doing your Frog on the Street impression, no,” Piggy said. “But when you’re all worked up, you’re something to see.”
“Hmmm,” said Kermit, his face scrunched up appealingly. “You…you think so, huh?”
Piggy giggled and bit her lip. “I think so.”
Kermit felt heat rise up his neck and into his cheeks, which felt flushed. “Yeah, well, maybe you’re just nervous because you’re up to something,” he shot back. “Did you ever think of that?”
Piggy smiled bewitchingly. “Moi did,” she said. “It’s a distinct possibility.” He might have said more—would have said more—but at that precise moment, Piggy dragged him onto the dance floor.

The band segued into Freebird from something much faster and louder, and Dr. Teeth leaned towards his microphone.
“A special treat for the host and hostess,” said the bedazzled musician. “Here’s some music to hug frogs by! Heh heh heh.”
Robin and Nancy had been dancing fast to the last number, but had stopped uncertainly when the music shifted. Robin looked around and saw his uncle and aunt gliding across the dance area, moving like their feet barely touched the ground. Kermit’s expression was wry, but Robin saw his aunt gazing at his Uncle Kermit with such undisguised adoration that he felt his cheeks flush a little.
“Oh, sheesh,” he groaned. “Just look at them.”
Nancy smacked his arm lightly. “Oh, stop, Robin,” she said, laughing. “I think they’re darling.”
“Oh yeah?” said Robin, turning back to her with an impish smile. “Well, good—cause here come your folks.”
“Yikes,” said Nancy, clutching Robin’s arm and looking past him. Sure enough, Louise and William Kidd spun gracefully out into the middle of the dance area.
“Still think it’s darling?” Robin asked, liking the blush that spread up Nancy’s cheeks. For answer, she pulled his sleeve until he turned around, facing her, but whatever she’d been about to say evaporated in a heartbeat. They were standing close, face-to-face on the dance floor, and soft music was swirling around them. Robin had danced on stage innumerable times, and he was as sure on his feet as his Uncle. Hesitantly, he reached out and put one hand on Nancy’s waist. “You…you want to? Dance?”
Nancy bit her lip and put her hands on Robin’s shoulders. She looked up at him, suddenly shy. “Well,” she said softly. “It is music to hug frogs by. You can’t argue with that.”
Robin had no intention of arguing with that—none at all.

Cinderella’s curfew was approaching. The band announced that they’d play three more songs. The caterers were consolidating the food and had begun to hand out the helium balloons to any comers who wanted one.
At eleven-thirty, Billy began to herd guests toward the door, with Louise and Piggy rounding up strays. Kermit seemed to have self-appointed door duty at the back gate, looking around in consternation for Robin, who was nowhere to be seen.
Though Robin was nowhere to be seen, he had definitely been found. After dancing, he and Nancy had both jumped in the pool for one more dunk, and now they sat, dripping quietly, on one of the benches scattered around the big back yard. This particular bench was just outside the floodlights that illuminated the pool, and the foliage made dappling shadow patterns on their skin in the ambient light.
“Since this is probably my last gasp of freedom until I’m forty, I’m just going to plunge right in here,” said Robin, letting boldness take him where his nerves did not dare. “Did I—do your parents like me, do you think?”
“Mom likes you,” said Nancy, smiling up at Robin.
“Good,” said Robin. “Cause I’m pretty sure she could take me out if she didn’t.”
Nancy laughed. “Good call,” she said.
“What about your dad?” Robin asked, oh-so-casually. “He’s okay with me I hope?”
Nancy smiled and her eyes were merry. “Trust me,” she said. “You’d know if he wasn’t.”
“Good,” said Robin, exhaling loudly. “I’m…I’m a little nervous. I wanted to make a good impression.”
“Well, I like you,” said Nancy. Her voice was teasing but she trailed off suddenly and bit her lip. She did that when she was nervous, he’d noticed, and he was charmed by it.
Carefully, Robin settled back onto the wrought-iron settee, his arm across the scalloped back of it. Nancy moved when he moved, so that when she sat back, his arm was—conveniently—right there.
Robin cleared his throat. “Um, Nancy?”
“Yes.”
“Would they, um, still be okay with me if I were to, um, kiss you right now?”
Nancy’s eyes were alight with affection and mischief. “I could go ask them—“ she began, rising to her feet. Robin’s hand snapped out and clamped onto her wrist.
“Don’t ask them!” he cried. “Sheesh!”
Nancy settled back down, then giggled at Robin’s horrified expression. “I think it would be all right,” she said softly.
Robin smiled a lop-sided smile that made his eyes crinkle appealingly. “So, if I leaned over and kissed you, you, um, wouldn’t call for help or anything?”
Nancy leaned toward him and one hand touched his face.
“Only if you needed it,” she whispered.
Apparently, he didn’t.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
<333 the story. Glad that everyone gets a chance to have fun. There were a few moments that made me snicker. And I'm happy Robin and Nancy got some time to themselves in the end.

Please post when possible. :flirt:

Katzi428

Reaction score
I thought that Kermit was going to have a fight with Piggy in front of everyone,but Piggy calmed him down pretty darn quickly. That's SO cute with Robin & Nancy! Robin has a girlfriend! Awwww!!!!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------------------------
Made me smile. Thank you, Ru! :wink:

I loved how Piggy slowly turned Kermit's mood around with protest, praise, and coyness...how very subtle and masterfully done of her! ha!

And the line about Beaker's hair growing back gave me a giggle. Wonderfully done all around!

----------------------------

Ruahnna

Reaction score
(Almost done--maybe one more little post after this!)

Chapter 11

With impeccable timing, Robin arrived at Kermit’s elbow just as the first guests were saying goodbye and once again displayed his good manners. He was gracious, funny and, to almost anyone but Kermit, seemed completely composed. He wore his still-damp swim trunks and he had just pulled on his Zombie Revolution t-shirt but there was something indefinably…rumpled about him—rumpled and flustered. Kermit looked at him out of the corner of his eye, trying to put one froggy finger on what was different. Piggy would have had no trouble putting her satin-gloved finger on it—she had seen the same look on Kermit many, many times before. The two frogs stood there, shoulder to shoulder, and watched the party guests trail off into the night.
The band packed up and left the neighborhood ringing in the silence of their absence.
Finally, it was just the The Frogs, the caterers and the Kidds, and they closed the back gate and went into the house. Kermit noticed that Robin and Nancy stood near each other but barely looked at each other, and he hoped that they hadn’t had an argument.
Louise embraced Piggy warmly, a sight that made both their husbands smile—Louise so small and compact, and Piggy so soft and lush.
“Thank vous for coming!” Piggy said. Louise gave Piggy an air kiss, then turned and gave Kermit a real one on his flushed froggy cheek.
“Try not to be too hard on them when we’ve gone,” Louise teased, and Kermit mumbled something noncommittal.
Billy kissed Piggy’s hand, then her cheek, and engulfed Kermit in a back-slapping embrace.
“Your wife throws a mean party,” he said, grinning. “Let’s have a grown-up version sometime soon.
“Oh, um, yeah,” said Kermit, feeling just a little tweaked by everyone’s amusement. As though sensing it, Billy reached out and shook Kermit’s hand solidly, looking into his bulbous eyes.
“Call me, won’t you? I’ve got some friends with too much money and no sense about what to do with it. I’ve been trying to get them interested in supporting the theater. Call me and we’ll all do lunch, okay?”
Kermit’s smile was a little more genuine. “Promise,” he said. “I, er, thanks for coming to help Piggy out. I know she appreciated the help.”
“I know she needed it!” Billy teased, and was rewarded when Kermit gave him a solemn “uh huh!” in return.
Bill walked out the door, followed by Louise, who turned back once and gave a quick, almost imperceptible nod to Nancy before herding her husband toward the driveway. Nancy looked to make sure her father was gone, then turned and kissed Robin sweetly on the cheek.
“G’night, Robin,” Nancy said, smiling shyly but triumphantly at Robin’s dumbfounded expression. She turned and smiled at Kermit and Piggy.
“Thank you again, Mr. and Mrs. The Frog,” said Nancy. “It was a wonderful night.” She followed her parents to their car.
The front door closed, and there were at least two whole seconds of absolute silence, then Piggy and Robin began speaking at the same time.
“Please don’t blame Robin! It was Moi’s fault. I shouldn’t have—“
“Uncle Kermit, don’t be mad at Piggy. I begged her to—“
“Stop!” Kermit said. No one paid him the slightest attention.
“—really shouldn’t ground him, Sweetie, for something Moi did, when all—“
“—don’t want to cause trouble between you two. It was my fault—totally—“
“Stop! Stop—I, this is—stop!” Kermit said. He was having a déjà vu moment, remembering all those times at the theater when he had been ostensibly in charge but completely ignored. One thing he knew, and that was that he could not withstand both of them at the same time.
“—know if you just listened—“
“—accept whatever you want to do to me, just don’t be—“
Kermit had had a long day, a miserably long day, and that on the heels of a not-so-stellar week, and his fuse, still smoking from his earlier adventures at the airport, fanned easily into flame again.
“STOP!” he bellowed. “STOP RIGHT NOW!”
There was, at least, a pause in the chatter, and Kermit barged right into the silence.
“You!” he said. “And you! Stop! Not another word!” He crossed his arms across his chest and glared at them. “I refuse to deal with both of you at the same time!” He pointed Robin down the short hallway. “You—into the den and wait for me! Chop chop!”
Robin looked at him, then his eyes slid over to Piggy, clearly asking if she would be all right if he left. Kermit saw it and it hit a nerve.
Now, young frog! Right this minute! I’ll deal with you when I’m done here!”
Robin slunk off, with one more worried look toward Piggy.
Piggy watched Robin go just to avoid looking at Kermit’s angry countenance. When he turned the corner and disappeared, she turned back to her husband and startled to find him so close to her. Without a word, he gestured shortly toward the living room and Piggy went, backing up the first few steps before turning around and leading the way.
Oh! He looked so angry! Piggy tried to brace herself, but she wasn’t sure how to do it, or what she could say to him now. She did not think what she had done was wrong—technically, but he was obviously angry, and she steeled herself to take the brunt of his temper. She turned to face him, blue eyes wide, but Kermit just gestured curtly toward the couch.
“Sit,” he said grimly. Piggy sat.
“Do you have any idea what my week has been like?” Kermit asked.
Piggy started to answer, but Kermit plunged ahead and she had to bite her lip to keep from interrupting him.
“Scooter and I had a miserable time on this trip—just miserable. Well, except for the fans,” he amended grudgingly. “The fans were terrific but the trip itself just stunk. Everything went wrong—every transfer, appointment, hotel reservation—you name it! Everything! The beds were hard, the food was bad—there was not one thing that went right this week except I wasn’t totally alone on this trip. Thank God for Scooter who would rather have been home, too. I—I’m embarrassed to admit it but it sortof helped that he didn’t want to be there, either.”
“I’m sor—“
“Because the whole time I was gone I wanted to know that I was not the most miserable person on the whole planet.”
“Sweetie—“
“Look—it goes with the job. I know that—I’ve always known it, and I’ve always taken that seriously. Part of being the boss is going out and doing the things that have to be done even when you’d rather be home.”
“I’d rather you were home,” Piggy offered in a small voice, but Kermit ignored her, pacing the plush carpet in front of the couch.
“And the whole time I’m gone—the whole time I’m gone, I’m thinking about how my doing the hard stuff, the necessary stuff, makes all of…all of this other stuff possible—the movies, the shows, everything else.”
“Kermie, we appreci—“
“But beyond all that—besides all that—do you know what make it all worthwhile? Do you know what makes it okay?”
Piggy was silent, watching him with gentleness in her eyes.
Do you?”
Piggy roused herself to answer, but Kermit cut her off before she could.
“It was the thought that when it was all over, I’d be coming home—home to you and Robin and the gang—the cast and the crew and the theater. It’s all I thought about while I was gone—wanting to come back to my life here.”
His expression was angry, but there was something in his bulbous eyes that Piggy had not expected to see—hurt. Somehow, they had hurt him, but she didn’t quite understand how.
She started to stand but Kermit was pacing so close to the couch that it was impossible. Instead, Piggy reached out and snagged one of his hands as he went by, twining his froggy fingers with her own. For a moment, he just stared at their intertwined fingers and Piggy thought for a moment that he would pull away, but he did not. He stood there a minute, not looking at her, but letting her hold his hand. Piggy gave him a moment—a long one—and then she tugged gently on his hand and patted the couch beside her.
“Sit by me,” she entreated. For an instant, Piggy thought he would not, then Kermit made an unhappy grimace and sat down beside her. They were not far apart on the couch, but Piggy felt the invisible gulf between them, the barrier of hurt and anger that had been erected between them by her actions and his words.
“I’m sorry,” she said. “Tell me what we did that made you so unhappy.”
“Besides the party?” he snapped, but Piggy called him on it with a look.
“Yes,” she said seriously. “Besides the party. I…I understand that Moi should have told you we were going to have the party—should have asked your permiss—“
“It’s not that,” Kermit muttered. “It’s just—“ He fell silent again, staring up at the ceiling. Piggy waited for him, squeezing his hand to remind him that she was here, and that she was sorry. “It’s just that…when I came home—and you have no idea how much I wanted to be home—I felt…I came home and there was this whole…extravaganza—at my house, in my yard, with my wife and nephew and I just…I just felt…” He fell silent, struggling for words.
Piggy waited for him, the only thing she could offer him since she did not know what words to use.
“I felt…left out.”
There. He’d said it. Kermit felt his face flame with heat and clamped his lips together to keep from saying anything else.
For an instant, Piggy was shocked into silence, but she fought it, groping for words almost before she could think them.
“But, Sweetie—we were just—“ She stopped, thinking what to say, how to say it. “It happened sortof at the last minute,” Piggy said slowly. “But we thought you’d be…sortof horrified by the whole thing.”
“I know,” Kermit cried plaintively. “You thought I’d be a big killjoy.”
Surprise made Piggy’s mouth open and she goggled at him. Something in her silence must have communicated to Kermit, even though he was not looking at her, and he slid his eyes down to see why she was so silent. Her expression must have surprised him as much as his words had surprised her, for he stared at her uncertainly then.
“Moi does not think you are a killjoy!” she said indignantly. “We—I, it was only because of all the fuss and bustle,” Piggy insisted. “I know you like to come home and find refuge from…all that other stuff, the stuff you have to do. I thought you wouldn’t like all the bustle getting ready for the party—Moi never thought for one minute that you wouldn’t enjoy or add to the enjoyment of it.” That last was said with some heat, and Kermit looked at her, astonished.
“So…so you didn’t plan it on purpose for when I was gone—“
“Of course not! I just thought you would worry about everything going okay without you here to help.”
Kermit looked at her skeptically. “And about all the kids running all over the house?”
“Well you would have worried. But they were all very nice,” Piggy insisted.
“And about hiring the Mayhem?” Kermit’s eyes bored into hers, daring her to lie to him. This one was not so easily dismissed.
“They were…they were available on short notice and the kids sortof like that retro stuff. What was Moi supposed to do—hook up your ipod?”
Kermit squinted at her, suspecting a personal foul. “But…but when I did come home—“
“Yes!” Piggy cried, exultant. “When you did come home, you were very charming and hospitable, weren’t you?”
“I would have been more hospitable if I’d known I was having company,” Kermit griped, still piqued, but he was starting to smile.
Piggy saw the smile and stopped, not certain what it signified. Kermit squeezed her hand and sighed, gazing at her with something like bemusement. “First I’m scary. Now I’m charming and hospitable.”
Piggy looked at him, willing him to believe it—all of it—and more.
“You’re a frog of many talents,” she said softly, and laughed breathily when he leaned to her and displayed yet another one.

Things were quieter now at the The Frog household. Piggy had paced the living room in some anxiety while Kermit had gone down the hall to talk to Robin, but at last the door to the den opened and Robin emerged. He looked downcast but not downtrodden and Piggy brightened a little at the sight of him, unscathed.
Robin flopped down on the big comfortable couch beside Piggy and they exchanged rueful and woebegone expressions.
“Well, I’m grounded for life.”
There was a huge sigh. “No surprises there.”
“Nope. What about you? What’d he say to you?”
“Oh, I’m grounded for life, too,” said Robin, “except—“
Piggy sat up and looked at Robin joyfully. “Oh Sweetie! Did he—“
“He said I could go!” Robin said, sighing hugely with relief. “It may be the only time I see daylight for the next ten years, but Uncle Kermit said I could go on vacation with the Kidds and then on to soccer camp.”
Piggy surged up off the couch and kissed him, squealing excitedly. Kermit heard the commotion and came and stood in the doorway, scowling at both of them. When Piggy had finished hugging Robin, she hopped off the couch, walked up to Kermit and threw her arms around him too.
“Oh, Sweetheart!” she cried, pressing kisses on his cheek, his jaw, his aural organs. “Vous are sooo wonderful, such a good uncle, such a wonderful frog!”
Kermit continued to scowl, but he did manage to offer Piggy the portion of his cheek that had not yet been thoroughly smooched.
“Yeah, well….” he began.
“No—you are! You are you are you are you are!” she sing-songed.
“I think we’ve already used that line, Piggy,” he said dryly, and moved his arm out from his body so she could hold onto him better. While he was at it, he put the arm around her, pulling her closer to him.
“I knew you would forgive us,” Piggy gushed. Kermit half-turned and put his other arm tight around Piggy. His expression, when he looked down at her, was stern and implacable.
“Who says I forgive you?” he said.
“But—“
“You still had a wild party in my house!”
“Our house,” she reminded him, gazing at him adoringly.
“Yeah, yeah,” Kermit huffed. “You hired the Electric Mayhem to give a concert at my house!”
“Our house, Dear One,” she murmured.
“And you let Animal loose in the garden!” he complained.
Piggy nestled closer, her golden head on his chest. “Well, technically that was Floyd,” she said. “We didn’t want him to—“
“And you invited horde of rowdy teenagers to my house!”
“Athletic, Sweetie—not rowdy….”
“Yeah—and they think you’re totally awesome, Uncle Kermit!” Robin ventured from the edge of the couch. Reminding Kermit of his presence was probably a technical mistake. Kermit jabbed a slim froggy finger in his direction.
“You! You—go to bed! Now! No TV, no computer, no phone, no…no technology! Do you hear me young frog? I mean it! None! Kaput! Nada! Get going!”
“Yes sir.” With every appearance of docility, Robin started to his room, but when he started to pass by Kermit, he reached out with one long arm and hugged his uncle hard around the middle. Kermit stood proof against this sign of affection for a few beats, then bent and pressed a kiss on the back of Robin’s neck.
“Love you, Uncle Kermit,” Robin said feelingly. Awkwardly, Kermit patted him on the back.
“You’re a good kid—mostly,” Kermit muttered. “Just—go to bed. And no more parties at my house unless I say so.”
Robin nodded, beaming, and headed for his room, leaving Kermit and Piggy alone in the den. For several minutes, Kermit just stood there in the doorway, swaying and holding his wife. At last, he spoke.
“They…they think I’m awesome?” he asked at last. “Really?”
“Really really,” said Piggy. “Scary, charming and hospitable. And now they think you’re awesome.” She kissed him on the chest through the gap between buttons on his polo shirt.
“Oh yeah? What about you?” Kermit asked at last. “Do you think I’m awesome?”
“Huh uh,” Piggy murmured.
Kermit looked down at her in surprise at the exact moment Piggy looked up into his eyes. “Moi doesn’t think,” she said softly. “I happen to know.” She stretched up and kissed him on his froggy lips, holding the contact long enough that he warmed up to it and eventually, kissed her back. When he pulled away, Piggy was looking at him with loving devotion in her blue, blue eyes.
“You are such a good frog,” she said fervently.
“Oh yeah?” said Kermit, turning her toward the hallway. “Well—you’re still grounded—how do you like that?”
Piggy leaned her shining head on his shoulder as they walked toward the stairs. “So, I have to stay home—where you are?”
“That’s right—you have to stay home where, um, I am.”
“Then I like it just fine,” Piggy said softly. And kissed him to seal the deal.

Katzi428

Reaction score
When Kermit was telling Piggy that he was just looking forward to being home & being with her & Robin, I let out an "Awwww" of sympathy for the poor green guy. (No one else was home here.) Same with him "feeling left out" Poor Kermie..er...Kermit. He has a right to be angry with Robin & Piggy. Can't wait to see the next chapter!
(PS.You would have gotten a review from me sooner but one of my cats wanted my attention. He was clawing @ my leg!:ouch: )

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
aww so adorable! Robin has a little girlfriend and Kermit is hilarious when angry! Such a cute little story; ushy gushy as always Ru and I love it! :flirt:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------------
Yes, reminding the scolder you're still in the room during the scolding is definitely a technical foul. But I'm glad Kermit could be made a little malleable by Piggy first!

Wonderful, detailed, and utterly believable! Tres sweet!
---------------------------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope this story gets its finish soon, as I've really taken a liking to it. Please? :coy: