Erm...Hello Again? (And: the Continuing Adventures of Manda)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Great to have you back, Manda! Lots of guys too timid to ask you out til' this guy? You must be hot! :wink: Hope to see you around a lot and glad everything's goin' well.

christyb

Reaction score
First off, welcome back to yet another legend! Yet I finally get to meet another MC legend that Beau has talked my ear off about. Secondly, congratulations on your boyfriend. I wish you both the best..and that you'll make time for us little people! :stick_out_tongue:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
MANDA! MANDA! MANDA!!!

I missed you! the gangs all comming back now! :smile: (I feel like a muppet movie now....)

Remember me?!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm legendary? Wow, that's...Odd. I don't think I'd ever consider myself a legend. ("Manda: The Girl, the Myth, the LEGEND." Just doesn't work.)
Beau...I get the impression that you talkof me much. How sweet!
Vic, I'm actually not that hot. Like, at all. I just tended to get attention from the sweet, timid, geeky types. I've seen pictures of some of my boyfriend's old girlfriends, and THEY were hot. (Models. REAL models.)
Oh, trust me, Count, you guys'll likely hear lots 'bout mah life.
Thanks for welcoming me back, and I'm surprised to find I'm so remembered!
*Hugs* to you all!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Great to have you back, Manda! Lots of guys too timid to ask you out til' this guy? You must be hot! :wink: Hope to see you around a lot and glad everything's goin' well.
Vic, that statement gets you tons of bonus points in my life! I'll make sure and use that one....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Which life... This one? Or the one you'll leap into...
*Gets silenced while the whoosh with iridescent blue light and starry sparkles transports Sarah Y into her next lifetime.

Oh well, she'll be back some day.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
Vic, that statement gets you tons of bonus points in my life! I'll make sure and use that one....
It's all about makin' the ladies happy! :big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
Hi, Manda! I'm Bryan (or BEAR). I joined MC about a year and a half ago. I've seen your name around here though. Welcome back and congrats on your engagement.:smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Congradulations about the engagement, job and school and I hope all gose well for you in your future.

By the way, my name is William and I'm fairly new here, so it's nice to meet you!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
That is, granted I'm even remembered. Wow, I've missed this place! Is that the BBB thread I see ressurected for the bajillionth time?!
Anyhoo...Figured a thread (might) be the best way to initiate some sort of an "I'm ba-ack!" message, though, given the schedule I keep, it's not likely I'll be on much at all. (Guess who very much should be studying for finals right now, but isn't?? I'll give ya three tries.) Also, if yall want to hear, here's an update on meh life thusfar:
Manda's busy, busy, busy. Pushing to get her bachelor's in English, (WITH minors in French and Poli Sci, thank you!), ASAP, and practically living at the coffeeshop where she works, (seriously, anytime I'm not at school), also in a very serious relationship. For the first time ever.
Sure, I've dated before, but it's never been anything like this. I always seem to get the puppy dog guys, (no offense if any of yall are), so they'd follow me around for a while, trying to sum up the courage to ask me out...Once they did. we'd have three dates, four dates...Then, it'd just fizzle out. Nothin'. Not even any more phone calls.
Granted, I probably wasn't helping matters, as I know I tended to be distant. They were nice guys, and I really wanted to like them more than I did...They just weren't IT for me. I had a good excuse, though. See, about two years ago I realized I was in love with this fella who'd been one of my best friends since junior high.
It sucked for a while, trust me. Knowing I was in love with him. Not when I felt I'd already lost my chance. When I was sixteen, he asked me out, you see. And I said no. I quite possibly laughed about it. I just didn't see it, then. Us together, I mean. And, once I started seeing it, it seemed like he'd moved on. (Models. He dated models. How was I, the short, chubby, glasses-wearing brunette to match up to models??)
Lucky for Manda, she was wrong. Ah, yes...Very wrong. Just earlier this summer, everything changed. First, came some hand-holding...Then, lots of visiting me at work...Poor Manda was very, very confused for a while. Then, he asked me out. (No, I did not say "no" and laugh this time. I very much said yes.)
And I am quite ecstatically happy. QUITE ecstatically happy. I know, it's only been a few months, but we've known each other for ages, and, as my mother would say, we've "brought up the 'M' word." (No, not "macaroni.") We're talking about getting married. We're talking about engagement rings, and discussing what our wedding might be like, and working out the practical applications of where I might go to grad school that he could find a good job. (Gettin' mah PhD so I might learn 'em college students in some English!)
Every so often I think: Holy flying iguanas, he wants to marry me! And he does. He truly does. As soon as he reasonably can, which is sometime after I graduate college. (*Squeal of supreme girlish joy*)
Other than that great news, as I said...I'm working a lot. They keep moving me up in my job, (more responsibilities every day) and I'm paid remarkably well, plus they're good to me. School's been a struggle this semester as the work just gets harder and harder...But, I'm happy. (Clearly.)
So...That's my life, in a nutshell. Just thought I'd share...And, of course, say hello! I've missed yall...Sarah, Beau, Scooter...And I look forward to meeting others I've never seen before. *Waves* I don't bite, I promise. There's no guarantees that I'll be around much, but, being a Muppet fan at heart, I just can't let go of this place!
Awwwwww, we got mentioned in one of the subparagraphs! I feel special now. :smile:

And allow me to quote Beauregard here:

Beauregard said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Welcome ba-ack!!!

The Count said:
Which life... This one? Or the one you'll leap into...
*Gets silenced while the whoosh with iridescent blue light and starry sparkles transports Sarah Y into her next lifetime.

Oh well, she'll be back some day.
Yay! Quantum Leap-baked muffins!