Erm...Hello Again? (And: the Continuing Adventures of Manda)

Manda:-D

Reaction score
That is, granted I'm even remembered. Wow, I've missed this place! Is that the BBB thread I see ressurected for the bajillionth time?!
Anyhoo...Figured a thread (might) be the best way to initiate some sort of an "I'm ba-ack!" message, though, given the schedule I keep, it's not likely I'll be on much at all. (Guess who very much should be studying for finals right now, but isn't?? I'll give ya three tries.) Also, if yall want to hear, here's an update on meh life thusfar:
Manda's busy, busy, busy. Pushing to get her bachelor's in English, (WITH minors in French and Poli Sci, thank you!), ASAP, and practically living at the coffeeshop where she works, (seriously, anytime I'm not at school), also in a very serious relationship. For the first time ever.
Sure, I've dated before, but it's never been anything like this. I always seem to get the puppy dog guys, (no offense if any of yall are), so they'd follow me around for a while, trying to sum up the courage to ask me out...Once they did. we'd have three dates, four dates...Then, it'd just fizzle out. Nothin'. Not even any more phone calls.
Granted, I probably wasn't helping matters, as I know I tended to be distant. They were nice guys, and I really wanted to like them more than I did...They just weren't IT for me. I had a good excuse, though. See, about two years ago I realized I was in love with this fella who'd been one of my best friends since junior high.
It sucked for a while, trust me. Knowing I was in love with him. Not when I felt I'd already lost my chance. When I was sixteen, he asked me out, you see. And I said no. I quite possibly laughed about it. I just didn't see it, then. Us together, I mean. And, once I started seeing it, it seemed like he'd moved on. (Models. He dated models. How was I, the short, chubby, glasses-wearing brunette to match up to models??)
Lucky for Manda, she was wrong. Ah, yes...Very wrong. Just earlier this summer, everything changed. First, came some hand-holding...Then, lots of visiting me at work...Poor Manda was very, very confused for a while. Then, he asked me out. (No, I did not say "no" and laugh this time. I very much said yes.)
And I am quite ecstatically happy. QUITE ecstatically happy. I know, it's only been a few months, but we've known each other for ages, and, as my mother would say, we've "brought up the 'M' word." (No, not "macaroni.") We're talking about getting married. We're talking about engagement rings, and discussing what our wedding might be like, and working out the practical applications of where I might go to grad school that he could find a good job. (Gettin' mah PhD so I might learn 'em college students in some English!)
Every so often I think: Holy flying iguanas, he wants to marry me! And he does. He truly does. As soon as he reasonably can, which is sometime after I graduate college. (*Squeal of supreme girlish joy*)
Other than that great news, as I said...I'm working a lot. They keep moving me up in my job, (more responsibilities every day) and I'm paid remarkably well, plus they're good to me. School's been a struggle this semester as the work just gets harder and harder...But, I'm happy. (Clearly.)
So...That's my life, in a nutshell. Just thought I'd share...And, of course, say hello! I've missed yall...Sarah, Beau, Scooter...And I look forward to meeting others I've never seen before. *Waves* I don't bite, I promise. There's no guarantees that I'll be around much, but, being a Muppet fan at heart, I just can't let go of this place!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sorry, who are you? :wink:

Great to have you back Manda :-D, you were definitely on my list of people who'd I'd love to see make a comeback anytime soon.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
MANDA!!!!

My left handed twin! *dies*

Yes, the BBB thread has come back, as it should!

I can't believe I'm seeing you around...wow this so cool! I've been back for about a month now, myself. Have a muffin and dive right in!

MC has really helped me deal with all the stresses of college (of course, now I need to study for a bio test and I've failed to start). But seeing you back, deserves at least one post!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Aww...Thanks! 'Tis good to BE back! Seriously.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
You just made my day or year or decade or something....now get in that BBB thread, girlie!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Blink.>

<Stares>

...I've seen you here before.

HI!!! And welcome back, and I'm thrilled that you're happy, and SQUEEEEEE you're here! And I bet you the next time I see Beau on MSN that's all he'll be able to talk about! ...Er, shout about, more likely... Anyway. Hi! Welcome back! See you around! YAAAAAAAAAAY!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey! It's.... That girl!
Congratulations on finding someone that makes you happy, and all the college stuff, and coming back to MC.
We've missed you here... Check out the Muffins of Our Lives thread, you'll probably like that one.

And feel free to let us know about what's going on in your life. *Hugs Manda.

Beauregard

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manda! I KNEW you'd be the next to make an appearence! First Sarah, then Scooter, now vous! AAAAAAAARG! It's soooo cool!

*cough* *ahem*

Hello there, it is nice to see you again. *hand shake*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hello Manda, I'm Beth, I've seen old threads of yours quite a bit and it's nice to see you back here! Congrats on finding yourself in a wonderful relationship and I hope to see you around as much as you are able to be here!