Episode info from trusted sources

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
With the exception of 1350 which still needs a little more info, Season 11 is all finished! Big kudos go to @Oscarfan for all his time and efforts with these!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow! An intense fight between Bob and Linda. I really would have liked to see that and hear the song that Bob wrote.

I like that Olivia mentions Gordon's afro, referencing the past actors (I think Hal Miller had an afro, not really sure about Matt Robinson), though it is odd that Luis and Mr. Hooper don't seem to think about how Gordon used to look (retconned already?).
Well, I do remember one early sketch where some cast members mentioned that Gordon kept shaving his head and not letting it grow back and the cast members including Oscar pictured him with different hair styels. I thought I'd mention that one as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I do remember one early sketch where some cast members mentioned that Gordon kept shaving his head and not letting it grow back and the cast members including Oscar pictured him with different hair styels. I thought I'd mention that one as well.
I'd say that one is a bit different, though. They say that he keeps shaving his head, but it doesn't seem like they're trying to reference the other actors or that he used to have hair.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that the CTW Archives program guides are written and put out before the final edits of the episodes, but I've found another instance where something I was intrigued by in the program guide ended up not appearing in the final aired version: The script for episode 1441 mentioned a segment where Deena finds she and Pearl can still play even though Deena is sick. I wondered if maybe that was the segment where Pearl is sick (and they just got the characters mixed up), but it doesn't appear in the guide so I guess we'll never know (but what are the odds that they'd do different segments with the other being sick within two seasons of each other?).

And I might need to look at all the season 11 guides (though there's at least one where the script wasn't the final aired version and another where a page was missing), but it seems like Pearl didn't appear in season 11 (at least not any final aired versions) while Deena did. Seems like Deena might have been meant to be a solo character before they decided to give her a comedy partner (though with the season 12 guides I've seen, Deena appears a lot more without Pearl than Pearl does, so far I haven't found any instances of Pearl appearing in a street scene - with or without Deena - us fans seem to think of them as a duo when it seems Deena appeared on her own a lot more).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Saw a full guide for one season 12 episode that has Poco Loco listening to Snuffy on the phone and imitating his voice. I think that's one that was described in the season 12 program guides, but it is clever to have a character from one performer imitate the voice of another character of the same performer (okay, maybe not that clever, as it seems like an obvious trick).

For a while I had thought about how Countess von Dahling's counting makes it rain, how that could be beneficial to society (and added such info at TV Tropes, can't remember if I put it in "Reed Richards is Useless" or "Cut Lex Luthor a Check"), especially since after season 12 (when the character was probably dropped, but I guess we'll see soon if she ever did reappear after season 12) there were at least two episodes involving water shortages (and in one of them they tried making it rain by having everyone count with The Count, thinking the thunder and lightning would help). But then I saw one season 12 guide about a hot day, and now I remember that the season finale was about a heat wave. And in neither case did they enlist the Countess for help. And then I saw a guide where they DO ask her to count to make it rain, though in this case it's to water plants as opposed to being too hot or a water shortage or something (and then it still failed as she thought Masha was having a cold and just stopped).

I've seen a few pages on the wiki that mention scripts indicating things that were cut. Stuff like a lost "Maria as Charlie Chaplin" sketch (which seems to say it was meant for but dropped from two different episodes) and a Grouch parody of some 1990s song/group (I already forget who, I want to say MC Hammer). I'm surprised that the finale aired versions of scripts actually mention segments being cut from the final aired versions (but I guess it's not the first thing I was surprised to learn regarding the scripts).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today, info on episode 1481 was added to the wiki, and I am glad to find info on the episode featuring the song "Next to You", which Big Bird sings to Barkley. I downloaded that song a year ago, thought it sounded good but (knowing it came from the show first and wasn't recorded especially for an album) wondered who Big Bird was singing to. I can't remember if I suspected it to be Barkley. I know I thought it might have been Snuffy or a kid, I might have thought maybe it was a Honker. At least this mystery is solved. I was pretty sure he wasn't singing to the viewer.

The plot - with Telly spending the day thinking Hooper's Store is closed for good, and even ignoring/overlooking all the people who come in and out when it is open - sounds like an awesome plot. Kinda sounds like something they would do with Grover if done today.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yesterday the wiki added a guide for episode 1553, which has Big Bird realizing that he and Buffy hadn't spent much time together during her stay on the street this season, and Big Bird suspected it's because she's been staying in Oscar's can and he doesn't spend much time with Oscar. Could this have been a reference to the fact that Caroll Spinney performed both characters and, therefore, they don't interact much (though I feel like, over the years, those two have interacted a lot more than other characters of the same performer, though it might have become more common later on)?