Empire acquires rights to Jim Henson screenplay

What do you think of Empire acquiring the rights to the Henson screenplay?

• The movie is a great idea. I hope that it gets produced.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • I'm concerned that it can be done well and will honor Jim.

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • It's not worth doing if either Disney or Sesame don't support the movie.

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • I don't want to see it. Hollywood will likely misrepresent Jim’s life.

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters

wes

Reaction score
Off the top of my head

Tom Hanks to play Jim, and i liked Andrews pick of David Cross to play Oz.

Cant wait this will be great to see what angle they'll play this movie.

Movie Annoucer Voice:

In a World where Frogs eye's are ping pong ball, and Coats are sink there was a man who thought this was normal, "Henson"

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Tom Hanks...

is one of the most overrated actors that has ever lived... He's also a dinosaur!

I'll say it again CHRISTIAN BALE... along with being one of the best actors going he would go from young Jim to older Jim perfectly. Also, since he is so huge in big budget his team is itching to get him in smaller budget, meatier roles.

Look at this pic:

kermiegirl

Reaction score
You Read My Mind!

I started thinking recently... How would you all feel if they made a Jim Henson movie similar to the made-for-tv movie In Search of Dr. Seuss? That movie was sort of a biography on Dr. Seuss, but didn't have any actors portray Dr. Seuss. Instead, it invovled a reporter coming to the home of Dr. Seuss, and had various Dr. Seuss creations (played by celebrities) talking about seuss, as well as clips from various animated specials and so on. Maybe a Jim Henson movie would be better in this way... a reporter interviews Kermit and other Muppets, and various clips get shown.
Hey! That's actually not a bad idea! I loved that movie since I was a kid! And you know what? I had just rediscovered this movie and while I was watching it, I thought that instead of Dr. Seuss - who, by the way, had a life as interesting and a little bit similar as Jim's - they would talk about Jim Henson. You actually read my mind!:smile: Why don't we get together sometime and talk about this subject?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hey! That's actually not a bad idea! I loved that movie since I was a kid! And you know what? I had just rediscovered this movie and while I was watching it, I thought that instead of Dr. Seuss - who, by the way, had a life as interesting and a little bit similar as Jim's - they would talk about Jim Henson. You actually read my mind!:smile: Why don't we get together sometime and talk about this subject?
I just started a thread on this type of subject. We can talk about it there.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Wow you guys, i was just watching Arrested Development on DVD and i saw David Cross as Tobias and i thought wow...i have to go post on here that i think he should play Frank Ozzzz and i just logged on and saw that you guys were already talking about him....i definately would put him number one on my list for someone to play Frank

peyjenk

Reaction score
David Cross looks the part, but does he have the acting chops?

I really don't know... the only things I have to go on are the Chipmunks movie and an episode of Just Shoot Me.

travellingpat

Reaction score
He was on Arrested Development for three years and it seems as though he has a voice much like frank...i definately think he could work

wes

Reaction score
I say don't jink it, if they get a good director like Penny Marshell who directed a "league of their own" then it has the potential to be great.

But i wouldn't hold my breath, or get all excited, you see what happen to the Fraggle Rock and Dark Crystal Sequels.

Luke

Reaction score
I say don't jink it, if they get a good director like Penny Marshell who directed a "league of their own" then it has the potential to be great.
There is just no way it could possibly happen in the way fans want without both Henson and Disney involved. Also they just said LIKE Penny Marshall - not sure how they'd afford someone on her level, top lead actor, theater distribution and licenses from both Henson and Disney, and then Disney would NEVER let the Muppets appear on the big screen without their real performers so they'd have to sort that. Not jinxing it, just stating facts, it will never happen the way they are saying, its just PR talk.